Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #41
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

I have very little experience with the DH, But I am in a couple of leagues that have no DH at the ML level but use the DH at the minor league level. I am finding it impossible to get the pitcher to Bat when he pitches. If I leave the DH slot empty it simply selects another position player to bat. It won't let me drop the Pitcher into the Lineup and Pitching space both. I can find no way to bat a pitcher in a game he pitches in a league that uses the DH.

I don't know if this is intended or a bug but either way, I want to be able to bat my Pitcher in a league that uses the DH
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 01-16-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #42
dodger300
Minors (Triple A)

Fix modern-day playoff pitching rotations. If team has a 4 pitcher rotation use the fourth pitcher.

Last edited by dodger300; 01-16-2014 at 07:44 PM.
dodger300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #43
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Career. Ending. Injuries. Too frequent. Too abrupt. Too sad.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #44
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Let me set minor league age limits.

It doesn't have to be accurate to real life. Just let me control the maximum age a player can be to start the season.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #45
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
2. Somewhat realistic default historical playoff scheduling - LGO has (I believe) proposed ideas along the lines of realistic postseason scheduling that factor in era and geography. These would be awesome. However, even minimal improvements that do away with - for example - the mirrored schedule (where ALCS and NLCS are scheduled to take place on the same days, with the same off days, etc.), and that default to the 2-3 format ('69 thru '84) rather than the 2-2-1, would be great. (Having said this, I am grateful that we have the option to modify the playoff schedule to our liking.)
This would be great. Even giving the ability to schedule playoff series in the xml files would help I think, because those variations could be loaded into xml files.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #46
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Yeah, but the point is that any custom view you set up should stick for the screen you set it up for.
It does for me because my custom views are named Batting Stats 1 and Pitching Stats 1. Same for default.

If you don't like the information given by the default views, change it and enjoy what you prefer.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #47
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
It does for me because my custom views are named Batting Stats 1 and Pitching Stats 1. Same for default.

If you don't like the information given by the default views, change it and enjoy what you prefer.
That isn't really what we're talking. The problem is that when you click on, for example, the "pitching staff" tab, quite often you will get the "All batters" list, or you'll get the pitchers, but get "Batting Stats 1" as the view. Unless you set it otherwise, the view for the "pitching staff" tab should be "All Pitchers" and "Pitching Stats 1".

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #48
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

(1) Tie-breaking. (I've been on about this one for literally years. ) I won't post details here—there have been numerous examples posted in the forum over the years—but I have the information needed to get this area right.

(2) Split seasons. While not a factor at the major league level, in the minors the split-season format has a long history and is widely used. The game does not really treat each half as its own 'season' as it should in regards to playoff races (e.g. magic numbers, news stores, etc.), the playoff setup options for the mode are lacking, nor can one do something as simple as switch between the first half, second half, and overall standings. (I've been on about that for some time as well.)
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #49
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger300 View Post
Fix modern-day playoff pitching rotations. If team has a 4 pitcher rotation use the fourth pitcher.
Ooh, yes, I'd forgotten about this one. This is the true definition of a "legacy issue," since it's been this way for as long as I can remember.

Modern teams don't traditionally use 3-man rotations in the playoffs. It's a bizarre design feature of OOTP. The simple solution is to allow us to set the postseason rotation the same way we can currently set most other roster options.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #50
JMDurron
All Star Starter

1) Track Grand Slams as an offensive statistic, complete with league records.

2) Add defensive efficiency as something that is viewable in the Almanac/History of a season. Once the season ends, and the stat falls off the team home screen, I cannot find the record for this statistic anywhere, while all of the less-insightful statistics are saved.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #51
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Let me set minor league age limits.

It doesn't have to be accurate to real life. Just let me control the maximum age a player can be to start the season.
^ This
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #52
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack View Post
Career. Ending. Injuries. Too frequent. Too abrupt. Too sad.
You can reduce the frequency of CEIs or eliminate them completely just by editing.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #53
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Would like to be able to delete one coach at a time or mass select a few.

Would like the game to be able to skip the 5th starter (depending on your rotation size). Right now with start highest rested and SP pitch in relief in modern times it will skip the #1 then have him pitch in relief throwing off my entire rotation for weeks at a time.

Better scheduling features. Why have all night games? Would like to be able to schedule Cubs to have more Day games then night games. It takes a long time to do manual changes.

Pre 1900 needs to be completely reworked. Would be great to start with NA have NL come in at 1876 then AA in 1882 and perhaps other leagues. Right now it has the White Sox as a new team in 1882 and ignores many of the original NA & NL teams.

Ability to use custom DB's, namely Spritze HS for random Debut.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #54
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Agreed. The pitching staff screen should always default to "All Pitchers" and "Pitching stats 1", and the lineups should always default to "All Batters" and "Batting stats 1"
False...I use custom views for my pitching and batting screens and would hate to have to constantly select them from the drop down menu. It's bad enough I have to occasionally toggle between lineups and pitching staff to get the correct view. Let's just fix that it should remember whatever view you had last selected for that screen.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #55
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Shutdown View Post
False...I use custom views for my pitching and batting screens and would hate to have to constantly select them from the drop down menu. It's bad enough I have to occasionally toggle between lineups and pitching staff to get the correct view. Let's just fix that it should remember whatever view you had last selected for that screen.
That's fine, yes. But, if you haven't set anything else, it should default to what I suggested.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #56
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Quote:
That's fine, yes. But, if you haven't set anything else, it should default to what I suggested.
Yeah I see others already responded with what I did. Too quick of a trigger finger.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:07 AM   #57
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

and this

Baseball News Network - Baseball

come on man.

what's wrong with OOTP News Network

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:24 AM   #58
pjh5165
Major Leagues

NRIs and split-squads for spring training have been asked about for as long as I can remember

Last edited by pjh5165; 01-17-2014 at 09:54 AM.
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #59
bailey
Hall Of Famer

1) I would like to be able to save my customized views in a file and be able to import them into a new version.

2) Many of the default views have uniform number and not age. Replace uniform number with age wherever possible in the default views.

3) Local Popularity is missing from the Profile page. I think this is an oversight because national popularity is listed (in personal details) and on my screen there are 2 lines leftover for local popularity. Hate seeing my fan interest crash after I trade a locally popular player. Alternatively, see local popularity when looking at your own player, and national popularity when looking at a player on another team. (if there is no room for both).

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #60
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post

Did you do something to specifically make those views ALWAYS appear? I have my own custom views (not named Batting Stats 1 and Pitching Stats 1) and sometimes they appear and sometimes the Stats 1 views appear. And sometimes it's an offensive view when I go to the pitching staff screen, and vice versa.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote