Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 03-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
blade813
Minors (Single A)

spring training schedule

is it possible to create your own spring training schedule ? so far it seems that its random and i'm playing teams that play in Cactus League when my team (Atl) is in Grapefruit League.

also i set my active roster limit to 50 and secondary roster limit to 70 to simulate spring training games that use numerous rookies/minor leaguers/ect. will i be able to set this back to 25/40 when regular season starts ?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

There is a way to create games in schedule files that are supposed to be considered spring training games. However, I am not sure if the game is actually configured to handle them or, if it is, how it would handle them (separate spring training schedule file or from same file as the regular season). My guess is the game only handles only its own randomly generated schedules, but I will try to play around and figure it out.

As for the roster thing, you can only change a lot of settings at certain times like offseason and/or preseason. The main forum would probably be a better place to find the answer. Or you could make a test league and run it through a year seeing when the roster limits are allowed to be changed.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Once I sat down and thought about this I came to be pretty well certain that spring training schedules cannot be imported at this point in the game's evolution. Little of this explanation is likely to mean anything to you, but I want to get these notes down.

A schedule must be set with the same number of games as set in the league settings, so a 24-game schedule would not load into a 162-game league. Game day numbers in the schedule file cannot be less than 1, so spring training games cannot be added to the front of a regular season schedule file. Conceivably spring training games could be set to start on day 1 with the regular season starting on day 31, but from what I understand of the separation between ST and the regular season, that will not work.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
blade813
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
Once I sat down and thought about this I came to be pretty well certain that spring training schedules cannot be imported at this point in the game's evolution. Little of this explanation is likely to mean anything to you, but I want to get these notes down.

A schedule must be set with the same number of games as set in the league settings, so a 24-game schedule would not load into a 162-game league. Game day numbers in the schedule file cannot be less than 1, so spring training games cannot be added to the front of a regular season schedule file. Conceivably spring training games could be set to start on day 1 with the regular season starting on day 31, but from what I understand of the separation between ST and the regular season, that will not work.
Thanks for the response on this gmo. Not sure how i missed it before but came across it this morning doing some other research on schedules. Is the separation between spring training and regular season issue a problem because of statistics and or standings? I cant remember if there is a way to clear player stats/standings for just a season. If so, maybe its possible to do as you said with starting ST on day 1 and regular season on day 31 or whatever, depending on how long you want your ST to last. Then during the off days before regular season clear out all accumulated stats. Maybe i will test this later today when i get home.

One other question regarding the schedules. Do the series typically follow the structure of todays MLB schedule where 3 game series are played either Fri/Sat/Sun or Mon/Tues/Wed or Tues/Wed/Thurs with off days usually on Monday and Thursdays ? When i was playing around with my fictional league it seemed like the series would often start on a saturday or sunday. I guess this would change from year to year, depending on the start date and what day it fell on. If I start on the appropriate day, does the schedule follow along with that structure?

By the way, thanks for all of your work creating the custom schedules. I'm sure everyone appreciates it, i know i do. I have been working on a 36 team league with 2 leagues, each with 3 divisions of 6 and started getting concerned about how to make a legit schedule, but i found exactly what i needed in your list!

Thanks again,

greg

Last edited by blade813; 04-28-2009 at 09:22 AM.
blade813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Without really refreshing myself on this topic, I will mention that I have given up on spring training schedules for now. My feeling is that the game has some "hooks" coded in that would be needed for them, but not everything that would be need. What is has is necessary but not sufficient, you could say.

I do not believe the internal schedule generator takes into account days of the week as you describe. There is currently a parameter that can be set so that a schedule file can begin always the first Monday of April rather than simply April 1 every year. That allows days of the week to remain consistent and familiar season-to-season. When I make schedules I try (unless something else was specified or it is just not feasible given the full set of parameters) to adhere to the modern MLB-like pattern of one early-week series starting Monday or Tuesday and one late-week series ending on Sunday. Many of my techniques are geared toward that format, so that is the "easy" way for me to work.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #6
blade813
Minors (Single A)

thanks for the info ! so far the schedules i downloaded seem to be following the traditional format. thanks again for your hard work.