Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
phenom
Hall Of Famer

Angry Who is Jimmy Ryan and why is he hijacking my career records?

I started a historical sim (many times) in 1901. Historical Transactions and everything else pretty much at default. After league creation I go in and delete career stats for players. I reset service time. I delete all league history.

I look at the league history leaderboards before the season and confirm that they're blank and there are no stats.

I run a season.

Then, JIMMY RYAN is the leader for almost every offensive career category. Somehow all of his prior stats are tallied up and he's now the career leader for almost everything.

I deleted everything.

I couldn't even find Jimmy Ryan in a search of players before I started simming.

WTF???

Last edited by phenom; 05-11-2019 at 10:19 AM.
phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Jimmy Ryan was out of baseball in 1901. He returned in 1902, so the game imports him as a "rookie" and the record books pick up his past history.

This is a long-standing complaint on the historical forums, so you are not alone in your frustration.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:29 AM   #3
phenom
Hall Of Famer

Bah!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #4
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Somehow, this made my morning. I'm a big Jimmy Ryan fan now.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:04 AM   #5
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

A Google search revealed that Ryan spent 1901 as player/manager of the St. Paul franchise in the Western League, then made a comeback with the Senators in 1902 at age 39.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #6
Reed
All Star Starter

If you start in 1901 (or any year), players will that missed that season in real life due to injury, war or whatever will not show up for those years if you have selected players miss season as in real life. You will then have Jimmy Ryan show up at the end of the 1901 season with his real stats showing up as his career OOTP stats up to that point. You will have players showing up at the end of 1902 that missed 1901 and 1902 in real life. Players will also show up at the end of 1903, 1904 etc until about 1907. This is not unique to 1901, it happens for any year you start BUT there is a workaround!
If you want to start your historical year in xxxx (let us say 1901), start the league about 8 years prior (1893 in this case) and just fast sim the game to the spring of 1901. Then set up you teams and structure anyway you want. Go into league functions on bottom left erase league history, service time, career stats, etc. BUT DO NOT ERASE INJURIES. You can leave players on their present teams (the teams will be pretty balanced) or you can release the players and have a draft. The players that missed 1901 in real life will show up on the draft list as injured but you can still draft them and place them on the injured list. These players like JImmy Ryan will then be on a teams injured list with no career stats showing. This way you will not have players showing up far the first few years of you league with their real career stats showing up as stats in your league
This might sound like a lot but it really does not take long. About 3 minutes and however long it takes your computer to fast sim about 8 years.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #7
phenom
Hall Of Famer

I didn't erase injuries and all these guys still show up.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #8
Reed
All Star Starter

Yes, they should show up but their OOTP stats should be zero and they should show up as injured if you selected “miss season as in real life and erased career stats.

I just tried again. Using historical wizard, no minors no fictional player, players retire according to history and miss seasons according to real life. Fast sim to spring 1901. JImmy Ryan is showing up on a team with injury out for year.
Went to league functions and selected “schedule fantasy draft”. Ryan and a few others are showing up on draft board in red because of their injury. Went back to league functions DID NOT TOUCH “reset all injuries & IL status”.
Did reset all the options below that, (fatigue, morale, compensation, service time, career stats 2x, and entire history). Went back to draft board and Jimmy Ryan and a few others are still there in red due to their injury BUT their OOTP stats are showing up as zero just like all the other players. I let the AI do a draft and the injured players got drafted to various teams but they will not play until they did in real life and their OOTP stats will start as zero.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:41 PM   #9
phenom
Hall Of Famer

I don't want a draft. I want players to be on their historical teams.