Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
Senko1291
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just a few things!

Hello all!

Been playing FHM 5 for a few days and overal I can say I am very pleased. I love how the in game tactics have been simplified. Makes it a lot easier to be a GM + Head Coach. In every version before this one I couldn’t ever seem to find the right balance on in game tactics so I would always seem to get destroyed if I didn’t have a head coach take control of it for me but then they would use god awful line combo’s. This seems to help that a bunch so thank you.

A few things that may or may not be a concern. You may or may not know about these and if you do and there is already a fix coming I apologize.

1) After the 1st season playoff stats are all 0 after the cup has been won. (I like to go back and see who stepped up in the playoffs). I think the first year was fine but now I am starting my 4th season and I haven’t been able to see them since. I would assume you should be able to see those all the way up until July 1 when the season restarts?

2) Backups constantly outplaying the starter. I know this was mentioned in another thread but just in case it wasn’t seen, there is an obvious issue with the way the engine is determining starter vs. backup stats.

3) After the first season the scoring seems to go way up. The first season was great. After that I had pretty much the same team come back the following year and have multiple games where we were scoring 7+ goals. I think that year there were 10+ players with over 100pts and McJesus topped out with 131. Not sure if we would see that in today’s game.

4) Is there any way to not have to keep assigning recall’s a number every time they come back up to the big league?

5) Any future idea’s of being able to have a player play through a small injury? Not sure my top D man is going to miss 3 days in the playoffs due to a black eye. Having to switch those guys about and then going it and redoing all the lines again just for 1 game get’s a tad tedious. Just my 2 cents on that.

6) and seen to be the biggest issue again this year is top prospects becoming FA after their rookie contracts. Hague and some other 3.5 or 4.0 star potentional guys are becoming FA’s for whatever reason and the teams are signing older vets or other players off the FA list. Doesn’t seem quite as bad this year but maybe still something to fine tune.

Other than those few things and maybe some other small things I am forgetting which I will post about as I recall them, I am enjoying this game a TON. Great job team. We appreciate all the hard work put into making FHM the best hockey sim game out there.

Last edited by Senko1291; 10-10-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Senko1291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:36 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

0-playoff stats bug was fixed earlier today, I think it'll be in the update.

We had a problem in beta testing with the top starters getting far too many GP (high 70's for many). The fix may have made it too likely for backups to get used, particularly in the playoffs, I'm looking at how to adjust that now.

The scoring increase in early seasons is a little more complex, but I think we're starting to get it reined in. The test game I have running now has reduced it noticeably, the 2019-20 top 10 scorers were in pretty much the same range as the real 2017-18 ones (93-110 points vs 92-108.) There are some issues with excessive player potential in the early years that are going to take a little longer to work out, although I may have come up with a way to minimize the effects.

We've had a few requests about the number thing, I'll see if there's a way we can allow that to be delegated to the assistant.

The black eye injury shouldn't ever result in games missed, it has the lowest possible injury level - we'll have to have a look and see if something's going wrong there.

Some of the expiring rookie contract thing was a data issue, but I'm contuining to keep an eye on it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:55 PM   #3
Senko1291
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The black eye injury shouldn't ever result in games missed, it has the lowest possible injury level - we'll have to have a look and see if something's going wrong there.
Oh no I was just using that injury as an example. (First one that came to mind. Something like a sore shoulder or something small like that I think is probably more what I am thinking of. An injury that could be played through instead of getting put on the shelf for a few days. Maybe just electing them to play through it but at half the fitness level maybe or something along those lines.

Appreciate all the hard work Jeff. You guys have done a great job.
Senko1291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:29 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

It pretty much does that already - serious injuries will downgrade to less serious as the player get close to returning, and at that point you can decide whether to put him in the lineup (at a higher injury risk) or wait until he's fully healthy.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote