Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:40 PM   #1
cbbl
All Star Starter

Question about "Act As"

I play fictional leagues and have historically hired myself as an organization's GM. This time I opted to not be hired, but allow myself, via commissioner mode, to "Act As" the team I want.

As "Act As" ... I have ALL team control settings set to me, except set lineups/rotations at the major and minor league levels.

However, the AI keeps calling players up from my AAA team (and demoting major leaguers). Again, Active Roster Moves is set to ME.

I assume this to be a bug, but can anyone confirm?
Old 01-03-2017, 10:07 PM   #2
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

There's a separate league setting to prevent all AI Roster changes.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:13 AM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I an pretty sure "Act As" will not give you what you want. I think the AI is still in charge and you have veto power on a day by day basis.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:31 AM   #4
tgreitsma
Minors (Double A)

There a couple different ways to prevent the AI from making changes. I control all the teams in my league and I do both.

1) Under your league tab at the top of the interface, click on "League Settings." In the middle column, scroll down to find "Set all teams to NOT allow AI roster changes." Give it a click.

2) Under your home tab at the top, click on "Team Control Settings" and set what you want to do and what you want your staff to do in the column on the left. If you're in Commissioner Mode, it should change the same settings for all the teams. To make sure, while on the same page, 'act as' another team to make sure the same settings are in place.
tgreitsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:52 AM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Please see this - Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals

In particular, para 3.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:26 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Team Home -> Team Settings, with comissioner mode on
becareful of that "prevent ai from making roster changes" setting... it is absolute in nature... even if you try to delegate. I am not sure if this is the same as the League function described in this thread... if the checkbox gets clicked after using the league function it's the same.. if not it is diferent in nature.

if you want more of a hybrid situation, you can't use this one (from team settings).

make human managers, if necessary. then, you can set all the delegation options per team to your heart's content. make them unfireable, as a suggestion...

Last edited by NoOne; 01-04-2017 at 04:28 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:01 PM   #7
cbbl
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
Team Home -> Team Settings, with comissioner mode on
becareful of that "prevent ai from making roster changes" setting... it is absolute in nature... even if you try to delegate. I am not sure if this is the same as the League function described in this thread... if the checkbox gets clicked after using the league function it's the same.. if not it is diferent in nature.
I think this may be the solution ... because I can check it for a single team (which is my goal -- I don't want to run all teams at once). What do you mean by "absolute"? The AI will still make minor league changes (the affiliated minor league teams will have their "Prevent" disabled), and I can periodically ask the AI to set up lineups etc., although I would *assume* that roster changes really just means promotions/demotions to the major league team, DL moves, etc. Does anyone know more specifically? I think I'll experiment and learn...

Thanks all...
Old 01-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbl View Post
I think this may be the solution ... because I can check it for a single team (which is my goal -- I don't want to run all teams at once). What do you mean by "absolute"? The AI will still make minor league changes (the affiliated minor league teams will have their "Prevent" disabled), and I can periodically ask the AI to set up lineups etc., although I would *assume* that roster changes really just means promotions/demotions to the major league team, DL moves, etc. Does anyone know more specifically? I think I'll experiment and learn...

Thanks all...
this is about hte Team Settings "prevent aI..."

let's say you have delegation to handle injuries or whatever... you leaveg that checked and sim out... it will do absolutely nothing for you... if you only have 1 player in your rotation for any reason (or <fill in the balnk> like no 3basement on your team), it will send him out there 80GS in a season (guesstimating, it's not every day due to being completely fatigeud, but once it hits a minimum % he goes out and starts again).

i accidentally simmed out 5-10 years and came back to see how things were progressing and my team was down to 16 players or something... i must have had ghost players on or whatever or it would have stopped the simulation, of course. but initially i would have had enough players even though some were not available... still a big deal even if it does stop it when it hits an impasse.

it will do absolutely nothing for you no matter what other setting you have enabled.

so, by using legacy mode and a combination of other settings, you can have more control over what's delegated and what you will do yourself.

legacy mode - this will allow you to control lineups when a manager will not normally allow this... without having to control ALL aspects of your team.

Use the Delegation check boxes in your General Manager's office (thereabouts). you can pick and choose what you want to delegate and be confident it will be done.. the "prevent AI.. blah blah" f%#$s all that up. if you control every single aspect no matter how small, then it's fine to use.

Last edited by NoOne; 01-06-2017 at 04:03 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote