Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 07:22 PM   #81
gpm22
All Star Reserve

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Too bad OOTP5 didn't come with a league tracker...
Old 03-06-2003, 07:24 PM   #82
jpenn44
Minors (Single A)

Ding Ding Ding....Old Man wins a prize. I was trying to find it in my old e-mails but couldn't....knew it was close.

And to make a point, I am not making this a "personal" attack. I just want people to be aware of the potential for disaster in this league.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:31 PM   #83
Old Man
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally posted by AnD1 BBaller
Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.

I have no affiliation with "JBLaze"

This league is gonna rock guys, don't let what people tell you affect your judgements.

One statement says it all:

Pot: Kettle, you're black.

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"
-Mickey Lolich
Old 03-06-2003, 07:32 PM   #84
gpm22
All Star Reserve

Here's more proof

Here's another...
-This one really urks me because this is before I joined. Notice he says his league shut down and is starting up fresh. Do I here an echo?
Old 03-06-2003, 07:44 PM   #85
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

This being the first few lines from jblaze's league constitution (from gpm22's link) is pretty darn funny in retrospect:

Quote:
The Commissioner assumes the duties of scheduling games, simming the games, and controlling the league basically. He assign's owners to teams, and will kick any owner out if any suspician has floated about.
That's what I like about jblaze, he does not let any suspicion float about!
Old 03-06-2003, 07:49 PM   #86
gpm22
All Star Reserve

Steve,
Can you do an IP check. This kid has multiple names as well as multiple AIM screennames and email addresses posted all over the boards. Its a shame that he could actually be getting eLicenses from unsuspecting consumers.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:20 PM   #87
JML
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by gpm22

Here's another...
-This one really urks me because this is before I joined. Notice he says his league shut down and is starting up fresh. Do I here an echo?
I don't get it... he said he had the REAL WSBL and someone ( ) should change their league name. Was there a deleted post or something?
Old 03-06-2003, 08:52 PM   #88
gpm22
All Star Reserve

They changed their league name, but that wasn't the point i was trying to make. The email address he used was pjp2003...identical to "And1 BBaller"...this is not just a coincidence.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:58 PM   #89
JML
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by gpm22
They changed their league name, but that wasn't the point i was trying to make. The email address he used was pjp2003...identical to "And1 BBaller"...this is not just a coincidence.
Yeah, I already knew about the email thing, that's why I mentioned the league name thing. Rereading my post, I see why you thought I was looking at the wrong info.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:12 PM   #90
tomfooleyr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I would like to invite Jblaze into the conversation to see what he has to say about this...

The floor is yours Jblaze............
Old 03-06-2003, 10:38 PM   #91
AnD1 BBaller
Minors (Double A)

Arizona
Florida
Tampa Bay
Montreal

those are the available teams.

There may be a curse with owners of the Braves, but lately there has been a curse during the 90's for the Braves....GO HOTTLANTA in 2003!
Old 03-07-2003, 12:44 AM   #92
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

From the "No publicity is bad publicity" department:
I guess people are not deterred from joining a league getting this much word of mouth, positive or negative!
Old 03-07-2003, 03:54 AM   #93
MannyTrillo
All Star Reserve

Whoa, this is getting complicated! Somebody better call Encyclopedia Brown, I'm sure he can get to the bottom of it.

Poster emeritus

"Not butchery, dining!!"

obt sk cmh ct

President, A-1 Aces OT Posting Club
Click here to join
Old 03-07-2003, 04:07 AM   #94
Dwolfson20
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by OCBLcommish
And if you're new to this whole thing, why would you take a comparison to jblaze as a slap in the face? You shouldn't know him from anyone else if you're new. I would think anyways.
Game. Set. Match.

Responding to the person who asked about the IP logs: yes, the moderators can see them, but no, they probably won't "officially" tell us anything about what they find.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:41 AM   #95
Cuss16
Hall Of Famer

What if he really isn't Jblaze. Just a thought....
Old 03-07-2003, 07:09 AM   #96
gpm22
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by Cuss16
What if he really isn't Jblaze. Just a thought....
Looking for defeat??
Old 03-07-2003, 08:11 AM   #97
Hammer755
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by MannyTrillo
Whoa, this is getting complicated! Somebody better call Encyclopedia Brown, I'm sure he can get to the bottom of it.
Did somebody call?

Old 03-07-2003, 10:28 AM   #98
Old Man
Major Leagues

AnD1 BBaller
Minors (Double A)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SanDiegoPadres19
Heyy r thee Padres available?

If they r takin i would luv thee Giants, Dodgers, D'Backs, Rangers, Mets or White Sox! THanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Matt Matt Matt Matt

There may be a curse with owners of the Braves, but lately there has been a curse during the 90's for the Braves....GO HOTTLANTA in 2003!

Do you want to go by Matt now?

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"
-Mickey Lolich
Old 03-07-2003, 10:48 AM   #99
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dwolfson20
Responding to the person who asked about the IP logs: yes, the moderators can see them, but no, they probably won't "officially" tell us anything about what they find.
Yes I can see the IP Logs, I can even see a handy list of every IP and server you've ever used on the board (a good way to cross reference aliases ).

You are also correct that our policy is to avoid being the board policy and to publicly "out" aliases barring extenuating circumstances. There are lots of people in this forum that have more than one alias, it wouldn't be fair to reveal one, without revealing the others and quite frankly I don't have the time to double check and cross reference everyone of our 4750 or so members to come up with a partially complete list of aliases (or suspected aliases). If there is something that warrants "outing" an alias publicly it will be done, but only under extenuating circumstances.

In this case the thread's starter is not technically doing anything wrong... he's trying to start a league. But the other contributors are not doing anything wrong in pointing out inconsistences in his story, and/or similarities to other members that may have a bit of a checkered past. That said, should this thread go too far off topic it will be moved or closed (like other threads in this forum).

For all prospective owners you need to be VERY cautious when turning over your Order IDs, if you have reason not to trust the commish then you should hold onto your ID until he builds that trust. In fact if you can not trust the commish, then you really should not join the league. Commishes who've caused problems in the past may not even get approved to join the OOTP server.

For all prospective commishes. If you really have no online league experience then I would STRONGLY advise you to actually participate in a league as an owner before trying to commish your first league. You are much more likely to be successful after you have some experience and an understanding of how online leagues function, and what does and does not work in keeping a league together.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:52 AM   #100
Old Man
Major Leagues

Very well written and thought out Scott.

-Mickey Lolich
Closed Thread