Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 06-22-2019, 08:19 AM   #1
YANAGI Husi
Bat Boy

Game Crushing in auto play

I play OOTP on Windows and steam.

From yesterday, I face game crush every time I auto play the league or move to the next day so I cannot proceed the league more than one week without crush.

There's no sign or error message when game crushes. The game is just out while I autoplay the game.

I followed some guidelines uploaded in forums regarding game crush, but nothing worked for my case.

I attach a link that contains league files and trace data.

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kq...QJDqGFLX_5c-ij
YANAGI Husi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:23 PM   #2
Smirley
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is the same thing that happens too me. Windows and Steam as well. Hopefully they find a fix soon
Smirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:00 AM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We're taking a look at this, will let you know what we find asap!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:48 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirley View Post
This is the same thing that happens too me. Windows and Steam as well. Hopefully they find a fix soon
If it is crashing for you, please do send us your league files if you can. Every crash may be different.

Otherwise, we have found some issues, mostly related to using the "locked lineup position" in some scenarios. So if you are experiencing crashing, I would potentially recommend going through and unsetting any of those locked lineup spots and seeing if that helps get through things. We'll try to get out a patch for this in the next couple days once we're sure we've caught the issues properly.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:05 PM   #5
quillenl
All Star Reserve

Please take a look at the size of your Players.dat and faces.dat files located in the saved_games\leaguename.lg folder. Got a hunch, probably nothing, but a lot of bug reports that sound like they have the possibility of being related.

Also, share here if you have a number of additional folders created within your league folder starting with "incident_2019"...

I have attached a screenshot of the files in question. Mine is from a 30 team historical league with all history deleted prior to 2018 and all retired players deleted from database prior to the 2020 season. File sizes seem to be tremendously large for that league description.

Trace File from most recent crash included as well. League auto closes when opened at this point due to Out of Memory per the Trace.
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp_trace.txt (37.0 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by quillenl; 06-25-2019 at 06:19 PM.
quillenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:32 PM   #6
quillenl
All Star Reserve

Took a look at his file as well. players.dat, and retired.dat bothover 200 MB.

I typically only play 3 tiers of minors, but these file sizes seem excessive. Large files in my leagues are only typical following the recent patch. I have some saved leagues I have not played post patch with a large history that all reflect the file sizes I'd expect.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:55 AM   #7
Siv
Major Leagues

Crashing as well

Mine is crashing all of the time. I have windows and steam and did all the things on the crashing link. One thing I noticed is that I opened the task manager and looked at the memory usage. OOTP continually starts to take more memory and then crashes. For me it's about June it stops on autoplay.

I don't know how to send you the files for Steam, but I will see if I can find them.
Siv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 12:09 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Can you guys try installing the latest beta patch if you're still having trouble and let us know if it fixes things?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=304680

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:00 PM   #9
Siv
Major Leagues

It looks like the beta patch fixed the issue. I simmed a whole season in under 3 minutes. I was watching the task manager during the crashes and the memory would get to 1 GB and crash. With the patch it never made it past 700 mb and was fast.

Thank you so much for fixing this, your customer service is top notch and another reason I have been buying since the beginning.
Siv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:12 PM   #10
quillenl
All Star Reserve

Seems to be working here. Had one Jim Unkown that had managed to become a coach, but otherwise no sightings of them in unusual places.

Size of Players.dat has started decreasing. Currently down to 619MB after one season (just after the start of offseason Free Agency). I'd expected it to go down significantly more, but will run another season and see what happens.

Game is still crashing when I try to include retired players in the "List All Major League Players" screen (not unexpected given the size of the database, but oddly I can filter by position and see the entirety of each list individually. I did not see any abnormal players (ie Jim Unknown), so I'll assume the players it didn't show me are positionless.

Working my way towards preseason, and have hope based on what I've seen so far that the rest of the databse will be cleaned up at that point.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:49 PM   #11
quillenl
All Star Reserve

Players.dat is 12 MB.

Helps to remember to purge deleted records. Made a world of difference thank you!

Last edited by quillenl; 06-29-2019 at 11:51 PM.
quillenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:27 AM   #12
Jon_The_XII
Bat Boy

Thank god I found this thread. Glad to know that I'm not the only one having a problem.

OOTP 20 was crashing my game (which I transferred from OOTP 19) after trying to autoplay past a certain date (August 9). After installing the beta patch, I am now able to sim past that date. Here's hoping I don't encounter that problem again.

Last edited by Jon_The_XII; 06-30-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Jon_The_XII is offline   Reply With Quote