Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 03:20 AM   #61
bacon21
Minors (Triple A)

Man, this guy has an excuse for everything. How can you have time to post every 5 minutes but no time to update a owner's page or email a brotha back?
Old 05-11-2003, 03:24 AM   #62
mlb2
Banned

I have school on the weekdays and then have REAL baseball after school, then homework, only time I have to get online is on weekends.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:25 AM   #63
JML
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by mlb2

I still see no problems here, someone explain further
-sigh-

The problem here is that he is not corroborating what you are saying, and you are just expecting everyone to believe that you are telling the truth and he's a big fat liar, despite the fact that there is suspicion of your intentions, and no suspicion of his.

What do you want exactly? Do you want someone to contact your webhost and tell them you're a really great guy who got a raw deal and they should give you back your webspace? Are you communicating with Merlin about this? Why do you continue to make this thing public? I realize Merlin was the one who initially exposed it, but since he is not posting here as the other view-point, I don't see why you are trying to defend yourself to a bunch of people who aren't even involved.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:28 AM   #64
mlb2
Banned

I dont know how to get in contact with merlin and would like someone to contact my web host. I have not been able to talk to merlin so thats why I am posting here.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:18 AM   #65
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
So, you're looking for some other person to explain ?

-John
-couldn't resist
-will get blasted by mlb2 for not adding anything
-there's nothing else here to add

Old 05-11-2003, 04:55 AM   #66
kq76
Global Moderator

In classic Nelson Muntz fashion.. "HaHa!"

BUSTED!

Why bother posting anymore kid (rhetorical question as in, I'm not really asking you to reply), it's not worth it. Create another identity, learn from your mistakes, and enjoy life.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:05 AM   #67
AccardoOutfit29
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by kq76
Create another identity, learn from your mistakes, and enjoy life.
I was just about to post that.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:50 AM   #68
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I dont know how to get in contact with merlin.....
In the early 1990s, a technological advance known as "email" was pioneers by that wise American inventor Al Gore. It is an amazing new way for people to contact one another.

Now, being slightly less facetious, merlin obviously emailed you about this matter. You obviously have online access since you've been able to post on this board. Therefore, you can just as easily email him. Please don't start in with some lame story about losing his email address - that really is awfully weak. You're going to have to give some kind of better explanation.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:23 AM   #69
asamford
Banned

Quote:
I have school on the weekdays and then have REAL baseball after school, then homework, only time I have to get online is on weekends.
what is real?
Old 05-11-2003, 08:10 AM   #70
Aussie Mark
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally posted by Eckstein 4 Prez
Now, being slightly less facetious, merlin obviously emailed you about this matter. You obviously have online access since you've been able to post on this board. Therefore, you can just as easily email him. Please don't start in with some lame story about losing his email address - that really is awfully weak. You're going to have to give some kind of better explanation.
His dad "reinstalled" the computer. Then his dog ate the email address.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:16 PM   #71
Old Man
Major Leagues

Quote:
I dont know how to get in contact with merlin and would like someone to contact my web host. I have not been able to talk to merlin so thats why I am posting here.

On page 4 of this thread you said you sent an email to merlin. Just use the same one, it should work.

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"
-Mickey Lolich
Old 05-11-2003, 12:56 PM   #72
The Professor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The 2nd proble. (this current one) was made possible by my webhost

"This thread made possible by people whose father's "reinstall" their computers, by the Car Crash Car Wash, by Webhosting Gone Bad, by the Society for Foolishly Giving Out Order IDs, Tusso, JBlaze, HornsManiac, Kevin, Rockze, the Atlanta Braves, and...posters like you."
Old 05-11-2003, 01:39 PM   #73
CommishJoe
Global Moderator

Quote:
you had no right to report me, you had no clue if it was true and if it wasnt, and if my account cant be fixed you will have part of the blame for giving incriminating info away to other persons, which is illegal, you better try and email the web host again and hope that this whole thing will be cleared up. If this doesnt get fixed you as well as the host will have legal implications following.
Go for it. I forwarded public information to your host, and sent Merlin their contact information so he could follow up if he wanted (Haven't heard anything since). If you truly think you can sue me over that, go right ahead. I'm enrolled in a program where I have pretty cheap access to lawyers. I'll have no problems filing a counter suit for court fees, lost wages, lawyer fees and for filing a frivilous lawsuit.

Bottom line, it's your host's decision whether or not to cancel your account. I highly doubt they have any legal liability either as I'm sure their usage policy covers this scenario. Bottom line, if they cancel your account because of this, what do you lose? You can easily go to another host who has never heard of this. Since you've lost nothing, you have nothing to sue over. Also, since all I did was forward them public information, I did nothing wrong either. I'm in even less of a liability position then your host is.

You made the mistake of asking for an Order ID in the first place. Now, you have to live with the consequences.

Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:07 PM   #74
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Professor

"This thread made possible by people whose father's "reinstall" their computers, by the Car Crash Car Wash, by Webhosting Gone Bad, by the Society for Foolishly Giving Out Order IDs, Tusso, JBlaze, HornsManiac, Kevin, Rockze, the Atlanta Braves, and...posters like you."
hilarious!
Old 05-11-2003, 03:30 PM   #75
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
you had no right to report me, you had no clue if it was true and if it wasnt, and if my account cant be fixed you will have part of the blame for giving incriminating info away to other persons, which is illegal, you better try and email the web host again and hope that this whole thing will be cleared up. If this doesnt get fixed you as well as the host will have legal implications following.
A few points:

(1) Truth is an absolute defense to slander.

(2) Giving incriminating info to others is illegal? That would be news to police informants all over the country.

(3) As has been pointed out, you have no damages. If the statements were untrue, and CommishJoe knew that, you might have an action for slander per se if the statement had to do with your trade or business, or if he had falsely said that you have a "loathsome disease." However, since this is not what happened, you'd do better to shelve this talk of legal action. It just makes you sound like you don't know what you're talking about.

(4) "Cant," according to dictionary.com, is "whining speech, such as that used by beggars." While this does seem somehow appropriate for this post, I'm not sure it's quite what you intended.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:46 PM   #76
mlb2
Banned

I would talk to the web host but they wont answer the email that I wrote them, and al I want commish joe to do is tell the host that this needs to be investigated and that their were mistakes made here and that if they can they need to be fixed.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:49 PM   #77
bigphesta
Banned

I vote : Guilty
Old 05-11-2003, 06:10 PM   #78
ramincol
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looking not good as far as being caught.
Would of been better to handle this in private or state your case then leave the thread alone.IMO

Better to move on to a new host and consider it a life experience gained.

Last edited by ramincol; 05-11-2003 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:36 PM   #79
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Not enough information for me to say guilty for sure, but the excuses are pretty weak. Certainly CommishJoe has nothing to apologize for.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:53 PM   #80
holyroller
Hall Of Famer

I don't know about guilty, but I definitely vote asshat.

TonyJ et. al.'s alias

“I confused it with the chicken’s neck,” Mocanu, who was admitted to the emergency hospital in Galati, was quoted as saying. “I cut it ... and the dog rushed and ate it.”
Closed Thread