Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
TheGame08
Bat Boy

My Wish List

1.) I would like to see changes in the coaches/scout hiring. I want more in depth ratings on coaches for base running, teaching outfield, teaching infield, teaching catchers. I would like to see you hire the Bench Coach, First Base Coach, Third Base Coach, and Bullpen Coach and assign them to teach base running, infield, outfield, and catchers. I would also like to see you hire a minor league hitting and pitching coordination and not hitting and pitching coaches for all your levels. As far as I can tell, coaches have little, if any, impact on development and I would like to see that change as well.

2.) I would like to hire more front office personnel. I would like to hire a Scouting Director, Director of Minor League Operations, and an Assistant GM and be able to toggle through them all when looking at players. The better your staff, the more likely you will find diamonds in the rough during the MLB Draft and when signing International Amateur Free Agents.

3.) There are be so many times that I've been part way through a season with a great team and I will get a pop up for a personal message that won't close out and my game is frozen. I would love for the game to auto-save on opening day and the All-Star game, as well as January 1st.

4.) I would like to be able to negotiate a signing bonus with all draft picks.

5.) Please change the compensation system. As it stands only players the computer deems good enough are eligible to have a qualifying offer extended to them. You should be able to extend that to every player, regardless of their skill level or the season they had.

That's it for now!

Last edited by TheGame08; 12-28-2013 at 09:22 PM.
TheGame08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame08 View Post

3.) There are be so many times that I've been part way through a season with a great team and I will get a pop up for a personal message that won't close out and my game is frozen. I would love for the game to auto-save on opening day and the All-Star game, as well as January 1st.

That's it for now!

curious, how would this add anything? my game auto-saves every week, so these 3 additional points won't change much...
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
1.) I would like to see changes in the coaches/scout hiring. I want more in depth ratings on coaches for base running, teaching outfield, teaching infield, teaching catchers. I would like to see you hire the Bench Coach, First Base Coach, Third Base Coach, and Bullpen Coach and assign them to teach base running, infield, outfield, and catchers. I would also like to see you hire a minor league hitting and pitching coordination and not hitting and pitching coaches for all your levels. As far as I can tell, coaches have little, if any, impact on development and I would like to see that change as well.

2.) I would like to hire more front office personnel. I would like to hire a Scouting Director, Director of Minor League Operations, and an Assistant GM and be able to toggle through them all when looking at players. The better your staff, the more likely you will find diamonds in the rough during the MLB Draft and when signing International Amateur Free Agents.

4.) I would like to be able to negotiate a signing bonus with all draft picks.

That's it for now!
You know you can change the auto save frequency in OOTP14, right?
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Although it seems like overkill I am 75% for this. BTW cool screen name what does yours mean to you? Mine is 33% for OOTP, 33% for HHH and 34 % for the song in my sig.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
TheGame08
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Although it seems like overkill I am 75% for this. BTW cool screen name what does yours mean to you? Mine is 33% for OOTP, 33% for HHH and 34 % for the song in my sig.

Mine came 100% from the song.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
TheGame08
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawa666 View Post
You know you can change the auto save frequency in OOTP14, right?

No, I did not.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, I did not.
League Setup - Global Setup I believe. Mine is set to monthly.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #8
pjh5165
Major Leagues

Quote:
1.) As far as I can tell, coaches have little, if any, impact on development and I would like to see that change as well.
Coaches should have a little impact on player development, but not much. If they had too much impact, every human player would just sign the best coaches and have an unending pipeline of young talent. Where's the challenge in that?
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

If a International Person is in Draft been able to keep them Overseas or go to College intill they are ready to sign meaning if after 4 years hasen't signed with you reenters Draft or if to old becomes a Free-Agent like in NHL.

Seening Trades at Draft like lets say the Yankees want to move up from 18th pick to 12th pick might offer Brett Gardner,55th pick,2015 3rd pick,Romine for the 12th pick,Brandon Phillips,88th pick or a Trade like Nick Franklin,Smoak for Seager,Ethier meaning Mariners solve OF need might change their Draft plans.

Also Draft last 2 days.ramdom Draft Classes for 2014 and beyond.

Transaction News for 2014 and beyond because in League News like on like 7-4 my team put Andy Dirks on DL and called up Brandon Guyer or DFA Ryan Webb and purchased Tyler Green or on 11-12-2016 the Richmond Braves have been purchased by the Reds meaning Atlanta has to find a new home from their Triple-A team.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #10
Gil Thorp
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
If a International Person is in Draft been able to keep them Overseas or go to College intill they are ready to sign meaning if after 4 years hasen't signed with you reenters Draft or if to old becomes a Free-Agent like in NHL.

Seening Trades at Draft like lets say the Yankees want to move up from 18th pick to 12th pick might offer Brett Gardner,55th pick,2015 3rd pick,Romine for the 12th pick,Brandon Phillips,88th pick or a Trade like Nick Franklin,Smoak for Seager,Ethier meaning Mariners solve OF need might change their Draft plans.

Also Draft last 2 days.ramdom Draft Classes for 2014 and beyond.

Transaction News for 2014 and beyond because in League News like on like 7-4 my team put Andy Dirks on DL and called up Brandon Guyer or DFA Ryan Webb and purchased Tyler Green or on 11-12-2016 the Richmond Braves have been purchased by the Reds meaning Atlanta has to find a new home from their Triple-A team.
Sounds good to me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Gil Thorp is offline   Reply With Quote