Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:59 PM   #161
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
I am new to perfect team, but the first week or so has seen a trickling of PP every day, maybe 800 to 1000 for the entire day.

But I just got home, pulled up my team (Battery Point Knuckleheads), and to my surprise, saw 11,609 PP!

I pulled up the history, and for some reason, I have gotten two gold and five silver achievements during day today --- bizarre. Now I have to figure out what I am going to do with all those points... I could get a platinum player or several gold with that amount. Any suggestions?

Congratulations!

It sounds like your team is playing super well. I wish mine was!

If you go to "Main"--"Perfect Team Home Screen" it will list all of your team's achievements.

On the same page, "Main"--"Perfect Team Home Screen" it will show the results of your team's last played game.

If you select "Box Score", and you scroll to the very bottom of that page, it will list any achievements that your team received for that game however, it will not list how much PP you were awarded.

As for suggestions as to what to do with all of that PP, if it was me, I would look through my team's rosters and look at the players stats, and figure out where your teams weaknesses are and try to purchase those type of players from the AH (Auction House).

I bought alot of Foil Packs with earned PP, in Perfect Team 19, and I had horible luck getting players to fit this style of league.

I decided that in Perfect Team 20, I'm strictly aquiring players in the auction house as there is alot less risk, from my POV.

One thing to remember, just because you buy a player in the Auction House who is rated really well, that does not guarantee that he will play well for your team.

From what I have seen in the past, it is very rare to see a player do very well year after year. They will be up and down, just like real MLB players.

It is safe to say that every year at least 1/3 of you teams players, will not do well.

The "fun" part is trying to find out who will be playing well, and who will be riding the bench, and trying to make the proper adjustments in a timely manner.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:59 PM   #162
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
I am new to perfect team, but the first week or so has seen a trickling of PP every day, maybe 800 to 1000 for the entire day.

But I just got home, pulled up my team (Battery Point Knuckleheads), and to my surprise, saw 11,609 PP!

I pulled up the history, and for some reason, I have gotten two gold and five silver achievements during day today --- bizarre. Now I have to figure out what I am going to do with all those points... I could get a platinum player or several gold with that amount. Any suggestions?
Dude what achievements did you get?
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:20 PM   #163
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Dude what achievements did you get?
Last season my Entry Level team got 4K points out of a 29-5 victory. As it turns out I'm in the same league as Battery Park so I snooped around and saw that he won a game 27-6 so I'm betting that's where most of the PP came from.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:20 PM   #164
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Yep, Charlatan, that's the game that did it. In that one game, I won the following achievements:

Pounding (Gold): 3000 (27 runs scored)
Hot Bat (Gold): 2000 --- player went 6 for 6 with 5 RBIs and 5 Runs
Double Digits (Silver): 400 --- Scored 12 runs in one inning
In The Wheelhouse (Silver) 400
Rout (Silver): 400
Score at Will (Silver): 400

plus a number of bronze achievements, totalling about 500 points.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:25 PM   #165
allenciox
All Star Reserve

I have been going through the auction house, already bought Hanley Ramirez (rating=87, awesome hitting, but average fielding shortstop that will become a good second baseman --- in time, but he'll stink up the field until then). Getting ready to bid to possibly get my first diamond player (Starting Pitcher) in about 20 minutes or so. Also looking at upgrading 3B and C through Auction House.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:07 PM   #166
Treydmarq
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is something I am very interested in getting my 2nd and possibly 3rd teams into (my first team is money spent).

By the end of tonight/end of tomorrow night I am sure I can have both teams set up.

One team is the Central Bobcats, ID anicolausk.

The other team is the Troy Trojans, ID treydmarq2.
Treydmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:11 PM   #167
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treydmarq View Post
This is something I am very interested in getting my 2nd and possibly 3rd teams into (my first team is money spent).

By the end of tonight/end of tomorrow night I am sure I can have both teams set up.

One team is the Central Bobcats, ID anicolausk.

The other team is the Troy Trojans, ID treydmarq2.

You'll have the rest of this week to get things setup.

The earliest you can get into "Our League" would be early Monday morning.

Just keep us posted.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:31 PM   #168
Treydmarq
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok, they will definitely be ready by then.

Feel free to add me to the list. Pumped to play in a league like this. Should be a ton of fun and have a lot of different looking teams.
Treydmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:40 AM   #169
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Road Dogs Enjoy Home Cooking

Attachment 617294Asheboro, the last team to begin their Our League schedule, opened in style, taking 3-of-4 four from the visiting Stephensville Bears at the Ballpark of Asheboro to debut in second, tied with the Mudville Muffins at a .750 winning percentage. The standings are below.

Best of Today's Sims (BOTS)

Daytona Beach Park was the site of the BOTS, with the Pickleballers entertaining the Arkham Horror, who threw a scare into the home fans, mounting a late rally, before falling in 14 innings, 4-3.

Hoyt Wilhelm, who followed Clem Labine's six shutout frames with a scoreless 7th, issued a lead-off walk to Arkham's Johnny Edwards. Omar Vizquel and Ken Berry followed with singles to load the bases. After a brief mound visit, Wilhelm settled down to strike out Juan Soto, but then walked Gil Hodges to cut the lead in half at 2-1. Al Smith lined a single into center, scoring Vizquel and Berry, putting the Horror in front before Wilhelm could escape.

In the home 9th, Paul Lo Duca, Sammy Sosa, and Earle Combs slapped consecutive singles off Sparky Lyle, with Combs' safety scoring Lo Duca to tie the score at 3, and send the game into extra innings.

Neither team mounted a serious threat until the bottom of the 14th when, with two outs, Arkham brought in Ron Perranoski, to turn around switch-hitting Wes Parker to his "weaker" right side and with lefty Mark Teahen on deck. The strategy went horribly wrong when Teahen followed a Parker double with a drive into the gap in left-center, racing to third as Parker sent the screaming Beachcombers (the Daytona Fan Club) home in delight. Fan Club President, Margaret Vitaville summed up the mood in a single exclamation, "Whoooooeee!"
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:52 AM   #170
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Wow!... Great write up.. Yes that game was a huge highlight for me.. enjoyed watching the replay..
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #171
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

I was just looking at my second team and thinking about switching it over to join this league. It would mean giving up a few good cards, but what the heck.

Then I drew a 100 Chris Sale card...sigh. Now what to do?

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:09 AM   #172
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
I was just looking at my second team and thinking about switching it over to join this league. It would mean giving up a few good cards, but what the heck.

Then I drew a 100 Chris Sale card...sigh. Now what to do?
Think of him as funding for your team!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #173
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Do we have our own DISCORD channel or anything? That might be fun.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS

Old 04-03-2019, 12:14 PM   #174
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

I just added this message to the Perfect Team forum:

Add "EXCLUDE" to Auction House Filters

If you think this would be useful, how about giving it a like or whatever - hopefully that will bring it to the attention of the powers that be.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS

Old 04-03-2019, 01:00 PM   #175
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
Do we have our own DISCORD channel or anything? That might be fun.
that is an awsome idea!
Old 04-03-2019, 01:22 PM   #176
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

I made one called Our OTPXX League. Here is an invite link for everyone:

https://discord.gg/XRM7YRc

(and as I type this, Stephenson is mauling my Horrors...)

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS

Old 04-03-2019, 01:26 PM   #177
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
After my first foray through the teams on the list, here's how we stand:

I188 - six teams, with Asylum ineligible for at least awhile. They do allow me, however to see the league reports, so I can do the standings. Arkham, as noted above, needs to swap out one live player. Gotham has several Live, so they're ineligible. That leaves:

Mudville, Battery Point, Daytona Beach, Stephensville, Asheboro, Waffletown

In S263 we have:

Port Ruppert, Campbell, Kaneohe, Seattle, with Terra Incognita, another of my teams I can't manage just yet, ineligible.

In B250 we have:

Shasta, Aina Haina, Paololo, Cooper. Since I can't view team vs. team reports or schedules for that league, someone else will have to do that. I would be happy to compile the standings if you want to send me the Our League results. You would also need to scan the rosters to make sure there are no Live or Future Legends.

I must add that it was a joy to scan the rosters of the teams I could see, and see the diversity of players, unlike the round up of usual suspects you see throughout other teams.

Finally, Wheatland is in G309, and Philadelphia I249, so we will keep them on the list and meet up with them down the road.

Will try to post standings and how many Our League games each team is scheduled for later tonight, or before leaving in the morning. There are three Our Leagues up and running.

Good luck to all.
I can monitor B250
Old 04-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #178
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Okay, the discord server has now been tested and is fully functional! Stop by for a visit and a chance to talk some baseball with fellow fans.

https://discord.gg/XRM7YRc

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS

Old 04-03-2019, 07:03 PM   #179
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Personal to omgpuppies

I (think) I sent you a private message with an e-mail to use to send me the Our League records. I'm not the most tech savvy person sometimes. Thanks for pitching in.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:33 PM   #180
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Kaneohe Takes the High Road in Our League Debut

The Kaneohe Mokes faced the prospect of three away games against the league leaders to start their Our League season, and proved to be adept road warriors, taking 2-of-3 from the Seattle Pilots. They then split a two-game home series with the Campbell Gunners to end the day with the slimmest of margins at the top of the standings.

Best of Today's Sim (BOTS)

Dennis Martinez earned the Mokes a BOTS with a route-going, three-hit shutout over the Gunners in a 7-0 win. Kaneohe had their power on display, plating all their runs on a trio of round trippers. Juan Gonzalez hit a three-run laser in the home first, providing Martinez with all the offense he would need. Steve Garvey gilded the margin with a home run leading off the bottom of the fourth. Just four batters later, Earle Combs wrapped the game up and tied it with a ribbon with another three-run blast.

The standings:
Attached Images