Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-06-2019, 07:53 PM   #141
aks62
Major Leagues

A few Phillies notes (re: MLB LIVE setting):

1) Tommy Hunter is not active - he suffered a setback recently and will require more time to return.
2) Zach Eflin broke camp with the Phillies while Jerad Eickhoff did not. This is mistakenly reversed in the default roster setting.
3) Sean Rodriguez is not on the Phillies 40-man roster - they are carrying an extra reliever on the active roster, Edubray Ramos, which is also not reflected.

Last edited by aks62; 04-06-2019 at 07:54 PM.
aks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #142
gosensgo101
Minors (Triple A)

Brock Lundquist erroneously has MLB stats attributed to him in 2014.
gosensgo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:55 PM   #143
BradG223
Minors (Double A)

Same with Gavin Lavalley. It appears to be his high school stats.
Attached Images
BradG223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:04 AM   #144
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks62 View Post
A few Phillies notes (re: MLB LIVE setting):

1) Tommy Hunter is not active - he suffered a setback recently and will require more time to return.
2) Zach Eflin broke camp with the Phillies while Jerad Eickhoff did not. This is mistakenly reversed in the default roster setting.
3) Sean Rodriguez is not on the Phillies 40-man roster - they are carrying an extra reliever on the active roster, Edubray Ramos, which is also not reflected.
We set Hunter's injury now.

On the 40-man and 25-man roster stuff posted here, we cannot get this all right unfortunately.

The ai sets things up as it wants to. We can and do tweak the ratings to "encourage" it to take the right guys, but it does basically what it wants.

If we forced it to take the right rosters, what would happen is that once you clicked 'finish day' the first time, half the league would end up DFA'd or on waivers. So it's the lesser of two evils to just try to get things close, but mostly let the ai do its thing.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:05 AM   #145
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosensgo101 View Post
Brock Lundquist erroneously has MLB stats attributed to him in 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradG223 View Post
Same with Gavin Lavalley. It appears to be his high school stats.
Removed those HS stat lines.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:07 AM   #146
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six String Guild View Post
I just imported Juan Soto from the historical_database.odb into my list of free agents and he's listed as a First Baseman. He plays left field. Thanks.
This should go in the historical issues thread, otherwise it's just going to get missed Thanks!

Old 04-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #147
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

The reason some guys are getting released because don't want to be in Minor's I think.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #148
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
We set Hunter's injury now.

On the 40-man and 25-man roster stuff posted here, we cannot get this all right unfortunately.

The ai sets things up as it wants to. We can and do tweak the ratings to "encourage" it to take the right guys, but it does basically what it wants.

If we forced it to take the right rosters, what would happen is that once you clicked 'finish day' the first time, half the league would end up DFA'd or on waivers. So it's the lesser of two evils to just try to get things close, but mostly let the ai do its thing.
I started a new league with MLB LIVE effective today and Hunter's injury still isn't reflected. Similarly, Roman Quinn is healthy but in a rehab assignment.

Meanwhile, Corey Knebel's TJ surgery isn't reflected (though I know a recovery timetable hasn't been announced). And both of Daniel Murphy and Trea Turner's injuries aren't reflected.

Additionally - and I'm still seeing this with a lot of players, not just Hunter - that all real-life injury-related transactions keep showing up in players' histories. It also happens with optioning/promoting/demoting players throughout the season if I select the "ask AI to set up complete minor league system" setting.

Last edited by aks62; 12-28-2022 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:56 PM   #149
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
Definitely was not build 32, otherwise he would be a free agent.
Rivera solved, but now Cody Asche is showing up with the Dodgers the same way Rivera did with the Mets. This one's build 32.

Last edited by aks62; 12-28-2022 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:28 PM   #150
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six String Guild View Post
I just imported Juan Soto from the historical_database.odb into my list of free agents and he's listed as a First Baseman. He plays left field. Thanks.
He is only a LF in that database. OOTP must be changing it for you at no additional charge.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #151
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks62 View Post
Rivera solved, but now Cody Asche is showing up with the Dodgers the same way Rivera did with the Mets. This one's build 32.
Could be because the change in the editor was made after they grabbed the roster changes for build 32....he is a free agent in the roster editor. I would avoid posting these type of "issues" in the future because this is the most likely case. We usually get these type of transactions made to the editor....just don't show up in real time....maybe some day.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:21 PM   #152
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

I've come across an issue with players sharing the same historical minors ID, even though they are supposed to be unique. I originally thought this was a historical database issue, but have been pointed here to the roster team.

Here are a few of the errors:
  • Player ID: 2347 (Sandy Alomar Jr.) has the historical minors ID alomar001san, but should have the historical minors ID alomar002san
  • Player ID: 2569 (Chick Autry) has the historical minors ID autry-001chi, but should have the historical minors ID autry-001wil
  • Player ID: 2570 (Chick Autry) has the historical minors ID autry-001chi, but should have the historical minors ID autry-001mar
  • Player ID: 10233 (Dutch Leonard) has the historical minors ID leonar001dut, but should have the historical minors ID leonar001hub
  • Player ID: 10234 (Dutch Leonard) has the historical minors ID leonar001dut, but should have the historical minors ID leonar001emi
  • Player ID: 15463 (Ed Sprague) has the historical minors ID spragu001ed-, but should have the historical minors ID spragu001edw
  • Player ID: 15464 (Ed Sprague) has the historical minors ID spragu001ed-, but should have the historical minors ID spragu002edw
  • Player ID: 15702 (Mel Stottlemyre) has the historical minors ID stottl001mel, but should have the historical minors ID stottl002mel
  • Player ID: 16118 (Frank Thomas) has the historical minors ID thomas001fra, but should have the historical minors ID thomas006fra
  • Player ID: 16119 (Frank Thomas) has the historical minors ID thomas001fra, but should have the historical minors ID thomas004fra
  • Player ID: 17199 (Bernie Williams) has the historical minors ID willia001ber, but should have the historical minors ID willia002ber

I've double listed cases where both players in the conflict happened to be incorrect, and single listed cases where only one player needs to be fixed.

From what I've been provided via Jim Wisenberg for the facegen project, there are over 400 conflicts on historical IDs, and that's from just the limited portion of the database I have. Additionally, it doesn't include players who have the wrong historical ID if it happens to be unique at the moment, which may cause problems in the future.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:19 PM   #153
aks62
Major Leagues

I was able to figure out that John Middleton (Phillies owner)'s DOB is 03/02/1955. I had been the one to update the owner from David Montgomery last year without an exact DOB (knew the year) but since came across his birthday.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #154
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
I've come across an issue with players sharing the same historical minors ID, even though they are supposed to be unique. I originally thought this was a historical database issue, but have been pointed here to the roster team.

Here are a few of the errors:
  • Player ID: 2347 (Sandy Alomar Jr.) has the historical minors ID alomar001san, but should have the historical minors ID alomar002san
  • Player ID: 2569 (Chick Autry) has the historical minors ID autry-001chi, but should have the historical minors ID autry-001wil
  • Player ID: 2570 (Chick Autry) has the historical minors ID autry-001chi, but should have the historical minors ID autry-001mar
  • Player ID: 10233 (Dutch Leonard) has the historical minors ID leonar001dut, but should have the historical minors ID leonar001hub
  • Player ID: 10234 (Dutch Leonard) has the historical minors ID leonar001dut, but should have the historical minors ID leonar001emi
  • Player ID: 15463 (Ed Sprague) has the historical minors ID spragu001ed-, but should have the historical minors ID spragu001edw
  • Player ID: 15464 (Ed Sprague) has the historical minors ID spragu001ed-, but should have the historical minors ID spragu002edw
  • Player ID: 15702 (Mel Stottlemyre) has the historical minors ID stottl001mel, but should have the historical minors ID stottl002mel
  • Player ID: 16118 (Frank Thomas) has the historical minors ID thomas001fra, but should have the historical minors ID thomas006fra
  • Player ID: 16119 (Frank Thomas) has the historical minors ID thomas001fra, but should have the historical minors ID thomas004fra
  • Player ID: 17199 (Bernie Williams) has the historical minors ID willia001ber, but should have the historical minors ID willia002ber

I've double listed cases where both players in the conflict happened to be incorrect, and single listed cases where only one player needs to be fixed.

From what I've been provided via Jim Wisenberg for the facegen project, there are over 400 conflicts on historical IDs, and that's from just the limited portion of the database I have. Additionally, it doesn't include players who have the wrong historical ID if it happens to be unique at the moment, which may cause problems in the future.
I'll look into these this weekend and update where required.

EDIT: The Player IDs I take it are just from playing with MLB on and no other leagues?

EDIT 2: Found them. I've updated them in the database.

Last edited by nutt; 04-12-2019 at 11:21 PM.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:59 PM   #155
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
I'll look into these this weekend and update where required.

EDIT: The Player IDs I take it are just from playing with MLB on and no other leagues?

EDIT 2: Found them. I've updated them in the database.
I'm actively working on a large scale report of these duplicate ID errors, as well as some other improper ID errors (length issues at the moment). It's a fairly big issue throughout the roster database, unfortunately. Even after I get through with all the issues Excel flagged for me (1651 flagged players in all), I'll still need to check a few things like apostrophes and periods in IDs), and even then I'm not going to be able to catch any IDs that are wrong but currently unique and following proper form.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:27 PM   #156
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
I'm actively working on a large scale report of these duplicate ID errors, as well as some other improper ID errors (length issues at the moment). It's a fairly big issue throughout the roster database, unfortunately. Even after I get through with all the issues Excel flagged for me (1651 flagged players in all), I'll still need to check a few things like apostrophes and periods in IDs), and even then I'm not going to be able to catch any IDs that are wrong but currently unique and following proper form.
if it would be helpful I can send you the historical minor league bbref ID's. that list is straight from bbref and has no duplicate entries. it has additionally been updated over the last 4 years with fixes to spelling errors and other player name issues found by users. in short it is very clean.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:14 PM   #157
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
if it would be helpful I can send you the historical minor league bbref ID's. that list is straight from bbref and has no duplicate entries. it has additionally been updated over the last 4 years with fixes to spelling errors and other player name issues found by users. in short it is very clean.
Honestly, it's hard to say if it would be any faster. Searching bbref directly is giving me the data I need to look at fairly quickly, and when there are issues, I need to cross reference things in-game anyway.

As an update, I've got it expanded to 1788 problems, which should include all cases of length issues, inclusion of an apostrophe or period, duplicate ID, and some of the other text issues (IDs of Draft, contest, text put in the wrong field, etc.). I have gone through 67.11% of them thusfar, which covers all the errors from A-N. This should be done within a couple days if I'm able to keep up pace.

Honestly the main issue I'm having is that excel is super slow trying to apply filters and conditional formatting on file with this much information in it. :P

Last edited by FancySkunk; 04-14-2019 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:49 AM   #158
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

My report on duplicate (and other) ID issues is finished. I have it available as both a Google Sheet (just the problems and fixes) as well as an Excel File (includes the full database this was build off of, though all non-problems are filtered out). The Player ID numbers come from a roster.tar file provided by Lucas Berger which included a CSV of the (hopefully) full 54855-player database. Conditional formatting is set to flag in red both players with an ID issue in the current ID column, as well as players who do not have a simple fix in the fix column. This covers potential same player issues, as well as a few odds and ends like the "draft" and "contest" minors IDs.

Unfortunately, I cannot call this a comprehensive list of errors, as like I said earlier, my methods will only check procedurally incorrect IDs. Anything that was a unique 12 character ID with no illegal characters was flagged as okay, which means there are undoubtedly some errors still hanging around. However, I would hazard a guess that this covers the majority of issues.

Last edited by FancySkunk; 04-16-2019 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #159
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
My report on duplicate (and other) ID issues is finished. I have it available as both a Google Sheet (just the problems and fixes) as well as an Excel File (includes the full database this was build off of, though all non-problems are filtered out). The Player ID numbers come from a roster.tar file provided by Lucas Berger which included a CSV of the (hopefully) full 54855-player database. Conditional formatting is set to flag in red both players with an ID issue in the current ID column, as well as players who do not have a simple fix in the fix column. This covers potential same player issues, as well as a few odds and ends like the "draft" and "contest" minors IDs.

Unfortunately, I cannot call this a comprehensive list of errors, as like I said earlier, my methods will only check procedurally incorrect IDs. Anything that was a unique 12 character ID with no illegal characters was flagged as okay, which means there are undoubtedly some errors still hanging around. However, I would hazard a guess that this covers the majority of issues.
Thanks! I'll look into this as much as I can. I've been clearing up any instances I have come across up until seeing this.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:05 PM   #160
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Real quick, I had to update both the Google Sheet and the Excel File as I just realized I forgot to separately account for IDs that had spaces in them. So that adds another 55 or so incorrect IDs, up to a total of 1844.

From here on, and other issues I find I'll track separately.