Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:31 AM   #1
zoetus
Bat Boy

Match engine?

Have never bought the game, but as a longtime player of games like Football Manager and EHM I was sort of disappointed to find that FHM5 still lacks a true match engine. I don't even mean 3d, I'm not looking for NHL 19 here, but just something that can show you the positions of all the players on the ice and how they move around. For me this is what makes games like Football Manager compelling, because all I have to do to get feedback on tactical effectiveness is just watch the game and see what the players are doing. In FHM it seems like all we get is shots and shot positions. If FHM had an EHM-style match engine I would auto-purchase it every season.

I hate to pile on with the negativity especially since I have never owned the game, but I guess just for me it is a deal breaker. Curious what others think who perhaps have played games that have a true match engine. It seems sort of weird that FM, EHM, and even OOTP have had this for quite some time and in hockey it's so important to see how the game is flowing.
zoetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #2
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

I'm sure it's on the list, but FHM has a relatively small team so they have to prioritise what they want to work on and release on each game. And given it's a relatively young game and I'd imagine making a 2d match view is a pretty big task I can understand why it's not happened as of now.

For me personally, it's not a massive deal. I'd like to see a 2d match view like on EHM, but I'd much rather FHM continue to work on other parts of the game and continue to improve the match engine (in terms of stats etc) before seeing a 2d match view come as that is more the core of the game while I see the 2d match view as more of a cosmetic thing.

Last edited by Saul Goodman; 10-11-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #3
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I would love too see player's current overall stats,standings,teams W-L-T(OTL) record and out of town scores on the match engine.

The goalie stats should be up to the minute(Save pct./GAA avg.) rather than what's on the current match engine.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #4
seven
All Star Reserve

What you're asking for would be ideal for me as well. That aspect of the game did not advance much in FHM5, and in fact a couple of useful details went away in this version. But I believe the crew will move this game closer toward the ideal we'd like to see in future iterations. That's why I've bought into the game since the first FHM. Progress is being made!
seven is offline   Reply With Quote