Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #5441
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
What would the level between Diamond and Perfect be called? Perfect Diamond? ImPerfect?

Whatever it is, I think Harlem and Clyde could live there. As it is, they seem to be stuck on the Diamond-Perfect Yo-yo. This week, it's Clyde's turn to stink up the Perfect Division. (And the way it's going, Harlem is going to stick around in Diamond to greet them.)
I think each team needs a specific plan for how they're going to be competitive from a team PP cost standpoint. Because the top end only gets better with each season, and if you're just relying on passive PP gain you're never going to be competitive for PL championships (unless you have unreal pack luck).

Imo, your Walter is nice and all but you would probably be better off spreading the PP around at this stage.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:22 PM   #5442
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
I think each team needs a specific plan for how they're going to be competitive from a team PP cost standpoint. Because the top end only gets better with each season, and if you're just relying on passive PP gain you're never going to be competitive for PL championships (unless you have unreal pack luck).

Imo, your Walter is nice and all but you would probably be better off spreading the PP around at this stage.
I'm starting to think that way with my Steelport Saints. As great as it is to have perfect Cy on the team, I may be able to build an entire perfect-caliber pitching staff for the points he'd get me, as well as upgrade some spots on offense while still having around 50-100k to spare for my usual pack gamble.

At the same time, I'm doing all I can to resist selling him because I know I'll never pack another one.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #5443
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I'm starting to think that way with my Steelport Saints. As great as it is to have perfect Cy on the team, I may be able to build an entire perfect-caliber pitching staff for the points he'd get me, as well as upgrade some spots on offense while still having around 50-100k to spare for my usual pack gamble.

At the same time, I'm doing all I can to resist selling him because I know I'll never pack another one.
The thing is, PP costs for top players have huge diminishing returns at the top level. You can get 4 SPs for 100k each that will perform very similarly to Walt or Cy, because whales really care about that tiny, incremental increase in performance and are willing to pay for it. It's a no brainer, in my opinion.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:36 PM   #5444
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

How much does perfect Cy go for?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #5445
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
How much does perfect Cy go for?
Past 7 day is 519,999
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:42 PM   #5446
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
Past 7 day is 519,999
Good lord. Yeah. Sell that and buy yourself a team. I would love to be in that position.

Old 10-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #5447
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
The thing is, PP costs for top players have huge diminishing returns at the top level. You can get 4 SPs for 100k each that will perform very similarly to Walt or Cy, because whales really care about that tiny, incremental increase in performance and are willing to pay for it. It's a no brainer, in my opinion.
Yes, it's been the same internal struggle since the day I opened his pack. The smart play right from the beginning is to sell and build the team. Right now, that would go a long way to helping my anemic offense. If this were a real business, it would be a no-brainer.

So far my illogical attachment to imaginary-players-based-on-real-people is winning out.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:54 PM   #5448
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes, it's been the same internal struggle since the day I opened his pack. The smart play right from the beginning is to sell and build the team. Right now, that would go a long way to helping my anemic offense. If this were a real business, it would be a no-brainer.

So far my illogical attachment to imaginary-players-based-on-real-people is winning out.
I would keep Walter if I was you. He's certainly earned you a lot of PP. Plus it's "fun", which is the main goal of the game I think. There's ways to build up a strong team without selling your horse.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:29 PM   #5449
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
As for Steelport...this is a lost campaign, but the eyes are on next week as I sold a horribly underperforming Koufax for 80k, and while resulting packs brought me 89 Wade Boggs, I have 40k left over and I have a deal in place to buy a replacement.
I'm having fun in the division with Steelport. I'm not sure if each team is good, bad, or neutral since we beat each other up.

All 5 teams could win the division plus the wild card slots.

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #5450
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezwraths View Post
I'm having fun in the division with Steelport. I'm not sure if each team is good, bad, or neutral since we beat each other up.

We only have Cy and an offense that I broke by turning down my home park factors. We ain't getting back in the race this week. If I move Cy and build back up, then next week will be fun as hell

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:36 PM   #5451
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What would the level between Diamond and Perfect be called? Perfect Diamond? ImPerfect?

Whatever it is, I think Harlem and Clyde could live there. As it is, they seem to be stuck on the Diamond-Perfect Yo-yo. This week, it's Clyde's turn to stink up the Perfect Division. (And the way it's going, Harlem is going to stick around in Diamond to greet them.)

*ahem*

could you move aside? You're in my spot (the basement)....

that's better
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:05 PM   #5452
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
*ahem*

could you move aside? You're in my spot (the basement)....

that's better
Palolo is going to bid Aloha to the Perfect League. Haha.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:17 PM   #5453
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezwraths View Post

It is a fun division. Missouri Legends were leading it for awhile but we've since fallen off the pace to be 6.5 back in 4th place.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:05 AM   #5454
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I did the same thing when I pulled Cy Young 16 seasons back. I thought briefly about selling him, and was almost tempted by the vast array of improvements his sale could have brought. He's had 15 straight pitcher of the year awards, a perfect game, and a no-hitter (which was in OL play) and earned almost 75,000 PP. Hey, in 80 more seasons he'll be at the break even point.

But then I thought, he's Cy Freakin' Young, more to me than just ratings. I've been hoping, with Steelport's addition of the same card, that they'd end up in the same league one year, but, alas, it seems that Magus Steinbrenner is gonna cut him loose.

In short, I'm on board with the obviously flawed view of seeing my players through a nostalgic lens. I guess that's why my teams have such a consistent record of "success."
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:11 AM   #5455
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Pandas Maintain Lead as Race Tightens in OL D372

Pablo struggled through an 8-10 month, but still held onto to the top spot, with the list of contenders widening a bit. Could be a frenetic chase for the crown. Shasta at 14-8, Janesville, 13-5, and Cooper, 12-8, had the best sims.

It seems we have pretty good shot at an all OL playoff tree. Uh, not now, I guess.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 10-12-2019 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:24 AM   #5456
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Sluggers Still Lead in Close OL G360 Chase

Southside continued to hold a tenuous lead in the five-team chase for the crown in a sim with little movement, save Redmond slipping past idle Terra Incognita.

In overall PT play, three OL teams are currently headed for relegation, with Seattle deeply buried in the basement and nearly certainly headed to silver. OL might get five playoff spots, but three or four seems most likely.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-12-2019, 07:45 AM   #5457
Edster007
All Star Starter

Silver update

Only three games left on the OL slate today when O'Fallon travels to Reno. The other 3 teams have completed their OL schedules for 2047.

In PT play not much has changed from yesterday-Jefferson Valley and Nico-Nico look like division winners. While the other three teams all have shot at a WC with Reno currently the only team holding one now.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:17 AM   #5458
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Southern maintains their lead heading into the final month of the regular season.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-12-2019, 09:25 AM   #5459
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

One of the longer 0-0 games my bunch has been involved in..... hate to waste a good pitching performance and lose but that's how it goes sometimes... (the next day Waffletown and Fargo met up again, and the Syrups prevailed 1-0 in 9 innings)
Attached Images
Old 10-12-2019, 10:41 AM   #5460
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Cy Young's OL No-hitter

I checked, and Cy Young's second no-hitter came in April of this season. I had thought it was late last week. Getting old, I guess. I checked the game log, and the lone walk came with two outs in the bottom of the 9th. I'm surprised the AI didn't pull him.
Attached Images
Image Image Image