Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 05-08-2020, 10:53 PM   #1
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

What is going on here?

I have set up an MLB type league with a Japanese League (and their minors), The Korean League and their 'minors' and the Mexican League but the talent seems to be stronger in the Korean League and Mexican League than the Japanese League.

For instance, if I take Willie Romo from the Mexican League and look at his ratings relative to the Japanese Leagues, his control will go up to 6 on the 2 to 8 scale from his Mexican League rating of 5. If I check it relative to the Korean League, it goes down to 4. It stays the same, 4, in the MLB but his movement goes down to 3 from 4 at the MLB level. In other words, the Korean majors are stronger than the Japanese majors. The Mexican League is stronger skill wise than the Japanese Leagues and it shouldn't be that way, I think.

Anyone know what's going on here?
canadian content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:00 PM   #2
CBeisbol
Banned

I'm not sure, but, I think, you should look at the Sabermetric Modifiers for your leagues to find the relative strengths of each league
https://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com...vanced_players

If you don't like the results, you can change the. But, then, I think, you'll have to recreate the leagues
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 12:01 AM   #3
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian content View Post
I have set up an MLB type league with a Japanese League (and their minors), The Korean League and their 'minors' and the Mexican League but the talent seems to be stronger in the Korean League and Mexican League than the Japanese League.

For instance, if I take Willie Romo from the Mexican League and look at his ratings relative to the Japanese Leagues, his control will go up to 6 on the 2 to 8 scale from his Mexican League rating of 5. If I check it relative to the Korean League, it goes down to 4. It stays the same, 4, in the MLB but his movement goes down to 3 from 4 at the MLB level. In other words, the Korean majors are stronger than the Japanese majors. The Mexican League is stronger skill wise than the Japanese Leagues and it shouldn't be that way, I think.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Did you use the defaults from the wizard or are the japan, Korean and Mexican league created from scratch?

Japan is the top league outside of MLB. Korea and Mexico are pretty close to each other. Korea is a bout .850 while Mexico is .800 but there are twice as many Mexican teams. However twice as many Korean draft rounds since it has 1 minor league. This is all defaults by the way.

If you have the MLB and if its your top league under global settings set it to show ratings relative to MLB.

Reputation is 10-mlb, 9-japan, 8-korea, 7 mexico.

The player creation is 1.00 for all MLB .85 for all korea and .800 for Mexico. Japan by default is all over the place. They have some fields greater then MLB but some lower then Korea. Weird is Japan's avoid K and pitching stuff are really low. Remember PCM is for all draft created players while the sabermetric creation modifiers are for "fill" leagues with player functions.So the leagues have different levels or reputation, pcm's and finances as well. That is what keeps the Mexican league from signing players that should play in Japan and Korea for instance.

PCM's are how ratings relative to league distinguish themselves. So by default its MLB, Japan, Korea, and Mexico. From highest pcm to lowest pcm.

Last edited by jimmysthebestcop; 05-09-2020 at 12:11 AM. Reason: clarity
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 12:13 AM   #4
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Did you use the defaults from the wizard or are the japan, Korean and Mexican league created from scratch?

Japan is the top league outside of MLB. Korea and Mexico are pretty close to each other. Korea is a bout .850 while Mexico is .800 but there are twice as many Mexican teams. However twice as many Korean draft rounds since it has 1 minor league. This is all defaults by the way.

If you have the MLB and if its your top league under global settings set it to show ratings relative to MLB.

Reputation is 10-mlb, 9-japan, 8-korea, 7 mexico.

The player creation is 1.00 for all MLB .85 for all korea and .800 for Mexico. Japan by default is all over the place. They have some fields greater then MLB but some lower then Korea. Weird is Japan's avoid K and pitching stuff are really low. Remember PCM is for all draft created players while the sabermetric creation modifiers are for "fill" leagues with player functions.So the leagues have different levels or reputation, pcm's and finances as well. That is what keeps the Mexican league from signing players that should play in Japan and Korea for instance.

PCM's are how ratings relative to league distinguish themselves. So by default its MLB, Japan, Korea, and Mexico. From highest pcm to lowest pcm.
I used the defaults yet the Korean and Mexican League players are stronger than Japan's players.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:30 AM   #5
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Double check all the pcm numbers. If they are setup correctly then perhaps provide some screenshots.

I mean it's possible for those other leagues to get some players better then Japanese players. But as whole league they should be rated lower.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:24 PM   #6
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Double check all the pcm numbers. If they are setup correctly then perhaps provide some screenshots.

I mean it's possible for those other leagues to get some players better then Japanese players. But as whole league they should be rated lower.

I'll throw up some screenshots in a short while; I suspect there is a bug unless of course I simply do not know what I am doing which is a definite possibility.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #7
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Here are the settings:
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 05-09-2020, 02:15 PM   #8
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Here is one of the Mexican League players and his rating relative to the different leagues:
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 05-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #9
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Here is an MLB type player and his ratings in the majors and what they would be in the Mexican League:
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-09-2020, 04:04 PM   #10
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Mexican League hurler that seemingly has better stuff and control at the MLB level:
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-09-2020, 04:11 PM   #11
CBeisbol
Banned

Where are you in your season?

If you're in spring training, when there are a lot of minor league players on the rosters, that might be effecting the overall ratings for the league
Old 05-09-2020, 04:19 PM   #12
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post

If you're in spring training, when there are a lot of minor league players on the rosters, that might be effecting the overall ratings for the league
I simmed one year in. Everything is backed up so I am thinking of going ahead and just simming ahead several years and taking a look at things then.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #13
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian content View Post
I simmed one year in. Everything is backed up so I am thinking of going ahead and just simming ahead several years and taking a look at things then.
But, where are you in the season?

Again, if you're in spring training or September (with expanded rosters) the overall talent level for MLB will be lower because there will be a lot of minor league players in MLB. That might be skewing the ratings.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:40 PM   #14
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
But, where are you in the season?

December 31st, end of all seasons.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:19 PM   #15
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Again, if you're in spring training or September (with expanded rosters) the overall talent level for MLB will be lower because there will be a lot of minor league players in MLB. That might be skewing the ratings.
I gave things a quick look, busy doing other things while simming, but it looks as though things may have been corrected by simming ahead a few years. Will look at it closer a little later on but I wanted you to know and thank you for the concern and help!
Old 05-09-2020, 06:32 PM   #16
too_on_too_out
Minors (Triple A)

Haven't read the entire thread but I get the same thing in fictional leagues. Typically, player ratings decrease the lower the league reputation and increase the higher the league reputation (difference between levels 2 and 5). I though it might be because I have scout accuracy levels set to low. But now I dunno.
too_on_too_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:21 PM   #17
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Hey, I just grabbed one of your quotes so that you would see this; it looks like things have been worked out with simming ahead several years, I finally have my leagues and logos in place and 15 years of simmed history (with a backup made at the 5 years simmed in mark). I am going to look over the league(s) now to see how things played out. Thanks for chiming in!

A big thank you to those responsible for the cephasjames logo pack.