Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Release Date - 10th June 2013

Hi All,

I would like to announce that we have set a release date of 10th June for TB2013. As we have mentioned previously, it will be $19.99 to new customers, but for all of you that own a previous version of the game you will get a $10 discount so you only pay $9.99.

In addition to this I will be starting the pre-sales and opening the game to public beta on Monday 20th May 2013, with all those pre-ordering the game able to download and test the latest Beta build.

The game is currently at "Beta Release Candidate 2" and if no further serious bugs are found this will be the released version.

So all of you that can't wait to get your hands on a copy of the game, come back Monday and join the Beta testing.

Last edited by pisdpaul; 06-22-2013 at 09:09 AM.
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
Hi All,

I would like to announce that we have set a release date of 10th June for TB2013. As we have mentioned previously, it will be $19.99 to new customers, but for all of you that own a previous version of the game you will get a $10 discount so you only pay $9.99.

In addition to this I will be starting the pre-sales and opening the game to public beta on Monday 20th May 2013, with all those pre-ordering the game able to download and test the latest Beta build.
Re-package a five-year old game with virtually nothing new and then ask for pre-orders? That's ballsy. All you're going to do is alienate another portion of the dwindling customer base that just won't come back.

I'd go on about how poor a marketing decision this is, but it's nothing new for this title. Someone always seems intent on destroying it and you're getting closer to succeeding all the time.

June 19, 2002: Management module announced.
Dec. 8, 2003: TBCB released after a 14-month delay (or what TBCB 3.0 hopefuls would call "a brief holdup"). No management/role play option is included.
Oct 7, 2005: TBCB 2.0 released. This comes on the heels of a July, 2005 announcement. Still no management-type options, but a product going to market a mere three months after the announcement continues to be a Title Bout record by years.
July 16, 2006: Development of Role-play module announced (again).
June 8, 2007: TBCB 3.0 with RPG announced with a 2007 release!
Later scaled back to 2.5
No version 3.0, no RPG, no 2007 release!
July 16, 2007: Beta-testing for 2.5 begins.
Jan. 31, 2008: TBCB 2.5 released.
June 15, 2010: TCBC 3.0 announced (again) . . scaled back (again) this time to 2.6.
Oct. 28, 2011: Initial query for 2.6 beta-testers made.
Nov. 6, 2012: Over one year after the need for beta testers is announced, beta testing actually begins.
Jan. 2, 2013: For the first time, an official OOTP statement says there is a chance 3.0 will never be made.
May 17, 2013: Pre-sale of 2.6 begins. This affords users the chance to pay for the same damn game they already have, before they can even receive it. What a bargain!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Paul, I'd suggest giving a wee bit more detail as to what 2.6 consists of, including any fixes, additions or improvements. If the perception is it's the same oldd heap with a fresh coat of paint a lot of folks will be turned off.

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 05-17-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

I would like to clarify, if you pre-order the game on Monday you can download and play the current beta build. So you can get your hands on the game on Monday. If you also own a previous copy of the game you can get it for $10 under full price.

Here are some of the new features I can recall off the top of my head. I invite the beta testers, and after Monday anyone else who has played the game to add to this list as I am sure I am missing things:

* Availible on Mac and Linux as well as Windows for the first time
* New skining system with new look&feel
* New fight graphics
* Improved synchronization between fight commentary and action display
* Improved table sort with custom column selection
* Integrated note/memo/bio editing
* Added importing of fighter CSV files for bulk changes
* Tracking of fighters earnings on fight cards
* Lots of little GUI tweaks and improvements
Old 05-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Bogie
All Star Reserve

I will buy it, something is better than nothing! We've had nothing new for far to long. I hope it is worth the wait.
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #6
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Is skinning it in the same manner as FM?

Like the pricing too.
bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_bask View Post
Is skinning it in the same manner as FM?

Like the pricing too.
Exactly, $10 isn't asking too much @ all. People can blow that @ 1 lousy 3D film.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

The skinning is not the same as FM PC, however its very similar to the CM4 skinning as I wrote that GUI layer too. It is the same as OOTP, FML and FMH. There is some basic skinning info here:

Skinning Basics

When I get some spare time I plan to improve this document. Oh, for a time machine!
Old 05-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The skinning is not the same as FM PC, however its very similar to the CM4 skinning as I wrote that GUI layer too. It is the same as OOTP, FML and FMH. There is some basic skinning info here:

Skinning Basics

When I get some spare time I plan to improve this document. Oh, for a time machine!
You said it!
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #10
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

well I can barely afford $10 and this sounds interesting.....My main concerns are about playability. The money track is fine for some but there have been serious questions raised about the strategies (and it is making me think as well about it after seeing it) now I have stated all along for a hope to have rfg corner, ref, judges etc.... I am really hoping that that is there and maybe now improved RFG tweaks (I have commented in the past about overrated fighters and even in come cases underrated) I am wondering if that is fixed as well. Well count me in on the 20th for I am still out at least two weeks more with my back injury. Should be interesting.
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I asked for this, it seems back in the 1950s I think. I'm not sure how it got added with so little fanfare, but I like it. If it works anything like Baseball Mogul does with an .xls file, this is a winning idea.

Can I import an entire universe off one csv file?
Old 05-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #12
BradC
All Star Starter

Hi All: I handle PR and marketing for OOTP and will be doing the same for TBCB 2013. If you're on Twitter, please follow us: https://twitter.com/titleboutboxing

And the Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/TitleBoutBoxing

BTW, there's an old Twitter account at https://twitter.com/titleboutboxing that was apparently set up by a fan. I would love to take it over, if possible, so if you know who set it up, please drop me a line.

Thanks.

Last edited by BradC; 05-23-2013 at 01:03 PM.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #13
Marc Vaughan
Sports Interactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
May 17, 2013: Pre-sale of 2.6 begins. This affords users the chance to pay for the same damn game they already have, before they can even receive it. What a bargain!
If you pre-order during the final testing then you get a copy of the game (ie. in its beta state) when you pre-purchase ... as such no wait.

(such approaches are fairly standard within indie development tbh and shouldn't be a huge surprise to most people for a new product where its important to get a wide range of testing in before its fully released into the wild)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
BKDalen
Bat Boy

I´ve been lurking on these forums for wuite a while waiting for some information that would confirm the next game in the series. I´ve tried the demo for TBCB 2.5 but wasn´t really convinced to buy. What main features in the new installation would convince a newbie to buy? I´m a fan of text based sims (i.e. GDS software games) and love boxing so this would seem a perfect fit but the demo for 2.5 seemed to be missing something
BKDalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I asked for this, it seems back in the 1950s I think. I'm not sure how it got added with so little fanfare, but I like it. If it works anything like Baseball Mogul does with an .xls file, this is a winning idea.

Can I import an entire universe off one csv file?
At the moment you can only update fighters from CSV, this biggest problem is the shear number of columns you would need to export the entire database. The csv would be very complex.

I can expand on this over time so in the future we could have all DB records saved/imported to a set of csv files. This would make editing the database in your favorite spreadsheet software very easy.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #16
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I can see how this skinning option would appeal to a lot of young gamers, which is a good thing. Sounds a bit over my greying head though. I'm curious how the whole thing looks and works as is. It's been so long since we've had any scrap of something new that I'm quite willing to turn over all the chesterfield and chair cushions to scrounge up the $10. I'm assuming that's $10 USD?

Cap
Old 05-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #17
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

I have a beta tester version so I will happily pay the 19.95 for the new version

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #18
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would like to clarify, if you pre-order the game on Monday you can download and play the current beta build. So you can get your hands on the game on Monday. If you also own a previous copy of the game you can get it for $10 under full price.

Here are some of the new features I can recall off the top of my head. I invite the beta testers, and after Monday anyone else who has played the game to add to this list as I am sure I am missing things:

* Availible on Mac and Linux as well as Windows for the first time
* New skining system with new look&feel
* New fight graphics
* Improved synchronization between fight commentary and action display
* Improved table sort with custom column selection
* Integrated note/memo/bio editing
* Tracking of fighters earnings on fight cards
* Lots of little GUI tweaks and improvements
was the earnings fixed for historical dated cards ... right now if you set any past date then all the earnings are $100

UTBA3
Old 05-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #19
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
I'm assuming that's $10 USD?
Yes, its USD... This skinning is not as complex as it initially seems. Once you have a handle on it, it make a lot of sense. There is even the ability to move, resize and even delete buttons/controls from the screens. So if someone really wants to the skinning controls give a lot of power!
Old 05-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #20
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

sorry to keep dola posting but how is the importing of current universes working so far? Can any testers answer ... been running my uni for 9 years ... no intention of losing it

UTBA3