Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-03-2006, 01:32 AM   #101
Cornelius McGillicuddy
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich12545
Hi!

I was just wondering how the finishing of the customization manual was coming along.
I think this was missed so here it is again.
Cornelius McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:53 AM   #102
glenmere14
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich12545
I think this was missed so here it is again.
Bumper...not busting on you Battists, jut eager!
glenmere14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #103
battists
Hall Of Famer

*sigh*

I'm actually going on vacation next week. #1 thing on my priority list when I return is updating the manual, and then #2 is trying to make some sense of the customization manual! Er, that is, those are my #1 and #2 priorities after my real job, and my second job, and taking care of the kids, and spending time with my wife, and mowing the lawn, and . . . .

Now, where did I put that cloning machine?

battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #104
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists
*sigh*

I'm actually going on vacation next week. #1 thing on my priority list when I return is updating the manual, and then #2 is trying to make some sense of the customization manual! Er, that is, those are my #1 and #2 priorities after my real job, and my second job, and taking care of the kids, and spending time with my wife, and mowing the lawn, and . . . .

battists, I can understand everything except putting the lawn before the needs of your fans. My own lawn has approached jungle status, thanks to OOTP. The very idea. Harrumph.

Hey, if I mow your lawn, will you expedite the manuals?
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #105
kagnew35
All Star Starter

How bout the 3rd manual that was mentioned, players guide, is that still in the works??

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #106
DaddyO
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists
*sigh*

battists,

As I'm sure you already know, for heaven's sake don't cheat your wife and kids for our hobby. If you do you'll regret it the rest of your life. Now the grass, that's another matter. I'd be perfectly happy for 1998 Yankees to mow it for you! Anybody who roots for the Yankees deserves to mow other people's grass anyway! (Just Kidding Yank)

Last edited by DaddyO; 09-06-2006 at 05:07 PM.
DaddyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #107
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyO
battists,

As I'm sure you already know, for heaven's sake don't cheat your wife and kids for our hobby. If you do you'll regret it the rest of your life. Now the grass, that's another matter. I'd be perfectly happy for 1998 Yankees to mow it for you! Anybody who roots for the Yankees deserves to mow other people's grass anyway! (Just Kidding Yank)
Old 09-29-2006, 04:08 PM   #108
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Steve, u back and rested? what is status of manual? really do not want to print it twice

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
Old 09-29-2006, 05:03 PM   #109
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagnew35
Steve, u back and rested? what is status of manual? really do not want to print it twice
Manual is going through final updates right now, then will have another week or so for some editing. I suspect I will be posting it in about 2 weeks. The updates aren't terribly substantial; I've updated it to account for all of the new stuff Markus added in the patches. But, don't expect new sections giving strategy, or describing certain areas of the game in more detail.

Also, please be forewarned: I was not able to do this in any way that would make it easy to update your existing copy of the manual with "just the changes," since they are scattered throughout the document.

What I will try to do is post two versions of the document or some such; 1 "clean" copy, and one that notes all of the areas that have changed.

Thanks for your understanding!

Steve
Old 09-29-2006, 05:06 PM   #110
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Thanks for the quick replly, steve, preciate it and good news on it being soon, ty many times over for all your work. Now get Markus to add all of comedians utilities to 2007 and we be good to go. Hire him.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:17 PM   #111
battists
Hall Of Famer

OK, the Game Guide has undergone its final revision of the 2006 product. Use the link in the first post in this thread to download a fresh copy. All of the new features that were added in the three patches are now covered.

As I mentioned earlier, I wasn't able to do this in such a way as to make it easy for people to "just print out the changes," and for that I apologize. But, I just couldn't wait any longer to get this done. I'm continuing work on the Customization Guide, with the help of a new volunteer, so hopefully there will be an update there soon as well.

Thanks everyone.

Steve
Old 10-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #112
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
OK, the Game Guide has undergone its final revision of the 2006 product. Use the link in the first post in this thread to download a fresh copy. All of the new features that were added in the three patches are now covered.

As I mentioned earlier, I wasn't able to do this in such a way as to make it easy for people to "just print out the changes," and for that I apologize. But, I just couldn't wait any longer to get this done. I'm continuing work on the Customization Guide, with the help of a new volunteer, so hopefully there will be an update there soon as well.

Thanks everyone.

Steve
Thanks Steve!
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:51 PM   #113
sporr
Global Moderator

dola,

Small thing I noticed. When you Auto-play until next week, the game actually plays through Saturday. This is different than 6.5 which played through Sunday.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:01 PM   #114
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

battists, I would be remiss if I did not say "thank you" after politely busting your chops about it. So, thanks. Really.

Edit: Well, I hate to bust your chops again, but I went with the shortcut link on your first post, and the long way through the downloads section, and each time arrived at this page:

http://www.ootpbaseball2006.com/down...=download&id=5

Here, the updated version is announced but it appears that the old version of the game guide is still linked as I found out after downloading it. Clue: the blurb beneath the file link still says "added on 08/06/2006" which means June 8th to us on this side of the pond.

Oh well, I'll check back in the morning, I guess.

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 10-15-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #115
battists
Hall Of Famer

Grr. I have to talk to the powers-that-be about this one, so it won't be until tomorrow...
Old 10-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #116
Stats_Enthusiast
Minors (Triple A)

Imho, job well done... I'm sure everyone can wait until tomorrow to get the update.

Thank you for the great work Steve-O!

PS - Can I (we) trouble you for a link to the updated manual? Please and thanks again.
NFL - Bears

Last edited by Stats_Enthusiast; 10-15-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Stats_Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #117
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Grr. I have to talk to the powers-that-be about this one, so it won't be until tomorrow...
OK, thanks. I appreciate the confirmation of my sanity; I checked it five times before I convinced myself that something was wrong and I was not missing something. Tomorrow's great, not a problem.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:18 AM   #118
battists
Hall Of Famer

We're still experiencing some difficulty with this. Feel free to give it a try again. The very first page of the document should have version 1.2 listed in the Version History. If it says 1.1, it's still the old version.

Steve
Old 10-16-2006, 12:17 PM   #119
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We're still experiencing some difficulty with this. Feel free to give it a try again. The very first page of the document should have version 1.2 listed in the Version History. If it says 1.1, it's still the old version.

Steve
We're good, Steve. Thanks again.

Hmmmm. 17 more pages of highly useful information. Cool.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:13 PM   #120
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for all of your hard work. The manual is excellent.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote