Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Ike348
All Star Starter

The OOTP8 Thread

Let me start off by saying that this thread should belong in the "Earlier versions" forum, but I feel that more people check here than the other one. If the moderators want to move this to that forum, I don't have a problem with it.

The sole purpose of this thread is to post mods and other things that work with OOTP8 and are now outdated. After 13 and maybe 12, 8 is probably the most common out-of-date version of OOTP that is still being played. The biggest reason is that it is free, but also because, for some users like me, it is the only option compatible with our PowerPC Macs.

When I first got OOTP8, I was frustrated by the lack of mods for this game. While graphics such as logos, caps, and jerseys (though not road jerseys) will all work on 8, mods for editing your world, among other things, won't.

Also, quickstarts, rosters, and databases made for OOTP14 will not work with 8.

Things to post here:
- Mods for OOTP8 that are outdated and will not work with newer versions (world files)
- Quickstarts
- Rosters
- Databases (There is a Gambo DB made for 8, but it is way out of date compared to the latest one)

Also, this is a place where we can discuss how to get around features missing in OOTP8. For example, how do you make your own baseball cards? How do you factor for the outdated AI?
Is there a way that you import a later season into the game, for example, 2010?

If you have any outdated mods lying around that have no use now but had a use 6 years ago, feel free to post them here! Sooner or later I can post some stuff I made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
hallissyc
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Nothing is posted...I have 13 and 14, but had downloaded 8 and couldn't mod it. I wanted to, but couldn't figure it out.
hallissyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
Ike348
All Star Starter

Most of my leagues are only for me, but I will start working on a negro league database and possibly figure a way to get newer years into the game when I get the chance.

I do have some leagues that I could easily zip up and post here. They are:

- Sinistral/Dextral Baseball Leagues
This is a league based of Craig Robinson of Flip Flop Fly Ball's idea of a league where everybody is left-handed in batting and throwing. This does take manual work such as editing everybody in the draft pools to be a lefty. The flip-side is the Dextral Baseball League, where everybody is right-handed. There are 6 teams in each league, 2 divisions of 3 teams in each league. Starts in 1939. I will post a link soon. I need to find real jerseys as the current ones are made in-game using the default template.

- SOM 42 Old-Timers' League
This league includes all 42 teams in Strat-o-Matic's Old-Timers Teams set. (Link to follow). They are divided into the A.L. and N.L. with 20 and 22 teams respectively. Aging and development are turned off, as well as morale, personality, and financials. Each team has only the 20 players included in their SOM sets. I am still working on a schedule.

- United States Baseball Leagues
The main thing behind the USBL is that the United States is split up into 52 nations: 50 states, D.C., and the territories (all grouped into one). Each state has it's own team, which plays in the states largest city and has a nickname based off the state's nickname. Possible expansion could be adding a team in D.C. and in the territories.

This league is run like a normal league, financials, aging, personality, morale, etc. all turned on. This league is pretty much finished.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
Ike348
All Star Starter

I have the USBL mod available, too. It includes Questdog's amazing names.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
ravinhood
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I still like 6.5 best, This OOTPBB 13 has too much busy stuff. Plus in 6.5 if I had good pitchers they pitched like it and if I had good hitters they hit like it but in 13 I have some of the best pitchers in the game and you wouldn't believe all the walks and passed balls and wild pitches and homeruns they all give up and I have some of the best batters in the league and .300 batters when I get them hit .171 or .200 crapola. It's plum damn ridiculous sometimes. I never had that happen in 6.5 or other computer programs like Front Page Sports Baseball (best damn baseball sim all around, has great graphics and good stats, and not 10,000 things to have to keep up with). Sorry Markus, but, it's as I've said many times the more sequels of a game you have the worse it gets. Look at HOMM's, AOW's, CIV's and so on. . You could have just updated the stats every year and stuck with 6.5 for all I care now.
ravinhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
Jamesbrice
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinhood View Post
I still like 6.5 best, This OOTPBB 13 has too much busy stuff. Plus in 6.5 if I had good pitchers they pitched like it and if I had good hitters they hit like it but in 13 I have some of the best pitchers in the game and you wouldn't believe all the walks and passed balls and wild pitches and homeruns they all give up and I have some of the best batters in the league and .300 batters when I get them hit .171 or .200 crapola. It's plum damn ridiculous sometimes. I never had that happen in 6.5 or other computer programs like Front Page Sports Baseball (best damn baseball sim all around, has great graphics and good stats, and not 10,000 things to have to keep up with). Sorry Markus, but, it's as I've said many times the more sequels of a game you have the worse it gets. Look at HOMM's, AOW's, CIV's and so on. . You could have just updated the stats every year and stuck with 6.5 for all I care now.

I have read your post and totally agree with you. Nice sharing.

Jamesbrice is offline   Reply With Quote