Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:45 AM   #2661
joehart
All Star Starter

The first month in Bronze 232 has come to an end.
Here is a quick snapshot of OL league domination :-)

If you are an OL team, please add -OL to your name. I apologize if I missed you in the report. Your team was not easy to identify.

Overall, a great league that suggests the usage of 7 day lineups.
If you want to do well, you better take a look at the all the wicked parks (1.1 / .900).

AC East: The Redmond Defenders are leading the division with a 17-8 record but still have a good non-OL team behind them (+1).

AC Central: Finally my own Sad Hill Hunters team made it to an OL league after getting stuck in a random non-OL Iron league.
We share the same fate with the Texas Strangers, who also battled others in a non-OL Iron league.
The Strangers have taken the division by storm and are leading by 2 games after going 18-8.
It will be a good challenge trying to keep up with the offensive-minded Strangers team.

AC West:
The Ozark Bobcats are in second position despite going 17-9 during the first month. Good luck catching up to the division leader, who is ahead by 3.5 games.

NC East:
The Asheboro Road Dogs are leading the division but have two OL teams right behind them (2-3 games back).
Good luck to the Auckland Athletics and Harbour Town Falcons to make this a good long competition.

NC Central:
The 1980's All-Stars are leading the division with a 15-12 record despite a slow start by their starters. ERA ranges between 3.51 and 6.32 (average ERA of 4.9). Bullpen has been lights out with averages between 0 and 2.57 (average ERA of 1.59)

The team currently employs a wicked LHB park (1.1 / .900) park but utilize mostly right handed pitchers (possibly one of the reasons for the inflated SP ERA).

NC West:
The Tacoma Aroma are leading the division with a 20-7 record thanks to another wicked LHP park (1.1/.900) and five left handed starters.

Good luck to everyone.
Attached Images

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:45 AM   #2662
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Holy cow! I am going to sell mine then. Anyone else we can get a lot for?
Anything above gold that is part of a collection mission will sell for great price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
If you are an OL team, please add -OL to your name. I apologize if I missed you in the report. Your team was not easy to identify.
Ironically, the three rebels(and even one of them have two teams!) not wanting the -OL are all in Bronze. Gotham Knights, Victoria Viking, Little Rock Crayon and Melaka Armada.

Last edited by Goliathus; 06-18-2019 at 06:48 AM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:51 AM   #2663
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

All Time Standings Through 2030

Just noticed that I clipped the crowns column for three teams. They have not won any crowns.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #2664
Edster007
All Star Starter

Iron 192 through April 28th.

AC East: New Zealand sits on top of the division with a 20-7 record and a 4 1/2 game lead. The only other OL team in the division is San Pedro who is off to their traditional slow start currently in 4th place 9 GB.

AC West: Features 4 OL Teams who occupy the first four spots in the standings. Arkham leads the way at 19-8 followed by Hampton Road 3 GB, Mudville 4 1/2 GB, Chi-Town 5 1/2 GB

NC East: The Boogie Knights lead the division with a record of 18-8 and hold a 4 game lead. They are the only OL team in the division

NC Central: New York at 18-8 holds a 5 1/2 game lead over 2nd place Redmond.

NC West: Stephensville at 20-5 holds a 4 game lead over Pablo.

OL Standings through April 28:
Attached Images
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:25 AM   #2665
Charlatan
All Star Starter

S279 Update

Sanguine jumps out to an early lead with Port Ruppert and Daytona Beach right on their heels, as OL play kicks off in Silver

Code:
Our League Standings - S279 - Apr 29, 2031			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Sanguine Classics	 6	 1	.857
Port Ruppert Mundys	 5	 1	.833
DB Pickleballers	 5	 2	.714
Asylum Keepers		 6	 4	.600
Motown Stars		 2	 2	.500
TI Rustlers		 7	 7	.500
Salem Witches		 6	 7	.462
Bluffton Boomerangs	 3	 4	.429
Las Vegas Gamblers	 5	 7	.417
Janesville Onyx		 4	 8	.333
New York Patriots	 2	 8	.200

x
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-18-2019 at 07:41 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:40 AM   #2666
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Gold league (through April 28):

AC squads have yet to play any OL games.
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:45 AM   #2667
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Weird - I know I reset my rotation on Motown to 5-man after I was knocked out of the playoffs, but somehow it didn't take and I ran on a 4-man rotation for the first month. Hope I didn't blow any pitchers' arms out!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #2668
Magus978
All Star Starter

Shopping for the 1980's team has been very hard. There were pretty much no left-handed starters that would fit the ballpark as built (none in my price range). We are looking into overhauling the factors for next week. I believe the imbalance in the ballpark factors have put a major dent in our ability to make points, as I believe we only made around 300 yesterday. Talent's there to win, just the ballpark is broken and I never got around to fixing it on Monday.

The Mets are on autopilot this week, so let's see how long that good start lasts without me touching a thing.

As for the Patriots...I genuinely don't know what to say other than with the influx of non-OL talent and teams rocking mostly diamond squads, we are no longer suited for this level. The OL teams in bronze will probably have a new punching bag on Monday. I will not be checking in on them for the rest of the week. Better for my health to not do so.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 06-18-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:54 AM   #2669
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Shopping for the 1980's team has been very hard. There were pretty much no left-handed starters that would fit the ballpark as built (none in my price range). We are looking into overhauling the factors for next week. I believe the imbalance in the ballpark factors have put a major dent in our ability to make points, as I believe we only made around 300 yesterday.

The Mets are on autopilot this week, so let's see how long that good start lasts without me touching a thing.

As for the Patriots...I genuinely don't know what to say other than we're no longer suited for this level. The OL teams in bronze will probably have a new punching bag on Monday. I will not be checking in on them for the rest of the week. Better for my health to not do so.

I’m having the same problem with my 70’s themed team. Either not the right guy, overpriced right guy or the same few pages of names that I’ve moved passed already. The team generates a decent amount of points so I just have to sit tight and be patient for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #2670
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I have a hard time finding LHPs as well. I looked around the OL teams and I sawsome of them running full RHPs and I was like screw it, I will stick to that too!

At this point, I am just hoping the price goes back to normal by next week, or I might have to take another chilling voyage.

Last edited by Goliathus; 06-18-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #2671
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Holy cow! I am going to sell mine then. Anyone else we can get a lot for?
Seems like cards that are part of a mission who don't have any listings on the AH (all snapped up). I put my Ventura up for a reasonable starting price and unreasonable 30k buy-it-now for kicks, then somebody pounced. Not foolproof though as some of my other cards are still sitting there (at least as of last night). Somebody was a big White Sox fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Ironically, the three rebels(and even one of them have two teams!) not wanting the -OL are all in Bronze. Gotham Knights, Victoria Viking, Little Rock Crayon and Melaka Armada.
Sorry to Joe, I mean no offense. The Good the Bad and the Ugly has always been my favourite movie, in fact. And Joe enlightened me that it's called "Sad Hill" Cemetery and not "Sathill" which I thought they were saying all these years. Always learning something new about that movie. But anyways, I'll stay an -OL holdout until you all kick me out of the league.

Goliathus: I saw in the first few weeks that the Crayons continued the Argonaut tradition of beating up on the Armada. Funny as they're a totally different team to the Vikings. I guess my digital dudes just have your number. Rough start for both my Bronze teams otherwise though.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #2672
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Seems like cards that are part of a mission who don't have any listings on the AH (all snapped up). I put my Ventura up for a reasonable starting price and unreasonable 30k buy-it-now for kicks, then somebody pounced. Not foolproof though as some of my other cards are still sitting there (at least as of last night). Somebody was a big White Sox fan.

Sorry to Joe, I mean no offense. The Good the Bad and the Ugly has always been my favourite movie, in fact. And Joe enlightened me that it's called "Sad Hill" Cemetery and not "Sathill" which I thought they were saying all these years. Always learning something new about that movie. But anyways, I'll stay an -OL holdout until you all kick me out of the league.

Goliathus: I saw in the first few weeks that the Crayons continued the Argonaut tradition of beating up on the Armada. Funny as they're a totally different team to the Vikings. I guess my digital dudes just have your number. Rough start for both my Bronze teams otherwise though.

probably shooting for the White Sox collection mission (which I can't blame 'em... that Ed Walsh reward card is a monster)
Old 06-18-2019, 01:18 PM   #2673
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
probably shooting for the White Sox collection mission (which I can't blame 'em... that Ed Walsh reward card is a monster)
Hmm, I guess Gold Robin Ventura is a reward for multiple missions? The one I saw I thought had only a Silver Magglio Ordonez as the reward. Anyways I'm happy with the PP, saving it for a certain pitcher. I was eyeing Johnny Bench too but his value has gone through the roof with the Reds sets.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:19 PM   #2674
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Hmm, I guess Gold Robin Ventura is a reward for multiple missions? The one I saw I thought had only a Silver Magglio Ordonez as the reward. Anyways I'm happy with the PP, saving it for a certain pitcher. I was eyeing Johnny Bench too but his value has gone through the roof with the Reds sets.
Sold my own Ventura for 30k after reading your message. Thank you!

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:21 PM   #2675
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
the CWS collection mission (with Ed Walsh as a reward) can only be done if you complete the other 5 CWS missions (Fox and Aparacio; Anson to Appling; 70s and 80s; Promised Land; Champions again).... and each of those 5 missions has their own reward as well.... so takes a lot of cards obviously
Old 06-18-2019, 02:52 PM   #2676
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

My Northborough Algonquin are now fully OL roster friendly in entry pool. I had to dump a GOLDschmidt to comply, which hurt, but I'm now fully OL compliant. I'm looking forward to Iron Level OL action next week

Interesteing, I got SEVEN Iron Unsung Heroes in my starter packs, so with those sales I got to make some decent upgrades. Nothing crazy, and I'm still below .500 in the EP, but it got me a nice start.
Can't wait to compete
Old 06-18-2019, 03:03 PM   #2677
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
My Northborough Algonquin are now fully OL roster friendly in entry pool. I had to dump a GOLDschmidt to comply, which hurt, but I'm now fully OL compliant. I'm looking forward to Iron Level OL action next week

Interesteing, I got SEVEN Iron Unsung Heroes in my starter packs, so with those sales I got to make some decent upgrades. Nothing crazy, and I'm still below .500 in the EP, but it got me a nice start.
Can't wait to compete
Hoping my Mets team isn't there to greet you

Going well so far though, 22-11 with a 2 game lead over fellow OL club Redmond. We've got a bit of a gap to the non-OL teams in the division.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:12 PM   #2678
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:

They have a Netflix movie about the restoration of the cemetery in Spain.
It also has a few funny comments about the movie (like the bridge they blow up in the movie. A language barrier and mis-communication had them blow up the bridge before it was filmed so the military offered to re-build it).

I hope there is a way to mark your teams (anything you could do to help identify your team to everyone?)
Any symbol or word that would work for you?

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #2679
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
They have a Netflix movie about the restoration of the cemetery in Spain.
It also has a few funny comments about the movie (like the bridge they blow up in the movie. A language barrier and mis-communication had them blow up the bridge before it was filmed so the military offered to re-build it).

I hope there is a way to mark your teams (anything you could do to help identify your team to everyone?)
So much for the peer pressure tactic.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #2680
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
I have the + sign in my abbreviations. I post almost every day on this thread with my teams in my signature... hopefully the compilers know them by now. I realize the friends list is easier to search for -OL but I haven't had trouble with the league placement aside from the Vikings' first year in Iron.

My hope is that the OOTP team makes it easier in the future to assemble leagues and lists of friends, so that the -OL tag isn't necessary.

Barring that, some uniformity in the names would be nice. Maybe like soccer clubs do it: "Tottenham Hotspur FC" looks OK and is a common format. If everyone was "Sad Hill Hunters OL" would that look better for the OCD'ers like me?