Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 07-24-2019, 03:43 AM   #1
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

Baseball Association of America

Welcome Friends and readers.

This follows the antics of Zach Edwardson (thats me) and my attempts to be a general manager for the Charlotte Spiders of the Baseball Association of America.

However, there is a little secret that I must admit to you fellow readers.

I have no idea what I am doing. You may wonder how I obtained such a job, well lets just say that I can't be fired by the Charlotte Spiders as the job is payment for my silence of a matter with the owner.

Hey, someone has to do the job!

So lets look at what we have as a team?

O my, we are not very good. I have my work cut out for me. It might be 1895, but I need to win hopefully soon.

So before going to bed I make a minor statement. I trade two older A level players for a A level player who on the prospect list. I wasn't expecting the Raging Cajuns to agree to it, but it was a lucky day. Next it time to talk about the brand new Baseball Association of America.
Attached Images
Zedwardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:51 AM   #2
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

The first trade details. I do not know much about baseball, but I know a 27 year old in A level ball might be needing to look at perhaps selling shoes for a living.

And here is the preview of the Teams. Will go into detail as I play each one and and talk about the AL teams at some point.

(OOC: I specifically made some odd market teams and kept them out east as the BAA will slowly expand west. I mean, how many times do you see Newport News with a MLB team.

As a note, outside of a game back in 2016, I never actually ran a team, so I have no idea what I am doing. Wish me luck, I think the first trade improved my team. )
Attached Images
Old 07-24-2019, 03:51 AM   #3
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

The actual teams. (I need to go to bed, I am forgetting to attach stuff)
Attached Images
Old 07-24-2019, 11:59 AM   #4
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

Offseason stuff happens, though I need to send players to kitchen knife training classes. Losing players to claims, and locking up one of my SP for a few years.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 07-24-2019, 12:09 PM   #5
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

It is opening day! Everyone is excited, people hoping for the best, and the Charlotte Spiders start out with a series with the Detroit mallards.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-24-2019, 12:13 PM   #6
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

In case anyone was wondering, it might not be a good team here in Charlotte.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-24-2019, 12:29 PM   #7
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

The first three games are vs. Detroit.

Its not good baseball, and we lose the series 2-1.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 07-24-2019, 12:42 PM   #8
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

I am currently over payroll, so I send a older pitcher that I cannot get to clear waivers due to claims for a closer prospect and traded some prospects in general. No idea if any of these men will make the majors but I am going to try to keep my minors young so there is more upside.
Attached Images
Old 07-24-2019, 12:46 PM   #9
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

Up next is the Newport News Navigators.
Attached Images
Old 07-24-2019, 01:08 PM   #10
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

Game five is noteworthy since Bovee stole two of the bases in the 9th, and then ran home on a wild pitch to win the game.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 07-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #11
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

Perhaps my assessment of the team might of been too harsh, right now we are getting enough to win, Sadly our best player is 38, but that what stocking the minors is for.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 07-24-2019, 01:43 PM   #12
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

Another day, another trade in the minors, I think Lung might improve to something decent, so pulled the trigger.
Attached Images
Old 07-24-2019, 03:00 PM   #13
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

unless people want to have each box score, I was thinking about doing monthy updates. with infomation on how each series went and so on.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:48 AM   #14
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

going to try this format for ease and to speed things up (If I make the playoffs of course I will show the box score of each one).

1. Did one more trade, had a lot of shortstops prospects, but not many outfeilders, so I moved a spare SS for a outfielder prospect

2. Playing about .500 ball right now, no real stars except that I have a player hitting .400, but too early to tell if that a good month or a good player.

The Loons will be hard to catch, but we are neck and neck in the wildcard hunt.

May has the draft pool and the all star voting.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 07-25-2019, 01:28 AM   #15
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

May update

1. I had a player that refused to go down to the minors. Annoying players standing up for their vested rights. Paul Davis and a minor prospect was traded over to the NY Zyphers for 3 prospects, In return I got Mora, who a good prospect, and two okay prospects. They may or may not get the majors but I needed Paul Davis gone.

2. Alex Vigil had a bad Injury, which is disappointing as he was a decent prospect and was bouncing between AAA and MLB level play. Yes, his ERA is high, but all my pitchers have high ERAs at the moment.

3. Third week of baseball was bad, but otherwise we are playing some decent ball.

4. Still playing 500 ball, still in the hunt for a wildcard spot.

The Draft is this month. I hopefully can get some more pitching talent, as I am not happy with my pitching, but we shall see what we can make of it.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 07-25-2019, 02:13 AM   #16
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

Draft report

16 rounds

First round is Steve Muhammad, who is a very promising CF. As you can see, I really piled on getting some pitching talent as outside of one of my starters I am not happy with my current pitching staff. We will see how they rise up or fail away.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-25-2019, 02:58 AM   #17
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

My June update (and I am heading to bed.)

1. We had a 10 game winning streak, which is a real blessing as it let us secure ourselves some breathing room and feel a little over .500 for a change.

2. I have one good pitcher, the rest of my pitching staff is not so great.

3. My owner is happy.

4. Signed the hitting coach to a few more years, he came cheap.

5. Some of the other teams are starting to trade players, while I stayed put for this month. Near the trade deadline I might go though my minors and weed out any older players and bundle them up for some sort of prospects. Right now I cannot really move in any contracts due to the payroll and that I am maxed out on the payroll, In fact a few of the trades in the last few months have been to useful to lower the overage.
Attached Images
Old 07-25-2019, 11:27 AM   #18
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

All star and Trade deadline update

All Star - Three of my players made the all star team - Eddie Makepeace (P), RF Seth Brown, and SS Matt Stancil, none are starters.

As the trade deadline approached, while I had been selling players for prospects all year, I decided to buy.

First was picking up Jeremy McNiel, who long term might end up in the starting rotation, I sent a catcher prospect and some minor stuff. McNiel has already been called up to the majors in my pitching limited team and now is my bullpen ace.

The second major trade happened for two reasons, picking up a all star SS and 3rd baseman. I already have a all star SS (who 24) and a 3B who the 10th ranked prospect already in the majors, so the question is why did I pick up a 35 year old all star?

Simple, Stancil my all star short stop is going to miss a month, and I look at this as simply a rental to make sure I can win another 4 games or so to make the playoffs, and we all know when you make the playoffs you never know when magic is going to begin. Palmas can play his natural short stop spot till my all star come back, then he will move to third. He a free agent after this year and now my hope is that the owner doesn't fall in love with a 35 year old shortstop and want a long term deal, as I do not plan to resign him.

It is fun to see how much gets offered near the trade deadline when teams make the choice that they can't make the playoffs.

Lastly, the Newport News lost their best player for the year, one reason why I decided to pull the trigger and make a playoff push now as the Navigators are the main challenge to me making the playoffs.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Zedwardson; 07-25-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:57 AM   #19
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

July Update

It wasn't the best month.

a 8 game losing streak, bad player development updates, and general struggles defined the month. Hopefully the big player we added near the end of the deadline will put us in the playoffs, but we will see.

We also started a charity.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 07-26-2019, 12:09 PM   #20
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

1. The Spiders were hit by the injury bug, including the big name I traded for.

2. On the bright side, one of my players was noticed for a NL award for the first time, Rookie of the month as he fills in on 1B. We have high hopes for him.

3. We need a final good month to make the playoffs, but we are still in the hunt.
Attached Images