Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 09-07-2021, 05:10 PM   #1
littlejim13
Minors (Double A)

Editing League History

I am playing the 1942 season and intending on playing it going forward. I have played hypothetical world series in 01, 02, and 04. Is there a way to edit the league history to add the results to the database? And with this in mind is there a way to add league awards and whatnot in retrospect such as mvps? Thanks
littlejim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:45 PM   #2
DrDoom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejim13 View Post
I am playing the 1942 season and intending on playing it going forward. I have played hypothetical world series in 01, 02, and 04. Is there a way to edit the league history to add the results to the database? And with this in mind is there a way to add league awards and whatnot in retrospect such as mvps? Thanks
I created a tool that converts the ootp database files into editable csv files that you can edit and convert back. You could use it to edit the league history but it only works for starting new worlds. It isn’t designed for editing existing ones. I have versions for ootp 21 and 22 here: OOTP Database Conversion Tool. Someone made a tool a while back capable of editing existing worlds but it’s for older versions of OOTP.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:11 PM   #3
littlejim13
Minors (Double A)

T
Old 09-09-2021, 11:11 PM   #4
littlejim13
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I created a tool that converts the ootp database files into editable csv files that you can edit and convert back. You could use it to edit the league history but it only works for starting new worlds. It isn’t designed for editing existing ones. I have versions for ootp 21 and 22 here: OOTP Database Conversion Tool. Someone made a tool a while back capable of editing existing worlds but it’s for older versions of OOTP.
This is a pretty cool tool. I am playing around with it, I was wondering what hinders it from editing existing worlds? If I take the league history and cut out everything after 1941 after adding what I want and reconvert the stats odb file and replace it would it work?
Old 09-11-2021, 02:07 PM   #5
DrDoom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejim13 View Post
This is a pretty cool tool. I am playing around with it, I was wondering what hinders it from editing existing worlds? If I take the league history and cut out everything after 1941 after adding what I want and reconvert the stats odb file and replace it would it work?
The reason you cannot edit existing worlds is that the conversion tool is designed specifically for editing the OOTP Database(*.odb) files and the odb files simply initialize data for a new world. Once the world is created, the data exists in a different format(*.dat files). I haven't looked at what is exactly contained in the dat files but I'm guessing that, in addition to historical stats, they contain ratings created by the OOTP game engine. The odb files simply contain historical stat info which are likely then used to generate those very ratings. Nevertheless, I'd have to create a separate conversion tool for the save games for editing existing worlds to be possible.

As far as getting rid of everything after a specific year, I'm really not sure. I've tested the tool by adding players/teams/leagues and changing their associated stats and, as long as the IDs are good, it seems to work. I haven't tried removing data for entire years but, if I had to guess, it wouldn't be a good idea to do that and then try to play a year where there was no data. Anyhow, if you're able to test it, let me know how it goes.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 02:53 AM   #6
slavaootp
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Nevertheless, I'd have to create a separate conversion tool for the save games for editing existing worlds to be possible.
Hi Dr Doom. Is there any hope for us about that coversion tool?
slavaootp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 11:10 PM   #7
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavaootp View Post
Hi Dr Doom. Is there any hope for us about that coversion tool?
It'd be very difficult to do effectively because of the complexity of diversity of OOTP universes, and their size.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 02:16 AM   #8
slavaootp
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
It'd be very difficult to do effectively because of the complexity of diversity of OOTP universes, and their size.
Complexity of OOTP is not the point here. Just specific question regarding the possibility of converting (or, at least, making readable, as a first step) the .dat files in saved games. Dr. Doom mentioned that he might create such tool. Though, he seems to be out of the forum for a while.
slavaootp is offline   Reply With Quote