Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 03-03-2018, 11:01 AM   #1
benis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Request: 16 teams, 84 games

Didn't see anything like this on the schedule list, but here's the schematics:

16 teams
1 conference
4 divisions of 4 teams

Each team would play every team in their division 12 times (6 home/6 away), one other division (this rotates, like the nfl does) 6 times (3 home/3 away), and the other 2 divisions 3 times (4 teams with 3 games at home, 4 teams with 3 games away)
benis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by benis View Post
Didn't see anything like this on the schedule list, but here's the schematics:

16 teams
1 conference
4 divisions of 4 teams

Each team would play every team in their division 12 times (6 home/6 away), one other division (this rotates, like the nfl does) 6 times (3 home/3 away), and the other 2 divisions 3 times (4 teams with 3 games at home, 4 teams with 3 games away)
This schedule is very close and just would need to add 1 week to cover the 2 series not in the schedule. It can be modified and the days renumbered. Take a look at the comments and you can see what I am talking about. Then all it would take is to rotate the divisions by changing the team numbers 1-8 are in one subleague now, so the second season you change 5-8 to 9-12 and the next 5-8 to 13-16. This will change the matchups to your liking. Well review this schedule, I don't create new schedules but I am very comfortable with excel and can modify most schedules to work. Don't worry about it being 2 subleagues this is an easy fix. Renumbering the days is easy also using a table in excel. I would give everyone Thursday off and then after the schedule is complete take some of the Monday games each week and have them put to Thursday. This will give you 6 games a week, but games played on each day.

6 schedules will be created to rotate the divisions and to also "flip" the games to balance out the games where they only go 3h or 3a. Once I fix the first I can do the other 5 in minutes by using tables and changing the values for each lookup for each schedule. You are probably not playing an All-Star Game so 3 game days can go there and then add the second 3 game series needed any where in the schedule before the renumbering. After I create the "base" schedule I will randomize the team numbers by division, so that the divisions are not exact copies of each other (now when 1-2 plays, 9-10 plays). I would change this so that there is no obvious pattern to the schedules.

This may be easy to do. Time consuming but easy.....

One other thing with no 7-game weeks the season would be a 14 weeks long, but this is only 1 week less than if you had 7 game weeks and this would require a re-write and have the division that go 3h/3a to go 4h/2a or 2h/4a - too complicated for me.....

Let me know what you think about this modification. Sorry that this is such a long reply, but I want to make sure 1) you are okay with my suggestions 2) this is what you want for the schedule. Also I am a bit busy so I could only put about an hour or so a day until completed. Expected time would be about 3-4 days maybe sooner if testing goes well. Here is the schedule I plan to modify.

James
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G78_SL1_D1_T4_D2_T4_SL2_D1_T4_D2_T4_C_a1_gmo.lsdl (31.6 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 03-03-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Schedules completed

Here is the 6 rotating schedules for your league. All tests looked good in the game. If anyone wants to use this for a 2 league 8 teams per you can edit the top of the file and take the games from days 50-53 add them to the end of the schedule using days 99-102. Change allstar game day to day 51. You would only need to use schedules s1 and s1f.

I have commented the files using gmo standards as a template. Love having comments in the schedule.

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 03-20-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote