Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-06-2017, 11:08 PM   #1
tylerjlc
Bat Boy

Lopsided shot totals/scores

Is anyone else experiencing unrealistic shot totals/scores.

I'm playing as 2017 Toronto and I'm getting blown out every game. I'm using the same line as in real life and have set the tactic similarly as well.

I'm wondering if this is b/c I'm a new coach/gm so my ratings aren't high. Either way, it seems a bit much that I'd lose every game with a fairly good team.

Otherwise, thanks to everyone who worked on the game, a lot of detail and it's coming across really well in its first iterations.
tylerjlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:48 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Your tactics rating starts high enough by default that it should keep you competitive, even at the NHL level. It may be a case of the team adjusting to the tactic. What are your average shots for/against looking like?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:01 AM   #3
tylerjlc
Bat Boy

Through the preseason, with the exception of the first and last game, the shot totals were around 45-15.

I think you're right about it being an adjustment issue. I'll play another couple of weeks and see if it's more competitive.

Thanks for the response.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #4
croatian
All Star Starter

I noticed same thing. Started historical challenge with Anaheim, and in two first games of the season I was outshot 25-98 and lost 2:9 and 1:8 against St.Louis and Dallas.
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:05 PM   #5
tylerjlc
Bat Boy

I've played a little further on, my team is almost fully familiar with the systems in place and I put on commish mode and boosted my tactical rating to 16.

Seems like everything is leveled out now. I'm more often outshooting teams but not by a huge margin--seems more realistic given the makeup of my team.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #6
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

I just started with the Vegas Knights and I play the game on very slow ( as painful as it can be ��) however my shot to goal ratios have been very good. My first preseason game against Philadelphia saw each team with just over 20 SOG and a 3-1 victory for the Knights. My second game against Columbus saw each team just over 30 SOG and a 4-1 victory for the Knights.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:22 PM   #7
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Started a historical challenge with Edmonton, Gretzky scored 107 goals with 111 assists. I didn't pay attention to the shot totals but I was seeing some really high scores, even for the 80's

Last edited by OutS|der; 10-11-2017 at 04:34 PM.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote