Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #61
WahooSam309
Minors (Single A)

A territorial draft option, like the NBA once had, would be fun.
WahooSam309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #62
WahooSam309
Minors (Single A)

Or an option for historical owners, at least for the major league teams. That list should be easy to compile and would add immersion for historical play.
WahooSam309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:51 PM   #63
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
For me, the list is getting smaller and smaller but there are still a few definites

More staff. Maybe its my OCD but I hate seeing guys in the Staff FA list that I know are part of a team's staff

So I'd add 1st and 3rd base coaches, bullpen coach and one spot labeled simply coach. I'd also add a team President or assistant GM

I'd also add the ability to GM or manage a team without having to input your own info, basically you step into the shoes of your favorite team's GM or manager without them getting fired.

For guys that are added in the draft that don't sign... I'd add the ability in the editor to add a draft year that they'd be available next.

To stay within baseball's established rules
1) I'd add the ability to place Foreign FAs into the July 2nd amatuer FA pool so that the guidlines in place financially for signing them are upheld.
2) I'd add the ability to create players and place them into the J2 pool.

Pitching changes
1) I'd change velocity to current velocity and future velocity
2) I'd make endurance fluid. that way if I force someone to start a game, they will within 3 to 4 starts have the endurance to be a starter.
3) Opener/Follower should be Primary pitching options as well, not just secondary.

Scenarios
the new Live feature is a good step in the right direction, but I'd make the whole thing easily editable so if I wanted to take the time to enter minor league stats and foreign/Indy stats and standings... It would be easily doable from inside the in-game editor.

FG related
1) Alternate Jerseys and ballcaps
I'd love to see the option for all teams to have a 3rd jersey and major league teams have a 4th

Spring training
1) Have spring training take part in Florida and Arizona for MLB teams with weather and stadiums that show its actually spring training
2) Split squad games
3) the ability to call a minor leaguer up to camp for a single game without counting against roster limits

Feeders
I know Markus believes no one uses them... but...
there just needs to be some simple tweaks to make them more accurate
1) the ability to have college draftees available after both Junior and Senior seasons with the ability for Juniors who don't sign to go back
2) a "force into the draft" button for those handful of stubborn draft eligible sophomores
3) this one also ties into the draft... make it an option for teams to have to manually sign even the later round draft picks so you have more players not signing and going to college from High school. (makes the draft more realistic)

Database
1) for FGs lets get away from the Joe_smith naming across the board. coaches and Perfect team need the ability to use BBRef ID numbers for FGs. I know this seems small but I HATE HATE HATE seeing all the middle names, middle initials and players with the same pictures. This would make my current FG project even better.
2) Let's get rid of the multiple DBs to make modding easier for FGs and Pictures
3) A list of teams that no longer exist and the ability to add their uniforms (Just because it'd be cool to go back and look at them)
4) the ability to shut down franchises, and keep their uniforms and history, not just delete a team

Roster management
The ability to lock a player to a certain minor league team. I play a lot in a "God mode" so to speak where besides my own team, I look after cetain other players across the game's universe and would be nice to not have the player sent down to rookie ball from AA lol

60 day DL in the minors too

Trading
1) trade internation FA money
2) trade competetive balance picks (Which need to be added to the game)
3) 3 team trades

Prospects
1) multiple sources for the prospect lists
2) top 10 by position

Cosmetics
1) the ability to edit the BNN (example make it ESPN or MLB.com or such
2) the ability to edit the sources for Prospects lists (ties into the above idea)
3) make it easy to swap out graphics to go along with the re-namings

Behind the scenes stuff
1. 64 bit code
2. take advantage of modern multiple core/thread processors. Intel and AMD are in a core/thread war. This needs to be leveraged for sim time.
3. Completely updated GUI

I know Markus resists this as needed but something is making the game have sim times and load times that just aren't logical in today's computing world

League Histories
1) ***
2) LMB
3) KBO

these are the must have's but I'd actually like to see league histories for all leagues in the game, even if not a full history, just go back as far as possible

HOF
Get rid of the one HOF combined for all leagues

Indy Leagues
Player/Coaches this is becoming very common in the indy leagues right now

Last edited by qcbandits; 08-05-2019 at 08:44 AM.
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:02 PM   #64
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooSam309 View Post
Or an option for historical owners, at least for the major league teams. That list should be easy to compile and would add immersion for historical play.
I would lie to see this as well.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:52 PM   #65
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBombers7 View Post
That is a pretty broad scope of things. Are you referring to game management, or new animations such as charging the mound?

Once again I'm not seeing anyone mention anything they want added that isn't already in the game.
Probably because we are sick of having to repost over and over and not seeing changes.
Column headers definitions everywhere
Sortable everywhere
sort by multiple cols
Total Grand Slams
Inside park HR
Ground Outs
Line Outs
Fly Outs
Bunt Hits
Bunt attempts
3 inning saves
Sucessful extra bases and attempts
SB.CS when held.....vs R L pitcher
etc

Last edited by fredbeene; 04-19-2019 at 08:12 PM.
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #66
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
league team roster evaluation page-I have 250 plus team leagues and it would be nice too know which teams only have one catcher or one reserve infielder or relief pitchers who are all tired(happens all the time with doubleheaders).

Ability to schedule neutral site games(w/schedule editor). I am not interested in changing stadiums.

A third conference. Probably would take a lot of coding(or something)

Better custom playoff system-Have a blank page(per round) and let me fill in the blanks(larger leagues have playoff problems). It might be fixed on the next update according to Matt Arnold.

Ability to manually rainout games. I do a lot of changes with schedule editor and some teams have played too many games towards the end of the season and if I catch it in time then I could manually postpone it and then make correct changes. Too few games isn't a problem because they can be added at the end of the season.
Longer WS playoff options with double header options
Old 04-19-2019, 07:54 PM   #67
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBombers7 View Post
I honestly like those ideas from both of you. Position rankings and spring training split squads would be a neat addition. You can get historical ballparks through Steam workshop though.
ability to design stadium that has actual effects on game not just cosmetic
Old 04-19-2019, 07:56 PM   #68
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
Right now we have lists of award winners, but not year by year category leaders, so yeah I agree.
Evaluate the custom award...I have no idea to make it.....
Make more awards rather than just the traditional available to all
Old 04-19-2019, 08:00 PM   #69
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doors11 View Post
I've been waiting for some kind of Audio play by play, that can also be changed or modded by changing the sound files like we did for High Heat baseball 2003 that was 16 years ago, also a way to have announcer pictures for each time. instead of the microphone picture i know it can be changed ,but that's for the game not each team.
Yesss Please
And the ability to easily create and edit and share PBP and stories
Old 04-19-2019, 08:02 PM   #70
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless' Socks View Post
IMO...

1. MORE statistics. For a baseball sim, IMO the weakness of OOTP has always been that there aren't enough statistics.
2. Still more AI improvements. It gets better but IMO is still not logical in many aspects.
3. Complete overhaul of financials. The game just does not really understand contracts/finances/ etc.
4. PLEASE improve coaches universally or just get rid of it. IRL, an A ball manager would not be POOR. This is just completely broken and has been forever.
5. Tighten things up. Its still sloppy. Screens display words over other words, until this year the ability to toggle in menus would popup over other menus etc.
6. Ability to sort/search by ANY of the statistics. I should be able to sort/search for anything I want. IT'S A SPREADSHEET.
7. More customization in screens and player screens.
8. Ability to see the entire league's standings from the home screen without toggling League/Standings
9. EASIER mod integration for us non computer savvy folks.
10. Better documentation for things. Better manual and updated etc.
11. Perfect Team being a completely separate game.
I had to reread this twice because i thought i wrote it 4 years ago! : )
Old 04-19-2019, 08:04 PM   #71
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
My biggest wants for a future OOTP:

History for the ***, LMB, Dominican, Puerto Rican, & Korean leagues much as they have done with historical minors. The *** would not be tough to do. The LMB would also be fairly easy back to the 1940's. It gets really messy before that. The KBO s only 37 years old so it should be doable.

Fully fleshed out Spring training. Designated facilities, realisitc spring schedules, etc. Minor League camps. This is more complex than it sounds I know. Probably not practical but you never know. I would LOVE to have this.

I'd love to see ballparks and park factors change as the years progress as they did historically speaking. I realize there are licensing issues with the images and that is why we don't have them in the game. Forget the 3D parks and images... we'll take care of that. Just make it so the park info progresses with time.

Somewhere down the road a in game utility to make or edit 3D parks. I know Markus wants to do this already someday. His dream is our dream too.

And as long as we are wishing my biggest want of all: Voiced PbP. Not speech to test but a real voice. I'd LOVE to export the PbP audio of an OOTP game to my phone or something and listen to it in my car on the way to work. Make that happen and I might even stop caring about real baseball. Maybe someday.

verbatim 4 year wish item
And as long as we are wishing my biggest want of all: Voiced PbP. Not speech to test but a real voice. I'd LOVE to export the PbP audio of an OOTP game to my phone or something and listen to it in my car on the way to work. Make that happen and I might even stop caring about real baseball. Maybe someday
Old 04-19-2019, 08:08 PM   #72
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe55p View Post
Better broadcasting like they have in a game ca;;ed "The Show". Also woukd like to see Live Start in Challenge Mode, for me that only makes sense,
I would stop watching real sports altogether and just watch my world, or a league i was in
Old 04-21-2019, 09:27 AM   #73
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Simple (and related) ones for me: reduce the fatigue accrued from a day spent as DH, and don't count a 1 AB PH appearance as a full day's work. Both are true IRL and strike me as fairly easy to code.
Gruber_Tagged_Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:53 PM   #74
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

The NHL has a option for Draft that can have unsigned prospects but still own rights to guy.
PTBL in Trades.
Minor League portion of Rule 5 Draft.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #75
Gambit
Bat Boy

When expanding a league it would be nice to set/create the associated minor league teams.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:33 PM   #76
Reed
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber_Tagged_Him View Post
Simple (and related) ones for me: reduce the fatigue accrued from a day spent as DH, and don't count a 1 AB PH appearance as a full day's work. Both are true IRL and strike me as fairly easy to code.
I do not play with DH so do not know about that. In my league with OOTP, 1 PH appearance does not count negatively on fatigue. I have seen them become fully rested after 1 PH appearance.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:34 PM   #77
zerfer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Rivalries to spice it up a bit. Been asking for this for a few years now
Old 05-03-2019, 09:38 AM   #78
sabrtoothtiger
Minors (Double A)

1) Keep improving 3D - this gets better and better every single year and is putting the game on a really impressive trajectory. At some point bringing the ability to play multi-player games in 3D would be incredible.

2) Allow the ability to play OOTP games on mobile device - imagine being able to export a week at a time or linking your dynasty to a mobile device. This would have incredible value. This may still be 4-5 years away.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:55 PM   #79
Bub13
All Star Reserve

Some of this repeats what others have said, but anyway...

...more detailed spring training
...year-by-year stat leaders. Want to see with one or two clicks who's led the league in HR since you started? Can't do that now.
...elect managers into the HoF (even just an option on their manager card, rather than a voting list).
...make staff more relevant. Maybe your Asst. GM is a backstabber; maybe add a "President of Baseball Operations" who wants different things than your owner does. Sounds complicated, yes, but might be fun?
...Death. At least for fictional play. Consider it a "permanent suspension."
...speaking of suspensions: non-play-related suspensions for others besides some unfortunate 16-year-old in your International Complex.
Bub13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:55 PM   #80
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

What I want for OOTP 21 is sort of what we saw improved in OOTP 20....more 3D improvements, continued development of the game engine, and keep improving the AI (trade, franchise management etc....).

On the 3D, I do think this in particular needs to take another serious step forward at this point. Although I do appreciate the improvements in 20 such as the fact that it is cleaner, more fluid, there are good new animations and so forth, I think the look of the actual player models on the field, and the stadiums need some attention going into 21.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote