Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #1
jim255
Minors (Double A)

Interleague schedule help

I just finished a 1954 replay (standard setup of two 8-team leagues) in which I successfully played an interleague schedule. But no matter what I try, I can't get the schedule generator to give me an interleague schedule for 1955, no matter if I check or uncheck Balanced Schedule format. (I'm using Historical, not Fictional--would that make a difference? I believe I used Historical for 1954.)

Any suggestions?
jim255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:14 PM   #2
jim255
Minors (Double A)

Changed 154 games to 162 and got what I wanted.
jim255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:35 AM   #3
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

The in-game schedule generator cannot generate interleague schedules.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:47 AM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

OOTP has a interleague schedule for two 8 team leagues, but it uses a 158 game schedule instead of 154. Teams play 126 games against team in their league and 32 against the teams in other league. Pretty cool, because the interleague games are set to 2 games at home and 2 away, so it's a balanced schedule...

It also comes with 2 different 154 game schedule options using interleague. In one teams play 16 games against league teams and 48 against the other league. In the other teams play 90 against teams in league and 64 against other league.

There's also a nice 144 game schedule available in game as well. Teams play 112 against their league(16) and 32 against other league(4)

Also comes with a 156 game option. 140 games vs league teams, 16 against other league.

There are 3 different options for 162 game schedules. 114 games in league and 48 games other league. 130 games in league. 32 against other league and another that 98 games in league and 64 against the other league.

All of the above are Unbalanced schedules. So if you want to use them make sure you have the box for use balanced schedule format unchecked.

If you prefer a balanced schedule.

There is a 150 game schedule available. 70 games against league and 80 against other league.

I don't see one for a 162 game schedule

If you want to look at the schedules that come with OOTP select edit league schedule from the Options menu. Then select action(upper right hand corner). Then select import from file. This will show you all the schedules that come with OOTP.

For interleague schedules, look for ILY. There will be a list of schedules under ILY_BGN and ILY_BGY. BGN=Unbalanced BGY=Balanced

The number of games comes after the letter G, so G154 means 154 games.

SL stands for Subleague, so SL1 is the first league, SL2 is the second league. D stands for Division. T stands for teams. SL1D1T8SL2D1T8 means you have two leagues with 8 teams in each league.

T16 means the league features 16 teams.

L= how many teams play against teams in their league. I = how many games teams play against teams in the other league.

So ILY_BGN_G158_SL1D1T8SL2D1T8 T16-L126-I132 means the setup you using (1954) with 126 games in league and 32 games against other league.

The main thing to remember is to make sure you have interleague checked and the correct option chosen for balanced or unbalanced.

Last edited by David Watts; 01-26-2020 at 06:43 AM.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote