Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #121
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadeathdealer View Post
Hmm really wondering how . Y didn't it do it to use as we tested . I mean we had crashes at points but it was obvious the cause and was fixed long ago so makes me wonder y now what changed .what did u guys do like from the time u started ootp to the crash
I've had the beta for over a month now and it only crashed on me once, due to a specific bug that was in one version. So if yours is crashing all over the place this could be the symptom of bigger issues, perhaps on your end.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #122
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Whether it's something on your end or on OOTP's end Markus and Andreas will need a way to recreate it. Can you start a new league and save it, then get it to crash by doing the same thing again? Then send in the league files?
I can try this; however, "doing the same thing" will consist of just going about business as normal, because, like I said, there is no one thing I did that caused the crash. I will report back if/when it happens again...but I'm hoping that they were just isolated incidents.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #123
ballman
Minors (Double A)

Back to OOTP 13

I'm getting the same crash problem. Twice and the game did NOT reboot to the previous save point. I lost the entire game - and yes I save it multiple times.

Also, and for what it's worth, I resent that your first impression was that it's something on MY end. All other versions of OOTP work fine.

I was really looking forward to this release, but this sends me back to 13.
ballman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #124
yougo1000
All Star Reserve

One word: Awesome
Bulls
Hawks
and Kansas JayHawks
yougo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #125
ballman
Minors (Double A)

slugga27

It appears we're having the same issue.

I'm using a Toshiba P505D laptop with a AMD Turion dual-core with 8 gigs. I am having the same symptoms. It's a random crash - and the last time I'd just finished a season by winning the WS. Suddenly? No response and had to resort to System Manager to get out of the game. The thing that makes me believe that it is NOT on my side is that it did NOT restore to any of the save points I'd done. It wiped the game completely.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #126
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Re: Post your OOTP 14 impressions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballman View Post
I'm getting the same crash problem. Twice and the game did NOT reboot to the previous save point. I lost the entire game - and yes I save it multiple times.

Also, and for what it's worth, I resent that your first impression was that it's something on MY end. All other versions of OOTP work fine.

I was really looking forward to this release, but this sends me back to 13.
He didn't mean any disrespect to u . It's just that maybe its something larger perhaps computer wise . I mean we can't just point to the game all the time as its not anyways the game but I'm not saying its not this time . I'm sure there's a bug that is hard to pin point but once we find it all will be happy. Just ur guts preoderers are like another group of testers just large scale since beta team is small. So bigger sample and u guys help us a ton so we do thank u for that . But as with any crash we need files if they can be given so we have a better chance to reproduce them . Along with how u got it to crash

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU

Last edited by soadeathdealer; 04-12-2013 at 09:06 PM.
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #127
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
It appears we're having the same issue.

I'm using a Toshiba P505D laptop with a AMD Turion dual-core with 8 gigs. I am having the same symptoms. It's a random crash - and the last time I'd just finished a season by winning the WS. Suddenly? No response and had to resort to System Manager to get out of the game. The thing that makes me believe that it is NOT on my side is that it did NOT restore to any of the save points I'd done. It wiped the game completely.
I knew I wasn't crazy...

I do enjoy OOTP, but if this problem persists and cannot (not going say won't because I know that if there's a fix, it will be fixed) be fixed, I'm going to shelve it.

FWIW, I uninstalled 13 soon after I installed 14, so there's no memory issue (I have 4 gigs anyways).
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #128
ballman
Minors (Double A)

slugga27

I have the last 4 versions of OOTP on my computer. My option is to go back to 13 and pick up where i left off there. and before anyone get pissy? I'm not mad at anyone. Period. I can always play 13 and probably will, but not before i install it to my desktop computer and see if the problem recurs on that machine.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #129
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Re: Post your OOTP 14 impressions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
I knew I wasn't crazy...

I do enjoy OOTP, but if this problem persists and cannot (not going say won't because I know that if there's a fix, it will be fixed) be fixed, I'm going to shelve it.

FWIW, I uninstalled 13 soon after I installed 14, so there's no memory issue (I have 4 gigs anyways).
Just make sure anyone having crashes zips the dat files and gives them to us so we can try to reproduce them. If it crashes every time u start a game then goto preference and trouble shooting and turn on trace . And that way we can get an idea what u did and when it crashed . There is a button that should open the folder with the trace file in preference I think so u can find it to send it to us. I'm not on my.computer to check but I think its they

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #130
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I cannot get over how good the interface looks compared to the previous version (pre-patch). Super job. The classic skin is . . . classic. Font selection is icing on the cake but, get this, I'm not going to need to increase font size. Standard is just fine, thank you.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #131
mm7607
All Star Reserve

Sad Face

Disappointed that the spot starter % option is gone. I use this for every team in my league and it always worked great. I hope it could come back. (After a couple test sims the AI is not using ANY spot starters. This will be a deal breaker for me.)

Other then that this version seems outstanding. I don't have any home unis made up yet so I have to get on that. Only 32 team to do.

I did a couple test runs and triples look a little less.

Also first time I ever imported an earlier version with out troubles, A+ on that.

Last edited by mm7607; 04-12-2013 at 09:49 PM.
mm7607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #132
ballman
Minors (Double A)

slugga27

I forgot that I imported a version 13 game into 14. I'm going to play that one and see if the game works okay, If so, then it's specific to files created within 14. I'll let you know.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #133
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I forgot that I imported a version 13 game into 14. I'm going to play that one and see if the game works okay, If so, then it's specific to files created within 14. I'll let you know.
I don't know how this happened, but when I first installed I had two crashes within the five minutes. Somehow my facegen got out of whack. When I went to the Player and Picture Options tab the fictional pictures options were disabled. I had to change the facegen mode and I haven't had a crash since.

This happened in 13 to me suddenly after months of playing, so I as looking for it. It may not be related to your crashes, but just in case I wanted to share.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #134
GDawg
Minors (Double A)

It's great. Love the Webcast feature. Only thing is I can't see the names (nor pitch selection) on the Baseball Diamond in the Webcast screen after I imported a historical season from v 13. It works alright in a new season so it could have something to do with the transfer. Other than that, brilliant game.
GDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #135
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Couple of things. Report crashes in the Bug Thread. It's not an impression, it's a problem. Also- and I've been largely put to pasture for bringing it up all the time, but - IMHO the game had its moments where it 'seemingly' stops responding, at least on my laptop. I've waited, on more than a few occasions, an awfully long time for it to come back around, but it has, with exception of a skin installation I'm currently experiencing. Is it right? No. Is it technically a crash? I don't know, probably, but it's still a helpful detail in the reporting of the problem. It doesn't do what you expect.

So do take the time to detail your 'impression' of the problem, what you recall best you were up to, and send the league files. And be patient, please. I know it's frustrating, but there are so many many systems and individual activities and choices it takes time to narrow them down. Of course, Markus will act quickly to investigate and fix it, if its identifiable.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #136
Fenway
Minors (Triple A)

My first impression of my first game was great! I took the 2013 Red Sox and accidentally simmed through Opening Day (Lester vs. Sabathia in the Bronx). So I decided to play out game #2 -- Ryan Dempster starting for Boston at New York. In the second inning, Dempster gets into a brawl with Kevin Youkilis (the former Bosox star, now newly a Yankee). Both get suspended for nine games.

I love this game.
Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #137
baseballfanmas
All Star Reserve

endgame, you are not alone. I get the not responding error quite often, but I am usually able to wait it out. Usually doesn't last more than a minute in my case. It's a little inconvienent but it doesn't seem to be a major problem for me.. yet.
baseballfanmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #138
ballman
Minors (Double A)

end game

two things...

1- thanks for the hint about waiting it out. If it happens again, I'll post it

2- I HAVE posted this in the tech support forum..

THANKS!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #139
mbi
Minors (Double A)

Markus I just want to thank you for not eliminating small fonts, because I am in the minority who loves everything as small as possible.
mbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #140
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Started a 2013 league real quick and simmed the season. Jose Bautista hit 66 HRs, leading the Blue Jays to the NL East crown!
Too bad he'll do good to hit 36 hr's this year and the Blue Jays won't even make the playoffs.

Markus needs to take out that Steroid Code from the game.
raginhood is offline   Reply With Quote