Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 05-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #21
Thorn84
Bat Boy

Interested in a League

I recently rediscovered OOTP after a few years of being away. I used to be very active around the OOTP3/4 days and I'm looking to start up again.
Real players are preferred but it's not a dealbreaker.
Thorn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:56 AM   #22
Crittle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm very interested in a league that is using a complete re-draft. I would love to build a team from scratch from the beginning and control them for a long time. I am not concerned with whether its a historical league or a league with current players.

I know its a lot of work and I was in one a while ago (ACBL) in which we actually drafted about 40 rounds and it was a blast, but then we hit a snag at the end of year 1 where the commish lost his computer and the league folded. I'm a very active GM that is one AIM quite a bit.

AIM -- SupermanDiesel
Crittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #23
bfc1978
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looking for one leauge to join. Can be a bit historical or in the early stages of 2008 season, aka meaning rosters arent butchered already. Pretty open to teams, if needed can give a reference or two.

Brandon
aim bfc1978
Old 06-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #24
Dawgs23
Bat Boy

Interested in joining a league!

I have been playing OOTP for about six months now and can't get enough of it. Interested in taking the next step to join a league online. Open to any avenues. My email is VARM23@aol.com. Let me know if you have an open spot in your league. Thanks..

J.Marsh
Dawgs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #25
DrSatan
All Star Reserve

I just had two leagues crap out, so I'm looking for another to join. I'd be interested in a historical league that uses real players and no recalc. I was just in one that was in 1928, and it was a lot of fun, so anything like that would be great.
DrSatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #26
martylarghe
New User

looking for Twins

Playing ootp8 right now. pre-purchased ootp9. Looking for a league where the twins havent been dismantled and need an active owner. contact me at

fargohuhot@yahoo.com

Thank you
Marty
martylarghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:06 AM   #27
cstark14
Bat Boy

I'm looking for a fictional league, preferrably one that is just starting, I would like to get in on the ground floor. I am really interested in a massive world wide league. My email is chrisstark@kc.rr.com
cstark14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:06 AM   #28
MVela20
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP Veteran looking for a league to join!

Hello all, I've been on an OOTP hiatus for about 1.5 years since matriculating to Business School but since I've just finished I'm looking to get into a league.

I'm a very active owner and would prefer to join a reasonably active league with real players that allows scouting and most of the other OOTP features. I also would prefer an AL team.

Please hit me up on AOL IM (mvela20) or e-mail me (mavela@gmail.com) if you've got an opening. Thanks!

Last edited by MVela20; 06-10-2008 at 12:41 AM.
MVela20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:12 AM   #29
OfficerTC
Minors (Double A)

I haven't been around OOTP in quite some time. I was around back in OOTP5/OOTP6.5. I was very active and built some great teams. I made trades but not for the sake of trading, but to make the team better. I did team writeups and all that as well.

I do not yet have the game. I will in about 3 weeks or so, depending on when I start working and get a paycheck (just got home from college). I'm always online and looking for an active league that will allow me to email/PM until I get the game and export.

Please contact me here:

Tom Collins
AIM: GM Tom Collins
MSN: t.collins.21@hotmail.com
Email: tcollins21@gmail.com
OfficerTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:07 PM   #30
Faded Sanity
Bat Boy

Looking for aleague that doesn't require me to have the game.

AIM: Coheed and Chaos
Faded Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #31
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

I have been a member of the OOTP Community going back to version 4. I have been involved in numerous leagues and even acted as the Commish for the Westwood Baseball League several years back. I am currently involved in only the CTBL and am looking for a second league to focus a large portion of my time.

My ideal league would be a league that is just beginning and is planning on using either 2007, or ideally 2008 rosters (Open to using fictional team names and what not, if real players are used). I am looking for a league that may or may not be re-drafting and a league that allows and encourages its GM's to be active with articles or other creative means. I look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you.

Thanks.

Email: matteise@berkeley.edu
AIM: imtiesenberg1
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #32
Ekcut
Minors (Double A)

Hey all,
I have pre-ordered OOTP9 after taking a few years off and am looking for two leagues to join once the next version is released.

I am looking for a fast paced league...we are talking a real burner! Perhaps a season every two weeks or so. Preferably historical. I'd like to help recreate history without needing 10 years of realtime to do it. (Although I bet OOTP 19 will KICK ARSE!)

The other league I'm looking for is still one moving at a decent pace (maybe 3 sims/week with 2 weeks played/sim). This one would HAVE to use real players, but modern or historical is flexible.

I'm not a fan of manditory writing assignments. I will contribute when the mood strikes, but I'm not a fan of leagues with writing "bonuses". But I do participate. If I miss a league vote, or export, call 9-11 cause I'm passed out on the living room floor.

Please send me a PM if you think we are a match and I will continue to browse the boards looking for a good fit.

Eric
Old 06-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #33
nomarSS5
Minors (Single A)

im a good owner thats looking to get back into ootp. i dont have the game, but i do lineups everytime. very active... i prefer a league thats just starting up or recently started.

aim - nomar539
or private message
nomarSS5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #34
ParkBench
Bat Boy

I'm new to OotP and I'm looking for a league to join.

about what I'm looking for:
- centralized league
- 30 teams (or at least 24 teams)
- 2007 or 2008 season
- new or established league
- real players with appropriate drafts.
- daily (or almost) sim schedule that follows the MLB schedule, or closely follows (I like the morning paper 'feel' of a league that is simmed' everyday. Where you wake up and check the league web site for what happened the day before, and make your roster changes for today's games.)
- Rules in place to encourage activity or at least some roster turn over.

What I can bring to the right league:
- Dedication, I'm not one to quit, except for a league that is stagnant.
- Creative, I have decent writing, and some web design skills and I'm always willing to do what is needed to help a league.
- Enthusiastic, Fantasy and Sim sports are my biggest hobby

If you think there is a place for me in your league, please contact me.

-pb
ParkBench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #35
kq76
Global Moderator

Looking for a League to Join? Post In This Thread!

Instead of having leagues having to keep on the lookout for people posting saying that they're looking for a league, let's have people looking for leagues post in this thread and then league members can just subscribe to it thereby getting notices to check it whenever someone expresses interest.

Make you sure you leave some way for people to contact you like an email address or by enabling private messages through the forum. You might also want to describe what type of league you're looking for, if you are particular about that, so you don't get a bunch of invitations for leagues you're not interested in.

The only restriction is: advertising leagues in posts is forbidden in this thread. If your league looks like a league that someone looking for a league would be interested in, contact that person privately. League ads in this thread will be deleted without hesitation. This thread is to notify people of others possibly interested in joining their leagues. Spamming it with ads of other leagues will just make people less likely to read it.

Therefore, if you (as the person looking for a league) think your post might warrant some discussion or you'd like others to have the opportunity to reply to it in a thread, please start a separate thread with your post and, if you like, link to it from this thread. You should probably quote your original post too so people don't have to click through the link to read it.

Good luck in finding that perfect match!

Last edited by kq76; 06-05-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: reduced the verbosity
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #36
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

I'm looking for a league.

Me: Been playing since OOTP2 but mostly in solo play. I have extra webspace and bandwidth that I will probably donate should the league need it.

You: Looking for a fictional league that sims no more than twice a week. Strongly prefer a commish who has run a league before. I've been burned with commishes who thought it was a cool idea but in the end had no idea how much work/time it takes.

email: john <_:at:_> johncgage <_:com:_>
Old 06-18-2008, 03:17 PM   #37
Sabo17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is my 1st go around with OOTP since 4, so I am a little rusty but am looking forward to getting into 1 solid league.

Preferrably a Historical league, but wouldn't mind a 2008 league either. I just do not want a Fictional League.

Looking forward to playing with you.

Email: wesleyb1@nku.edu
Sabo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:26 PM   #38
Gordon70
Bat Boy

I have never been part of an OOTP online league but have been in fantasy and sim leagues for what's been almost a 10 year career.
With my switch to Mac a few years ago, all I heard was OOTP for baseball.. hands down. Well, I could not agree more. So I am looking to dive into an online league for the first time. I am a die-hard so, there is no worry of me quitting out. I stress this because many of the online experiences I have had succumb to the last place boredom factor. I think OOTP fills those gaps where a team is struggling with ways to make up and get back something for time invested.

Open to any type of League, get back to me at gordonr70@XXXgmail.com (remove X's to send)
Gordon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:31 PM   #39
Madness2207
Bat Boy

Relatively new to the game with OOTP 8 and now 9. Looking to join an online league for the first time. Let me know if there are any openings in leagues starting.

Madness2207@yahoo.com
Madness2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #40
Woodchuck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm looking to join a league or two. Interested in both fictional and MLB based leagues.

Willing to take on bad teams for rebuilding projects, if necessary.

Email or pm if you're looking for an owner.

woody.ootp@gmail.com
Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote