Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLBM 2018 - General Discussions

MLBM 2018 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2018, the baseball management game for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:01 PM   #1
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Can we transfer in progress games?

Sebastian.......Can we transfer in progress games? Or do we have to finish them on whatever version that they were created?

Thx
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Sorry, I don´t understand the question.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:29 PM   #3
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Sorry, I don´t understand the question.
I am into my 3rd season of my 60s league. In prior years we sent you an email proving that we've bought all of the seasons which enables us to play those seasons, but not continue the leagues we've started.

However, unlike the PC game,
MLBMgr never had an import feature, so we always had to start 'fresh' with that version's year. Therefore, I have to finish my leagues on whatever particular version I started it on. For instance, this 60s league was started on 2015. If I buy this version (which I did), I assume that I can't import the one started in 2015?

It is a VERY big annoyance, but I guess Apple keeps the game from being able to do that?

Last edited by Leefoo; 03-30-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:35 PM   #4
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
I am into my 3rd season of my 60s league. In prior years we sent you an email proving that we've bought all of the seasons which enables us to play those seasons, but not continue the leagues we've started.

However, unlike the PC game,
MLBMgr never had an import feature, so we always had to start 'fresh' with that version's year. Therefore, I have to finish my leagues on whatever particular version I started it on. For instance, this 60s league was started on 2015. If I buy this version (which I did), I assume that I can't import the one started in 2015?

It is a VERY big annoyance, but I guess Apple keeps the game from being able to do that?

I'm curious, why do you even want to continue your 16 league on 17? What is the upside to doing so?
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:42 PM   #5
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
I'm curious, why do you even want to continue your 16 league on 17? What is the upside to doing so?
When you have more than one league going that was started on prior versions of the game, it is unwieldy keeping several versions of the game on my IPAD. It would be nice to have them all under one app.

Plus, I had a couple of leagues going on the 2014 version. In 2015, they introduced the editor. It would've been nice to have that editor feature for those two leagues.

Additionally, as with the PC version, it is always nicer to have the latest and greatest features.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:46 PM   #6
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
When you have more than one league going that was started on prior versions of the game, it is unwieldy keeping several versions of the game on my IPAD. It would be nice to have them all under one app.

Plus, I had a couple of leagues going on the 2014 version. In 2015, they introduced the editor. It would've been nice to have that editor feature for those two leagues.

Additionally, as with the PC version, it is always nicer to have the latest and greatest features.

Sure all makes sense to me.

I was just curious since there really weren't any upgrades why you'd even bother dealing with the hassle of trying to get your 16 game to 17.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:50 PM   #7
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
Sure all makes sense to me.

I was just curious since there really weren't any upgrades why you'd even bother dealing with the hassle of trying to get your 16 game to 17.
I wanted to see the new design. But, that is why I didn't buy 2016.....no new features, not even a new design.

But, in the long run, I can live with 2015 and 2017 on my IPad...I just wished that I didn't have to do it that way.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #8
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I wanted to see the new design. But, that is why I didn't buy 2016.....no new features, not even a new design.

But, in the long run, I can live with 2015 and 2017 on my IPad...I just wished that I didn't have to do it that way.

Sure

I buy it every year to support the company.

At some point (I hope) they're gonna take what is an amazing game on its own to a new level.

Just disappointed with the past two years.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:57 PM   #9
dales
Bat Boy

I learned a method on this forum last year. I backed up my phone to iTunes with both games installed. Then I used a utility that allowed me to see the contents of the backup and copy the saved games into the backup of the new game. Then I restored my phone in iTunes from the backup. That worked going from 15 to 16. I don't know enough about 17 yet to know if saved games transferred this way would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:18 PM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

As far as I know it is possible to transfer saves from version to version with the help of 3rd party tools. But it is nothing Apple supports, so we can´t support it ourself (but strictly from a game standpoint saves are compatible).
Old 03-31-2017, 06:59 PM   #11
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales View Post
I learned a method on this forum last year. I backed up my phone to iTunes with both games installed. Then I used a utility that allowed me to see the contents of the backup and copy the saved games into the backup of the new game. Then I restored my phone in iTunes from the backup. That worked going from 15 to 16. I don't know enough about 17 yet to know if saved games transferred this way would work.

What did you use exactly? Thanks.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:42 PM   #12
dales
Bat Boy

IMazing and BackupBot. Click on my name to find my posts from last year on this.

dales is offline   Reply With Quote