Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2019, 12:07 PM   #21
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer
 
Germaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frankenthal, Germany
Posts: 2,316
Thanks: 5,188
Thanked 1,436x in 820 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If you're GM of your team but set all the in-game controls to the AI, you can still watch the game.
Works perfectly, thanks!
__________________
I'm going to have to meet my Maker some day.
And if He asks me why I didn't let this boy play,
and I say it's because he's black,
that might not be a satisfactory answer.


Happy Chandler, 1947



Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:20 PM   #22
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)
 
Ormondbeachdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach Fl
Posts: 206
Thanks: 218
Thanked 141x in 60 posts
Superb so far!!.. Tinkering today.. checking features etc.. Setting up my Perfect Teams etc.. And it will only get better with LIVE etc
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:33 PM   #23
Marcelo67
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Pahrump. Nevada
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10x in 9 posts
Any 3d engine video posted ? Please and thank you!!
Marcelo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
klkitchens (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 12:47 PM   #24
jimmysthebestcop
All Star Reserve
 
jimmysthebestcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 622
Thanks: 152
Thanked 294x in 180 posts
How is no one streaming this?

Did any YouTube or twitch people get comped some keys?

I hope so if not it's a big missed opportunity. Streaming games drives sales these days.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:51 PM   #25
Marcelo67
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Pahrump. Nevada
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10x in 9 posts
Agree. Streaming is business
Marcelo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:23 PM   #26
Mau
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 13
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
How is no one streaming this?

Did any YouTube or twitch people get comped some keys?

I hope so if not it's a big missed opportunity. Streaming games drives sales these days.
https://www.twitch.tv/phantomtag
__________________
USBA - GM Seattle Aviators
Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:42 PM   #27
jimmysthebestcop
All Star Reserve
 
jimmysthebestcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 622
Thanks: 152
Thanked 294x in 180 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mau View Post
thanks its a really nice stream. loving the animations
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:00 AM   #28
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer
 
BusterKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,034
Thanks: 842
Thanked 1,135x in 505 posts
Is it just me, seems like the runners are safe at first all the time but are called out.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
5 thanks for this post:
Baebae32 (03-24-2019), Chomps (03-21-2019), Qrusher14242 (03-23-2019), t-bone shuffle (03-20-2019), tward13 (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 07:16 AM   #29
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer
 
Germaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frankenthal, Germany
Posts: 2,316
Thanks: 5,188
Thanked 1,436x in 820 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Is it just me, seems like the runners are safe at first all the time but are called out.
I just thought the same. On ground balls to the left the fielder takes a lot of time before he throws to first and the runner clearly would be safe.
__________________
I'm going to have to meet my Maker some day.
And if He asks me why I didn't let this boy play,
and I say it's because he's black,
that might not be a satisfactory answer.


Happy Chandler, 1947



Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:20 AM   #30
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer
 
Germaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frankenthal, Germany
Posts: 2,316
Thanks: 5,188
Thanked 1,436x in 820 posts
Is there a way to pin the line-ups ad pitchers to the screen.

When only watching PbP the defensive players just flash for a moment and the line-ups and pitchers are gone ... and with them all the interesting informations.

I don't really care about watching the stands, I'd rather have those informations on top during the game, not only at the end.
Attached Images
Image 
__________________
I'm going to have to meet my Maker some day.
And if He asks me why I didn't let this boy play,
and I say it's because he's black,
that might not be a satisfactory answer.


Happy Chandler, 1947



Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Mariner and Giants Fan (03-20-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 07:22 AM   #31
zappa1
All Star Reserve
 
zappa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 926
Thanks: 1,571
Thanked 486x in 255 posts
3d

I like what I see with the 3D animations and am waiting for more to be added as we move forward along. Right now, I especially like the pitchers delivery motions. Some over the top, some sidearm, and I think I saw Ted Abernathy coming at me from 3rd base. He froze my right handed hitters. Very nicely done. Look forward to more. Great work, again by everybody. Thanks.


Maybe it was Kent Tekulve. haha

Last edited by zappa1; 03-19-2019 at 07:24 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
BirdWatcher (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 07:25 AM   #32
zappa1
All Star Reserve
 
zappa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 926
Thanks: 1,571
Thanked 486x in 255 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We're not done yet. We do have a submariner motion too - Markus is very talented at all arm angles
hahahahaha It WAS Ted Abernathy!! lol
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:26 AM   #33
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer
 
Matt Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Here and there
Posts: 8,787
Thanks: 983
Thanked 10,763x in 4,264 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Is there a way to pin the line-ups ad pitchers to the screen.

When only watching PbP the defensive players just flash for a moment and the line-ups and pitchers are gone ... and with them all the interesting informations.

I don't really care about watching the stands, I'd rather have those informations on top during the game, not only at the end.
Yeah, one of the view options is whether to hide widgets during play. Disable that and the boxes will stay up.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (03-19-2019), Germaniac (03-19-2019), Markus Heinsohn (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 23,097
Thanks: 5,552
Thanked 39,765x in 6,159 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
I like what I see with the 3D animations and am waiting for more to be added as we move forward along. Right now, I especially like the pitchers delivery motions. Some over the top, some sidearm, and I think I saw Ted Abernathy coming at me from 3rd base. He froze my right handed hitters. Very nicely done. Look forward to more. Great work, again by everybody. Thanks.
Hurray, 12 years of pitching in organized baseball finally paid off!

Seriously though, after the motion capture session I was sore for almost a week...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
9 thanks for this post:
Calvert98 (03-19-2019), Grafton19 (03-19-2019), IanIachimoe (03-19-2019), jtnlange (03-19-2019), klkitchens (03-19-2019), Lukas Berger (03-19-2019), MizzouRah (03-19-2019), strakapoud (03-19-2019), zappa1 (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 09:33 AM   #35
IanIachimoe
All Star Reserve
 
IanIachimoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: paper st.
Posts: 560
Thanks: 824
Thanked 331x in 170 posts
love the attn to detail.

diving catches look great now.
__________________
IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Markus Heinsohn (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 09:53 AM   #36
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer
 
BirdWatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,026
Thanks: 1,537
Thanked 792x in 556 posts
Watched some games last night from various camera angles, including a spot pretty much right behind home plate, and loved what I saw.
As previously mentioned, pitcher arm angles look great. Saw a nice pick-off move that seemed quite realistic. Like the way catchers look when they throw to second when runner is stealing.

A little glitchiness with pitchers when they field (and even occasionally when an infielder makes a play that is in the vicinity of the pitcher)- they seem to go into another dimension for a nano-second and then re-emerge a few feet away, but mostly wonderful.

Sat out by the rightfield foul pole for one game and liked what I saw with the outfielders and the angle of balls hit into the outfield.

Bunting has taken a big step forward visually. Love that.

One thing I haven't noticed yet is if arm angles for infielders change depending upon the play. I'm seeing a lot of over-the-top arm angles and not sure if there are any sidearm angles for infielders (especially shortstops) as these are often used when body positioning makes this the more natural and efficient approach.

And still find some outfield plays a bit clumsy, particularly on plays in front of the outfielder where they either catch the ball on the bounce or make what sort of appears (from a distance, anyway) as a diving catch (though PBP seems to indicate that isn't the reality), but really kind of more looks like they've stumbled just as they approach the ball but then make the catch. Not sure I got a good close-up look at this so wondering what others are seeing in this regard?
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
zappa1 (03-21-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #37
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer
 
MizzouRah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, Mo
Posts: 5,756
Thanks: 1,124
Thanked 1,454x in 820 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
Watched some games last night from various camera angles, including a spot pretty much right behind home plate, and loved what I saw.
As previously mentioned, pitcher arm angles look great. Saw a nice pick-off move that seemed quite realistic. Like the way catchers look when they throw to second when runner is stealing.

A little glitchiness with pitchers when they field (and even occasionally when an infielder makes a play that is in the vicinity of the pitcher)- they seem to go into another dimension for a nano-second and then re-emerge a few feet away, but mostly wonderful.

Sat out by the rightfield foul pole for one game and liked what I saw with the outfielders and the angle of balls hit into the outfield.

Bunting has taken a big step forward visually. Love that.

One thing I haven't noticed yet is if arm angles for infielders change depending upon the play. I'm seeing a lot of over-the-top arm angles and not sure if there are any sidearm angles for infielders (especially shortstops) as these are often used when body positioning makes this the more natural and efficient approach.

And still find some outfield plays a bit clumsy, particularly on plays in front of the outfielder where they either catch the ball on the bounce or make what sort of appears (from a distance, anyway) as a diving catch (though PBP seems to indicate that isn't the reality), but really kind of more looks like they've stumbled just as they approach the ball but then make the catch. Not sure I got a good close-up look at this so wondering what others are seeing in this regard?

Make sure to post 3D issues in the bug forum, especially the "teleporting" player issues. You can replay the last replay and then it copies stuff to your clipboard. Paste that into the correct bug thread with a little blurb on what happened.


Each update they have been fixing these 3D glitches.

One thing I love.. the ball flights are much better and more varied!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
BirdWatcher (03-19-2019), Grafton19 (03-19-2019), IanIachimoe (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 10:51 AM   #38
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer
 
Matt Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Here and there
Posts: 8,787
Thanks: 983
Thanked 10,763x in 4,264 posts
The pitcher glitching should be fixed in the next release
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
5 thanks for this post:
BirdWatcher (03-19-2019), Calvert98 (03-19-2019), IanIachimoe (03-19-2019), MizzouRah (03-19-2019), zappa1 (03-21-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 11:07 AM   #39
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer
 
Germaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frankenthal, Germany
Posts: 2,316
Thanks: 5,188
Thanked 1,436x in 820 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, one of the view options is whether to hide widgets during play. Disable that and the boxes will stay up.
Aaah, okay, some of these options are a little hard to find, but slowly I start to get where I want to
__________________
I'm going to have to meet my Maker some day.
And if He asks me why I didn't let this boy play,
and I say it's because he's black,
that might not be a satisfactory answer.


Happy Chandler, 1947



Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:45 PM   #40
tward13
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,747
Thanks: 168
Thanked 376x in 207 posts
Still some improvements I'd like to see to be more realistic.

Runners should run through 1B whether safe or out. Let the ump tell me if safe or out.

The timing still isn't quite right on many plays at first with the runner getting there before the ball but called out. Angel Hernandez can't be calling all these games.

Outfielders still need to hit more cutoff men and/or runners need to take more bases on those long throws home.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
BusterKing (03-20-2019), itshim99 (03-19-2019), LloydLungs (03-19-2019), Mat (03-20-2019)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments