Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 07-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #21
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by luger View Post
From a previous feeder thread, I was recommended to make sure my age creation min/max were the same. So, for HS, I have 14 min and 14 max (14-17 for the league min/max) for example.
You can, but it isn't unrealistic have players join HS teams later. Especially in my mind, that this is more All Star level high school players.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #22
Matty86
Major Leagues

Does it matter what order you create the feeders in? In order for them to flow hs-college-professional do you need to create the HS league first or the College league?

So Like someone said I have the 30 teams, 6 levels of minors. Should I just use 75 hs teams and 75 college teams? Maybe 3 25 team leagues of each?
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #23
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

No. Order doesn't matter, and the break down is to your taste. If you want more younger players, have more HS. Want more older players? Have more colleges. I am currently running 100 HS teams, and 60 colleges. How you like it is up to you.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #24
Matty86
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
No. Order doesn't matter, and the break down is to your taste. If you want more younger players, have more HS. Want more older players? Have more colleges. I am currently running 100 HS teams, and 60 colleges. How you like it is up to you.
Ah okay thanks, I didn't know if it would have some effect due to some players making/not making the transition into a college league from hs.

I did just take a look at the game file for schools though and noticed they have.... maybe every one in the country... they have the 2 no name D3 colleges I was looking for and all of my local highschools! Just need to make sure I get them in there now haha
Old 07-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #25
Matty86
Major Leagues

I noticed that the college feeder I created was defaulted with 2009 league totals... should anything be changed on that screen? I've never messed with any of those types of settings for any leagues...

Also trades/free agency are off in feeders right? I hope..
Old 07-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #26
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

I would set it at the default for your current year, and auto-recalc right before the season. Trades and free agency is automatically off (but you will notice that when players are released and created, it uses the term "free agent." Don't let it bug you out).
Old 07-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #27
reo
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you OP for the guide.
Gil Renard: Don't get greedy, son. Don't get greedy. What we need now is a sacrifice. A winning team has to know how to manufacture runs. Coop taught me that. He used to say the most beautiful play in the game is a sacrifice fly, and you know why?
Richie Renard: 'Cause you give yourself up for the team?
Gil Renard: And it doesn't even count against your average. That's why baseball's better than life - it's fair.
reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #28
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

This is really excellent. The OP was copied verbatim into my personal OOTP Resources Library. Thanks.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #29
hfield007
All Star Starter

I have a sixteen tam league with two minor leagues and use a six round draft. I have some questions.

After twenty years of playing would implementing feeders screw anything up?

By the method here I ned sixteen feeder teams. If I want college and high school do I do a sixteen team coll ege and a sixteen team high school
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #30
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

16 teams total. You could go 8 and 8, or 10 and 6, or however you like. It shouldn't screw anything up, but do backup and be careful. Also, keep an eye on your draft rounds and the number of players in the pool. The game will take it upon itself to change the number of rounds in the draft on you, and your pools early on might be light (first season or two). You can allow the game to create a mix of feeder and created players to start if it worries you. But usually your league can absorb two years of light drafts without problems.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #31
luger
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not sure if this is something wrong with my feeder league setup or what... But, if I look at the BA Top Prospects list, all of the prospects seem to be 21-25 years old and that seems too high to me. In looking at a real life Top Prospect list, I see 7 guys under 20 in the Top 25.

In a 28 team league with AAA, AA, A and Rookie ball, I have 70 HS teams... 32 College teams... and 14 Junior College teams so I'd expect there to be a higher influx of under-20 talent on the Top Prospect list. I believe my settings are to have HS set to 14-17 age range (14/14 min and max for creation), College set to 18-21 (18/18 creation) and JuCo at 18-19 (18/18 creation).

Granted, I know the Top Prospect list isn't the most accurate listing in the world but, after 30 years of simming, I was surprised to see that there weren't any (or very few) players under 20 years old that were top prospects.
luger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #32
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
So since the college ranks will lose more players to draft every year than the HS teams the college teams will create new players without HS careers to fill up if the HS teams can´t do the filling up.

I was looking at a 100+ College league, and perhaps some 40-60 HS teams (perhaps representing the best baseball States)

Is it then safe to just keep in mind the total team number and not consider the HS teams feeding the College teams. The College will get new players based on that create min-max 18-21 factor.
Am I correct ??
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #33
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

Yes. Actually even with lots of highschools, the vast majority of your college players will be new creations. Only a small percentage of your high school players will end up in college.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #34
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Does it matter when I create the feeder league? Do I need to do it pre-season, in-season? Will it take effect right away?
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #35
Marinersfan51
All Star Reserve

Do college players come out as underclassmen with feeders?
Marinersfan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:10 PM   #36
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinersfan51 View Post
Do college players come out as underclassmen with feeders?
No. Players stay in the feeder league until they hit their age limit. Maybe you could manually remove the top underclassmen from the rosters?
udbacker58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #37
spartanfan
Bat Boy

How do you fill a feeder league that was just created? I created several feeder leagues, but they were empty of players. I then went into league setup and pressed the link that filled the teams. However, all the players are 18 (even though I followed the age instructions in the OP) with overall and potential of half a star.
spartanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #38
Aaron
Minors (Single A)

I have a league with 16 teams and 6 levels of minor leagues. By those accounts I should have 30 rounds and 80 feeder league teams. However, I've been seeing draft pools with 900-1000+, more than double what I would want.

The feeder leagues have been set up into high school (32 teams), 2 yr college (16) and 4 yr college (32). I have also set draft feeding mode to only feeder league players. Is there something I am leaving out of this equation or doing wrong?

Last edited by Aaron; 07-26-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:38 AM   #39
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I have a league with 16 teams and 6 levels of minor leagues. By those accounts I should have 30 rounds and 80 feeder league teams. However, I've been seeing draft pools with 900-1000+, more than double what I would want.

The feeder leagues have been set up into high school (32 teams), 2 yr college (16) and 4 yr college (32). I have also set draft feeding mode to only feeder league players. Is there something I am leaving out of this equation or doing wrong?
Make sure your league setup is using only feeder leagues and not feeder and additional players. I use the latter and find, IMO, that the 'additional' players add up to about the same number as the feeders, so that may be your situation. The setup slot is pictured below, FWIW.
Attached Images
Old 07-26-2011, 01:14 AM   #40
Aaron
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Make sure your league setup is using only feeder leagues and not feeder and additional players. I use the latter and find, IMO, that the 'additional' players add up to about the same number as the feeders, so that may be your situation. The setup slot is pictured below, FWIW.
Thanks for the reply. However, I have set the league to only use feeder leagues.

I've even went and checked before each season to make sure feeder & additional players hasn't been activated. (I swear this happened to me once in 11)

I'm really stumped
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote