Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:31 PM   #1
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Amateur Draft

maybe this is already known, but...

a given: scouting is quite inaccurate for amatuer scouting, even with overspending and a 200-rated scout... i've found a very noticeable trend while trying to figure out better ways to see through the muck.

normal scouting accuracy with a bloated $$ scouting budget and a legendary scout - this is what i've found:

(the ones underrated due to a huge scouting error are a different beast, so i tried to reduce those - this is more about finding awesome minor leaguers and mlb depth, as well as increasing the # of potential candidates that a few TCR bumps can turn average into good).

the higher potential ones are usually decent pitchers, but a few are still complete duds - no way to avoid those, just like stumbling upon the underrated ones... after you get to 20/80 overall type player this method works very well (please note that if you use a smaller resolutions scale than 20-80, this may not work as well for you).

Sort by movement. when you sort by potential and it gets to all 20/80, it's merely alphabetical order... that's not doing anythign for you.

I was curious so after sorting by the various ratings and scrolling through the editor, i see a higher frequency of suitable movement and control for upto AAA / borderline MLB when sorting for movement as opposed to the other 2 major skills for a pitcher.

when i sort by stuff or control, almost all of them have ~1/200 movement near the top... or at least it's a very noticeable difference in frequency where you see a player that could progress to AAA.

So, when dredging at the bottom of the barrel, sort by movement for pitchers... for batter when they are all 20/80, use contact.

again, if your scale's resolution causes more players to be clumed at the lowest value in your scale, this likely won't work as well for you... but at some point it should kick in, if not right away.

i'm not saying you'll always get a decent MiL player, but when you sort by any 3 of the major pitching ratings, i can say with a fair amount of certainty that the first page of players will contain more viable candidates when you sort by movement. it clumps them together the most.. .gives you the most chace of picking one out of a list of names, lol.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote