Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:42 PM   #21
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Can you do historic draft leagues?
I used all the draft files created by nilodor.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:15 PM   #22
bagman67
Minors (Single A)

Stratomatic is the only one I play and has every nfl season from 1957 to current including USFL. Think it’s actually missing 3-4 seasons that haven’t been produced yet. Eventually they will have them all
Old 02-24-2018, 03:58 PM   #23
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

Biggest things OOTP can and should bring to FOF:
1. Interface
2. Customization
3. Historic gameplay

All of these are very broad areas to improve and include a lot of changes, but combined with FOFs game engine could make the game the premier football sim that OOTP is for baseball in the coming years
Old 02-24-2018, 04:24 PM   #24
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagman67 View Post
Stratomatic is the only one I play and has every nfl season from 1957 to current including USFL. Think it’s actually missing 3-4 seasons that haven’t been produced yet. Eventually they will have them all
Would try it if it had a career mode.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:20 PM   #25
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexb View Post
i’ve playing fof since 2004, but tbh didn’t really like the latest fof8.

The stats base is still good, but there are a couple of game ruining elements for me, revolving around depth charts, substitutions and defensive player roles:

You can set who will be the starting players for pretty much every package on offense and players, but there is literally no way to set back ups or injury replacements.
So its sometimes the case that an ot ends up getting subbed in at te and haring down the sidelines for a long gain.
Being able to set primary back ups is a must for me, on offense and defence - the current system also makes it very difficult to get rookies experience unless they are clear starters.

Similarly on defence, while there is a penalty on under or oversized players, there is no experience penalty for changing positions.
So for example, to avoid cuts the ai oftens seems to change lb or de players to dts in order to meet minimum roster requirements, which leads to a number of 260lb dts floating around. Or a number of dts are generated way too light t9 be effective.
This needs to stop, either by removing roster restrictions, thus preventing the need to change player positions, stopping these silly conversions/creations happening, or the game converting these types of fa players to a more suitable position to allow other ai teams to pick them up

if we can put depth charts back in, control subs better, and stop defensive anomalies, that would go a long way to fixing fof8 in its current form.
(although an offensive playbook generator based on preference selections similar to the preference draft at the start of the game would be great too!)

rather than tweaks like the above however, what the game really needs to add is the ability to bring the game universe around your team to life.

Creating a home screen/in-game website that summares the weeks results, game reports, details of stat leaders, records broken, players of the week, playoff scenarios, rivalries, etc in a visually appealing format would be huge and reaaly draw you into the game world

instead the player currently has to pull that information out of the game - most of what i mentioned is there, it just takes an effort to find it and is presented as cold hard stats, not in a way that makes you feel part of a living, breathing world.

Hopefully this is what the liaison with ootp will add, for me anyway. Fingers crossed for all involved.
indeed
Old 02-26-2018, 11:26 PM   #26
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh24 View Post
I used all the draft files created by nilodor.
Lol, I have to ask,still have the results from that league?
Old 02-27-2018, 08:13 PM   #27
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

I am loving FOF8 so far but would love to see the defensive side of things revamped at the same level that the offensive gameplanning was! Bring it on Jim! Let's get this blitz packages, mixed coverages and defensive line stunts ready!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2018, 09:54 AM   #28
ThePelvicWoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
I am loving FOF8 so far but would love to see the defensive side of things revamped at the same level that the offensive gameplanning was! Bring it on Jim! Let's get this blitz packages, mixed coverages and defensive line stunts ready!

The defensive gameplanning is my only gripe of the game. I hate that I can't control who is blitzing. I've got my 3-4 outside linebacker with elite pass rush bars and instead it sends my cornerback on a blitz. WHY???
Old 02-28-2018, 09:59 AM   #29
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePelvicWoo View Post
The defensive gameplanning is my only gripe of the game. I hate that I can't control who is blitzing. I've got my 3-4 outside linebacker with elite pass rush bars and instead it sends my cornerback on a blitz. WHY???
Yeah that's my main issue of this version... But if we could control the defense as we control the offense now... Oh my God!

Old 02-28-2018, 06:03 PM   #30
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

I'm not a computer techy guy so I don't know all of this jargon about "gui" (is that a bowel condition?) or "interface" (does that mean it goes in my face?), but I did try FOF7 for about five minutes and found it was both ugly and the exact opposite of intuitive. I gave up because everything seemed like just too much work to customize.

I may be restating what others have said, but if those things were fixed and facegen pictures are added (it's such a small thing but makes a huge difference), then I will be happy
Old 02-28-2018, 07:24 PM   #31
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
Lol, I have to ask,still have the results from that league?
Yeah go to page 1 on this post and follow my link to where i posted player stats. I still have the league active just haven't gotten back in to it since version 8 came out. If you have any people you want to know how they did, i'll fire it up and check for you.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:03 AM   #32
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
I'm not a computer techy guy so I don't know all of this jargon about "gui" (is that a bowel condition?) or "interface" (does that mean it goes in my face?), but I did try FOF7 for about five minutes and found it was both ugly and the exact opposite of intuitive. I gave up because everything seemed like just too much work to customize.

I may be restating what others have said, but if those things were fixed and facegen pictures are added (it's such a small thing but makes a huge difference), then I will be happy
Yup...FOF is cumbersome to play but has a lot of depth. it should be a hit after it gets the OOTP treatment.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:31 AM   #33
sflcat61
Minors (Double A)

Well...all I can say is I hope there is more flexibility in league set-up (expansion, league alignment, etc.), schedules and historical play than there was when Jim Gindin was flying solo.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:07 PM   #34
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh24 View Post
Yeah go to page 1 on this post and follow my link to where i posted player stats. I still have the league active just haven't gotten back in to it since version 8 came out. If you have any people you want to know how they did, i'll fire it up and check for you.
I did check that out, which is why I had to ask the question (since the thread there had been there for awhile!). Not a big deal, but was curious how Kenny Easley came out. One of my all-time favorites, and have always felt his was a career cut sadly short. It was very nice to see him become a Hall of Famer.

Don't fire it up special for me, but I did have to ask!

-Cheers and thanks!
Old 03-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #35
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Adding facegen will be great and give the game new life for me as well as the OOTP UI will be fantastic!!!

Hoping for things like news stories, maybe a 2d engine to watch the games play out, much more information on player cards, etc...
Yes on the news stories! That has added a level of immersion in OOTP that FOF has lacked.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:23 PM   #36
Kobeck
Major Leagues

I played multi-player FOF for years and years ( Mules in the Imperial Football League - just checked league still active ) until real life time became an issue for me.

I started out treating the game like it was NFL, but I could not win that way. Had to do odd things like make sure everyones Zodiac's aligned for team chemistry as a for instance ( I have no idea if this is still in the game as my last version was a couple of years ago )

the game produces NFL like games without a doubt. Really fun multi-player but I found I had to play 'the game' to have any chance of success. Making moves that were NFL GM-like was far less than optimal. And dont get me started on the coach's draft - LOL

IF league structure customization was part of FOF I would never have abandoned it. Only critical flaw IMO

Last edited by Kobeck; 03-12-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:38 AM   #37
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagman67 View Post
Second and Ten has seasons back to 1932 and Action football have seasons back to 1920.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:34 PM   #38
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
is FOF contracted with NFLPA so they can use real players and real teams?
This is a great question but I can guess with a reasonable amount of assurance that the answer is "no." But . . . once this thing takes off, I would not be surprised for it to start being noticed by the NFL in the way that MLB has adopted OOTPB. And that, my friends, is the way to build a really big game franchise.

- Bru

Old 03-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #39
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I don't think sim games need to be licensed with the league to have the real players in the game. Look at Wolverine Studios pro basketball games. Those come pre-loaded with real players but the teams are fictional. I imagine that's how this will start, making it easy to mod, and in time an NFL license could come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-25-2018, 05:24 PM   #40
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

FOF has used the names of real players for several versions of the game now.