Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 05-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #41
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Thanks! I'd also like a copy.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #42
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanqtonic View Post
If anyone wants the modified version, just respond here and Ill put it up on dropbox or something.

Add me to the list list to get a copy...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #43
gbwitheyes
Minors (Triple A)

I would appreciate being placed on your roster to receive a copy.
gbwitheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #44
Recte44
Global Moderator

Me too! :-)
Old 05-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #45
StLee
Hall Of Famer

Et moi! (And me!)

Current dynasties: Fallout 4's Commonwealth Baseball Organization

Completed dynasty: Fallout: New Vegas' Mojave Baseball League

Uniforms: My custom uniforms
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #46
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

And me. There are a lot of people on this list.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #47
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Add me to the list

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #48
oman19
All Star Starter

Add me as well lol.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #49
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

At this point, it might be worth it to just say that everyone wants a copy.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:51 AM   #50
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

And the suspense builds. Hope it doesn't take as long for him to post it as it did for me to create it.

Last edited by Bigrod; 05-20-2014 at 02:53 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:52 AM   #51
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

I see this schedule creator is in good hands, so there's not much I can add.

I would make this one suggestion for those creating their own MLB-style schedules: it may be easier to think in terms of series rather than games. Doing so cuts down on the number of elements you have to create and manipulate. MLB schedules, for example, will usually have clubs playing 52-54 series during the season. Working with 780 series (52 series per team times 30 teams divided by 2) is a smaller task than working with 2,430 games (162 games per team times 30 teams divided by 2).

In most cases clubs play two series in a week over the 26 weeks of the season. However, as the All-Star Break takes up a half-week; that means 52 series fit into 25.5 weeks. That means one week has to contain three series (two 2-game and one 3-game series). The more series a club plays during the season the more weeks which require three series during a week (assuming a 26-week season). If a club had 54 series to play, that'd mean three different weeks would require three series to be played during them. And so on.

Generally, the 3-game series is the basis for MLB schedules, with 2-game and 4-game series being added to help fill the mathematical needs of fitting 52+ series into 25.5 weeks.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 AM   #52
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
I see this schedule creator is in good hands, so there's not much I can add.

I would make this one suggestion for those creating their own MLB-style schedules: it may be easier to think in terms of series rather than games. Doing so cuts down on the number of elements you have to create and manipulate. MLB schedules, for example, will usually have clubs playing 52-54 series during the season. Working with 780 series (52 series per team times 30 teams divided by 2) is a smaller task than working with 2,430 games (162 games per team times 30 teams divided by 2).

In most cases clubs play two series in a week over the 26 weeks of the season. However, as the All-Star Break takes up a half-week; that means 52 series fit into 25.5 weeks. That means one week has to contain three series (two 2-game and one 3-game series). The more series a club plays during the season the more weeks which require three series during a week (assuming a 26-week season). If a club had 54 series to play, that'd mean three different weeks would require three series to be played during them. And so on.

Generally, the 3-game series is the basis for MLB schedules, with 2-game and 4-game series being added to help fill the mathematical needs of fitting 52+ series into 25.5 weeks.
Thanks, LeGrande Orange. Those are all good tips to keep in mind when trying to figure out how many games a team should play against another team.

For example, multiples of 3 are a good idea. But if you plan it to where a team plays 10 or games against an opponent, that might not be so good. Either you would end up with 5 H/A (which necessitates more two-game series) or an seriously unbalanced amount of H/A with one opponent.

Scenarios like that are good to keep in mind when making or requesting MLB-style schedules.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #53
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
But if you plan it to where a team plays 10 or games against an opponent, that might not be so good. Either you would end up with 5 H/A (which necessitates more two-game series) or an seriously unbalanced amount of H/A with one opponent.
MLB uses unbalanced home-away splits to keep the number of 2-game series to a minimum. So a 10-game set against an opponent might be split 6-4, with the 6 being two 3-game series and the 4 into a single 4-game series. The following season the same teams would have a 4-6 split, thus rotating the home-away split and evening it out over the longer term.

Below is how MLB has split some of the more common season series game totals since going to three divisions per league.

9 games: 6-3 / 3-6
10 games: 6-4 /4-6 or 7-3 / 3-7
16 games: 9-7 / 7-9
17 games: 10-7 / 7-10

These sorts of splits, in addition to reducing the number of 2-game series, also provide more flexibility in terms of scheduling games while keeping to the various restrictions/preferences MLB has for when games are to be played.

Now, of course, if you want to get into the scheduling practices of the minor leagues, that's a whole other kettle of fish.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #54
cheo25
All Star Reserve

All good tips. I don't like the H/A splits that have a difference of more than 1 game, which is why I stay away from those.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #55
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo25 View Post
All good tips. I don't like the H/A splits that have a difference of more than 1 game, which is why I stay away from those.
What's interesting there is that, during the 'classic' MLB era of two 8-team leagues and a (nominally) balanced schedule, due to postponements there were occasionally uneven home-away splits against some opponents. In 1941, for example, the 22 games Cincinnati played against Philadelphia, instead of the intended split 11-11, ended up with a 13-9 split in the Reds' favour.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #56
cheo25
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
What's interesting there is that, during the 'classic' MLB era of two 8-team leagues and a (nominally) balanced schedule, due to postponements there were occasionally uneven home-away splits against some opponents. In 1941, for example, the 22 games Cincinnati played against Philadelphia, instead of the intended split 11-11, ended up with a 13-9 split in the Reds' favour.
Sounds like a Sunday doubleheader that got rained out in Cincy's last visit to Philly and it got made up on Philly's last visit to Cincy. Just a guess. That's interesting stuff.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:55 AM   #57
probei
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanqtonic View Post
Wanted to say thanks for the utility . Used it to make a 64 team 71 game league with front and back loaded divisional play in a little over 1.5 hours.

The 8 divisions got a little tiresome to cut and past, so I hacked the utility up so it spits out the schedule without any intervening cutting/pasting.

I also put in another "level" of error checking (ie ensures that the input entry corresponds *exactly" to it counterpart) and am putting in an auto entry feature (i.e. puts in the correct corresponding entry automatically -- so I just modified my own mod to make it obsolete.)

If anyone wants the modified version, just respond here and Ill put it up on dropbox or something.

Im looking into putting in the reading of the schedule files as well....

Anyhoo, thanks not only the mod in the first place, but for the base from which to add.
can i get a copy as well?
probei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #58
txranger
Hall Of Famer

I don't think we will ever get a copy!

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:35 PM   #59
gbwitheyes
Minors (Triple A)

The devil is in the details and life grabs hold of all of us, no matter how hard we try to disappear into game.
gbwitheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:07 AM   #60
Chisox59
Minors (Rookie Ball)

On the first sheet (schedule setup), should the subleague names starting at C1 all be labeled as SL1-D1, SL1-D2...and so on, or instead as they are actually labeled in my league (AL-East, AL-Central...)? Thanks in advance

Last edited by Chisox59; 06-06-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Chisox59 is offline   Reply With Quote