Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
Cary
Minors (Single A)

Real-life rookies?

I started a league with the real-life 2011 season. Released all the players and drafted my own team. When the rookie draft rolled around there were only fictional players in the draft, which surprised me. Not a huge deal, but I'd like to see Bryce Harper, et al, come up. I've already done the rookie draft, so it's probably too late to change anything, but wondering how I can avoid this in the future.

(BTW, my final player in the rookie draft was the 1498th pick. He's got 1/2 star potential and is asking for a bonus of $2.2 million -- probably why he's #1498. I offered him $1 and he's holding out.)
Cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary View Post
I started a league with the real-life 2011 season. Released all the players and drafted my own team. When the rookie draft rolled around there were only fictional players in the draft, which surprised me. Not a huge deal, but I'd like to see Bryce Harper, et al, come up. I've already done the rookie draft, so it's probably too late to change anything, but wondering how I can avoid this in the future.

(BTW, my final player in the rookie draft was the 1498th pick. He's got 1/2 star potential and is asking for a bonus of $2.2 million -- probably why he's #1498. I offered him $1 and he's holding out.)
I think the answer to this could be very simple: By starting your historical league in 2011, you began it with the last set of real players that comes with this current version of OOTPB 13. So, the next rookie draft had to be stocked with fictional players because no additional real ones were available.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
Cary
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I think the answer to this could be very simple: By starting your historical league in 2011, you began it with the last set of real players that comes with this current version of OOTPB 13. So, the next rookie draft had to be stocked with fictional players because no additional real ones were available.
Are you sure about that? Last summer (2012) I started a similar game with iOOTP 11 and had guys like Harper, Jameson Taillon, Andrelton Simmons, etc., available to me.
Cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary View Post
Are you sure about that? Last summer (2012) I started a similar game with iOOTP 11 and had guys like Harper, Jameson Taillon, Andrelton Simmons, etc., available to me.
Frankly, no. I have played historically but never starting out with the last year available in the game. Let's see if somebody else knows more about it.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

For OOTP 13 If you start with the 2012 QS you will have Harper, if you start at 2011 you will not and he will not be a part of the game come 2012. There is a way around this.
With your current league save it and back it up, just in case.
Go to main menu and start the 2012 QS. Delete all players with pro experience. Be in Commish mode - Roster Overview - All Players in Organization. Sort by Games or AB or IP. Use the bubbles to select the players right click delete.
Now if you did not create any minor league teams in your 2011 league then the next part is easy, if you did i'll let you figure out a solution.
In the 2012 QS delete all ML teams. Save and save as a template.
Go into your 2011 league and go to league options - league setup Add League- Template. Affiliate all minor league teams. You may have to up the AAA roster amount just so your Reserve roster players go to AAA vs Rookie.
You now have all the players from 2012.
This was originally Bigrod's idea not mine. I am still in the process of simming my custom league to 2012 to try his way since my way failed.

Last edited by The Game; 03-11-2013 at 01:34 AM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote