Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:04 PM   #1
spacer15415
Major Leagues

Retiring with real minors

If you have the setting checked to retire according to history and if you are using Real Minors. Will the players retire when they end their major league career or when they are done with baseball?

I just started a new league in 1901, some players retired according to major league but still played in the "minor leagues". Was this because it was my first year or because there isn't a minor leagues yet? Or, will they always retire after major leagues career is over?

Thanks!
spacer15415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

well if they retired in 1928 and they are in the minors at that time, then they will retire in the minors you answered your own question!

you have minors during a time when they did not exist... you are using real players? you are going to run into logistical problems... either too few to fill or you wil run out of historical players in fewer years, sinc they are being used to fill a minor league system that didn't exist.

i would use a key word or 2 from the settings invovled and seach the forum

with google you can serach from site:http://url to limit it to ootp forums... their search function is way better than this forum's search.

there are many threads with info that you would find useful... i do not play historical leagues, so i cannot say much other than that info does exist already.

re-read the manual on the histocial settings available.. re-search the forums and you will find answers.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote