Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 12:26 AM   #61
merlin
Minors (Single A)

news

http://mlb2.pc-sports.net/html/mlb2/news.html
here another thing funny look at the news and now look at my team Houston news

http://mlb2.pc-sports.net/html/mlb2/tnews22.html
by the bottom

One bagwell on the 6/18/2004

bagwell won the league players of the week

and 10/1/2004 what ls that the league dates are all screw!
if you go from the bottom it suppose to be april and it is then by more then the middle we are at the end of the season 2004 tht we are just starting ???? strange
Old 07-11-2003, 12:40 AM   #62
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by UKSubs
Not only did he win the World Series, he won it an unprecidented three times in a single season. But if you've been playing long enough, you realize that there are always going to be people who put their own personal glory above that of the league. Which obviously is something a good commissioner should never do, considering the power at their disposal.
I brought that up in a previous post. That's just ridiculous.

You know, it's unfortunate...when some people, especially new players to the online game, see these threads, they get shied away from this community. That's very disheartening, because leagues like this happen once in a blue moon.

And, unfortunately, they're the ones that get all of the attention, because everyone wants to do the right thing. It takes a lot away, at least PR-wise (community-wide), from those who do things on the level all the time, and pour their hearts into their leagues.

That mailing list for commishes is looking better and better all the time.

Old 07-11-2003, 12:54 AM   #63
cameronbelldina
Minors (Triple A)

As a member of this league this upsets me about this guy, he also tried hitting me up for my user ID...i cant wait till he gets on again so i can flame him. I thought something was fishy when his team won it all with a 120 wins and now my susupisions are confirmed. I am done with mlb2 and the BS shananigans. If there are any openings in any other leagues out there with NON-cheaters i would be happy to join. But as someone who frequents these 400 software studio boards i am surprosed i didnt notice this stuff earlier.

P.s. where can i find the carwash thread???????
and what is the basics of what he did?
Old 07-11-2003, 01:05 AM   #64
UKSubs
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally posted by John C
I brought that up in a previous post. That's just ridiculous.

You know, it's unfortunate...when some people, especially new players to the online game, see these threads, they get shied away from this community. That's very disheartening, because leagues like this happen once in a blue moon.

And, unfortunately, they're the ones that get all of the attention, because everyone wants to do the right thing. It takes a lot away, at least PR-wise (community-wide), from those who do things on the level all the time, and pour their hearts into their leagues.

That mailing list for commishes is looking better and better all the time.
It's true. I think the reason we are all interested in when someone is cheating is that it is an extraordinary event. It's human nature to see the thing that is different from everything else with more clarity and interest than the things that are generally the same.

I also think most commissioners generally pour their efforts into a league, because they enjoy having a league, rather than trying derive any notority from their league. Ideally, threads like this one will make us respect the people who do run leagues honestly just a little more.

RANZBA Adelaide Crows
Old 07-11-2003, 01:08 AM   #65
CubsSox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally posted by UKSubs
It's true. I think the reason we are all interested in when someone is cheating is that it is an extraordinary event. It's human nature to see the thing that is different from everything else with more clarity and interest than the things that are generally the same.

I also think most commissioners generally pour their efforts into a league, because they enjoy having a league, rather than trying derive any notority from their league. Ideally, threads like this one will make us respect the people who do run leagues honestly just a little more.
True, not many people care that much about winning a ONLINE SIM BASEBALL league that they would try and cheat other people so they could just say they won the world series in a computer game.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:23 AM   #66
Kool A
Minors (Rookie Ball)

hmm, I remember this AIM screen name (mfitterer022886) contacting me also when v5 came out for my ID.

It's a shame that some people take this stuff way to seriously. But the fact is you still have a lot of leagues out there that don't promote this kind of non-sense. I can't believe how much pub this thing is getting, hopefully the powers that be take care of Michael Fitterer and this bogus league.

Angel Perez

PS: Is Michael Fitterer the one and only Jblaze?
Old 07-11-2003, 01:37 AM   #67
murrayyyyy
Minors (Single A)

Another great thing about the Houston player Octavio Dotel. He is a pure stud in 2003. As a relief pitcher, he appeared in 103 games making 12 starts in his spare time. He also had an injury which caused him to miss the final month of the season(herniated Disc). So he missed 10 games while he was active? This guys is truely amazing.

I'm not even good enough to figure out how to cheat in a league but this guys is great. All my hard works has been for nothing in my leagues. Now if Miracle Grow could make my yard look like this team...I'd have no problems...
Old 07-11-2003, 01:47 AM   #68
Big Willis 16
Hall Of Famer

Hey, just wanted to put in my two cents.

I'm in the league, and I personally know "Mfitterer1" I used to work with him and he goes to my school. No one has every trusted this kid, and I've suspected him of cheating since day 1 that his sim started. The league just never listened to me. Than I get this offer for Pujols- Piniero, Nevin and Cordero for him. I was schocked when I checked out Piniero and Cordero's page, and than Nevin blew me away. Hes obviously been cheating since this started.

The night when he was simming playoffs it took him an hour and a half to get it done, when the whole time he was telling me he was "resigning contracts."

Basically... I should have won that world series, and he cheated!

Cheaters... psh.

Old 07-11-2003, 01:51 AM   #69
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
You won Game 7 twice, at least...that I'm sure about.

Who knows if you won the series even earlier?

Old 07-11-2003, 01:51 AM   #70
cameronbelldina
Minors (Triple A)

what a sad sad man...has to cheat in his own league...i cant wait till he signs on
Old 07-11-2003, 02:00 AM   #71
El Caballo
Minors (Double A)

I can't wait to hear his excuse.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:04 AM   #72
Big Willis 16
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by MTXperience
If what you say is true about the multiple World Series messages in the player history, than I'd certainly be very suspicious indeed.

Do you folks you AIM/ICQ/something to talk trade and such in that league.... if so... do you ever see the Cards and Mariners GM on at the same time? Talked to both at any great length? I for one can often pick up on everyone's unique IM "style" in about 5-10 mins of convo...

That being said.... commish's usually make damn fine GMs

Oh no no no.. don't confuse me with him... don't want to get a bad sim sports reputation. I run my own CHEAT FREE sim

http://realbeisbol.com/main.html

Old 07-11-2003, 02:53 AM   #73
NYM Jason Phillips 23
Minors (Single A)

boy guys that sure was a fun 45 minutes reading this and looking threw the links... does anyone have a link to that "car crash" thread that was menitoed in the thread that Scott gave us before?
Old 07-11-2003, 04:38 AM   #74
JasonP
Bat Boy

Guys,

I am the owner of the PC-Sports.NET domain name. I want it to be clear that I do not and will not support leagues/commishes that cheat and I do not wish to have my domain name associated with those that do. The domain is still under development and will hopefully one day be a thriving community of non-cheating PC Sports gaming enthusiasts such as myself.

I am the Commissioner of a Madden 2k3 GM league that is hosted on the PC-Sports.NET (http://xml.pc-sports.net) domain and there is also a Season Ticket Basketball league hosted there (http://hffbl.pc-sports.net).

The MLB2 will no longer be hosted there, so any links to different pages within the site that I have seen in these forums will no longer be accessible. I'm in the process of cleaning the site out entirely as we speak.

I believe it is crystal clear what the MLB2 and its Commissioner is, but please don't associate that with the PC-Sports.NET domain.

Also, the MLB2 Commissioner has been asking me for more free space on the PC-Sports.NET domain because he was starting a basketball league. Don't know the details of it, but I'm sure some of you guys here can spread the word elsewhere better than I can but rest assured it won't be hosted at PC-Sports.NET.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:52 AM   #75
JML
Hall Of Famer

What an odd coincidence that after these giant piles of incriminating evidence were uncovered, the links posted stopped working! I mean, doesn't that beat all!
Old 07-11-2003, 04:55 AM   #76
Big Willis 16
Hall Of Famer

Is he joking by posting that teams are available, in another post?

Old 07-11-2003, 04:59 AM   #77
JasonP
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by JML
What an odd coincidence that after these giant piles of incriminating evidence were uncovered, the links posted stopped working! I mean, doesn't that beat all!
I apologize that the site is no longer viewable but I don't want this guy or his league associated with my website. I think you would have done the same in my shoes.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:09 AM   #78
Big Willis 16
Hall Of Famer

I don't think hes seeing it as a bad thing. Personally I think it was a good decision.

Old 07-11-2003, 05:46 AM   #79
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I saw the thread for the 3 open spots in MLB2 and looked at it because I wasn't aware it was the same league because I didn't bother going to any of the links in this thread. Then I realized it was the same league and found it to be somewhat funny. He's caught red handed cheating and now he's trying to recruit new GM's to replace the ones that left because of his cheating. The dude must have no conscience at all.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:56 AM   #80
MTXperience
Major Leagues

Actually his request for owners came before the recent uncovering of cheating.
Closed Thread