Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 04-26-2017, 01:42 PM   #61
custard48
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
Can one of our touch-up wizards help me tremendously by getting the red out (and otherwise fixing) this recent Vault image of Bill Spanswick?

Original Vault number is KF206.

Attachment 502162

Thanks!
Two versions:
Attached Images
Image Image 
custard48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:12 PM   #62
Buster Narum
Minors (Double A)

Bill Spanswick cleanup

Here's another try:
Attached Images

Last edited by Buster Narum; 04-26-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Buster Narum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:42 PM   #63
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Spanswick three-step

Might as well add another.

The first step is just using color balance on the entire image and that only gets you so far.

The second part was using color balance and saturation on individual pieces. Purpose being, as much as anything, not to keep messing with the flesh tones as you try to get the rest in order. You pretty much want to drain all the color out of the uniform (other than your powder blues, where applicable).

The third one reflects selective colorization of a few pieces (notably the stands). The cap and sleeve were colorized in step 2 cuz it just worked out that way.

I could see the second one being preferable to the third, where I tried to get some yellow on the face and likely oversaturated (as I tend to do). But I highly recommend to others that you endeavor to lighten the whites of the eyes on these things. Regardless of your technique, there's no reason the player has to look like he just polished off a tray of pot brownies.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
FatJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:26 AM   #64
SPORTSMEM817
All Star Reserve

Bill Spanswick

If you download the free program GIMP you will only have to go to the auto button and click white balance and it will do the trick. Free and easy although fatjack's looks much better the former will get all that redness out without much fuss
Attached Images

Last edited by SPORTSMEM817; 04-27-2017 at 10:28 AM.
SPORTSMEM817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:20 AM   #65
Rainmaker
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
You gentlemen have absolutely brought this pic back to life. We've been stuck with basically one crappy photo of Spanswick since 1965, and this is the THE SHOT
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:27 AM   #66
SPORTSMEM817
All Star Reserve

Bill Spanswick photos from Lexi Files

Here are a few if someone needs a different Spanswick photo
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-28-2017, 11:26 AM   #67
SPORTSMEM817
All Star Reserve

Luis Olmo Passes Away in Puerto Rico RIP

http://www.elnuevodia.com/deportes/b...zolmo-2315670/

text of webpage translates to
The expellotero Luis Rodríguez Olmo died this dawn, confirmed to endi.com a source linked to the family.

Rodríguez Olmo had been hospitalized for several days.

The expellotero had Alzheimer's.

Stay connected to endi.com for the expansion of this story.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-28-2017, 01:22 PM   #68
dennis_keith
Minors (Triple A)

Luis Olmo's All-Star-Worthy Year of 1945

I'm very sorry to hear the news of Luis Olmo's death. He would have turned 98 this coming August.
He had the misfortune of having his best MLB season in 1945 when no all-star game was played (That's the only year in the game's 85 year history when the game was cancelled.)
He definitely had all-star game selection worthy batting statistics. His final statistics for that season for the Brooklyn Dodgers included 174 hits in 556 at-bats for a .313 batting average and he drove in 110 runs with only 10 home runs. He led the National League that year with 13 triples and had a career-high 15 stolen bases. He had some of the best hitting stats that year for any National League outfielder.
R.I.P, Luis.
dennis_keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:01 PM   #69
SPORTSMEM817
All Star Reserve

Bill Spanswick colorized

Spanwick photo the original was from the Lexi Files
Attached Images
Old 05-01-2017, 02:18 PM   #70
custard48
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Spanswick TV again.

I took another stab at this Spanswick TV after noticing that some of the earlier touchups (including mine) were giving the Yankee Stadium frieze a toothpasty mint-green glow.

The first image is the original TV image.
Attached Images
Image Image 
custard48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:32 PM   #71
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Unidentified Milwaukee Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball-birthdays.com View Post
I bought this as a 35mm negative from drjteeee (who did not ID the player) thinking it might be Bobby Avila in his 1959 swan song... it's not him, of course. It also doesn't appear to be anyone who ever played for Milwaukee, or who played in Milwaukee's system and then for another major league club. Based on the jersey's piping, the Braves last wore this uniform in 1962 (or spring training in '63)... the sleeve patch unfortunately isn't visible. Can anyone help me positively identify this guy?
I looked at images for all the career minor leaguers who were on Braves rosters or were Braves NRI's from 1953 through 1963 that I could. Yes, I think the Braves were still wearing their 1962 uniforms during spring training of 1963. I was unable to come up with a match with the unidentified Milwaukee Brave. There was one player out of these two groups whose photo I lack. He was pitcher Lou Slattery, a non-roster invitee with the 1956 Braves. He can't be ruled out, because no photo comparison has been made, but he was a mighty obscure guy. As best I can tell, he had no minor league career. He is not listed in baseball-reference.com. There seems to be no record of his birth date, or from whence he came. I've seen his surname also spelled as Slatery in newspaper articles.
Cusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #72
keonleafs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusick View Post
I looked at images for all the career minor leaguers who were on Braves rosters or were Braves NRI's from 1953 through 1963 that I could. Yes, I think the Braves were still wearing their 1962 uniforms during spring training of 1963. I was unable to come up with a match with the unidentified Milwaukee Brave. There was one player out of these two groups whose photo I lack. He was pitcher Lou Slattery, a non-roster invitee with the 1956 Braves. He can't be ruled out, because no photo comparison has been made, but he was a mighty obscure guy. As best I can tell, he had no minor league career. He is not listed in baseball-reference.com. There seems to be no record of his birth date, or from whence he came. I've seen his surname also spelled as Slatery in newspaper articles.
I think you missed a post..he was IDied as Ron Henry (attached pic as a Twins), Braves MiLB 1955-60

Last edited by keonleafs; 05-01-2017 at 03:56 PM.
keonleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:19 PM   #73
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by custard48 View Post
I took another stab at this Spanswick TV after noticing that some of the earlier touchups (including mine) were giving the Yankee Stadium frieze a toothpasty mint-green glow.

The first image is the original TV image.
Speaking for myself, I colorized the stands in a minty green because that's the color they actually were at the time.
Attached Images
Old 05-02-2017, 10:13 PM   #74
Dto7
All Star Reserve

Orval Overall 1905

Orval Overall 1905 Cincinnati Reds rookie colorized by me.
Attached Images
Dto7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:40 PM   #75
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dto7 View Post
orval overall 1905 cincinnati reds rookie colorized by me.
awesome job!!!!!!
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:17 AM   #76
SPORTSMEM817
All Star Reserve

Former player and Manager Sam Mele passed away

Born Sabath Anthony Mele, he signed as an amateur free agent with the Red Sox prior to the 1946 season. He went on to play 1,046 games over 10 seasons, including parts of five with the Sox (1947-49, 1954-55). He hit .278 for Boston over that span, including .302 as a rookie in 1947.

Mele went into coaching after his playing career and managed the Minnesota Twins for parts of seven seasons (1961-67). He was named the Sporting News' Manager of the Year in 1965 after leading Minnesota to an AL pennant-winning record of 102-60. RIP

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/r...ele_dies_at_95
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-04-2017, 12:40 PM   #77
dennis_keith
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSMEM817 View Post
Born Sabath Anthony Mele, he signed as an amateur free agent with the Red Sox prior to the 1946 season. He went on to play 1,046 games over 10 seasons, including parts of five with the Sox (1947-49, 1954-55). He hit .278 for Boston over that span, including .302 as a rookie in 1947.

Mele went into coaching after his playing career and managed the Minnesota Twins for parts of seven seasons (1961-67). He was named the Sporting News' Manager of the Year in 1965 after leading Minnesota to an AL pennant-winning record of 102-60. RIP

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/r...ele_dies_at_95
Sam Mele was held in high regard and affection in the twin cities and the Upper Midwest. he took that team from cellar-dwellars to a strong perennial contender that came so close to being the 1965 World's Champions, but Sandy Koufax outpitched Jim Kaat in the decisive Game 7. Mele was 88 games above .500 with a .546 winning percentage in his seven years at the helm of the Twins (his only MLB managing job).
dennis_keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:57 AM   #78
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Walt Streuli (Colorized & Custom)

If you know my stuff from Baseball-Birthdays, you know I have this aversion to colorizing something that someone else has already colorized. Not saying I never do it, but I prefer not to. Seems kinda disrespectful, in a weird way.

So there's a gorgeous, crisp, clean B&W of Streuli that was posted at Baseball-Birthdays eons ago--exactly the kind of image you'd want for a colorization. So, naturally, it's been colorized by many.

The Elder postcard doesn't do anything for me. So I grabbed this one off of eBay. You can see right away that it's a poor source image. But at least I haven't seen it colorized before (and, if it has been, I don't want to see it, thank you).

Had to reconstruct the stands, sorta; didn't really put too much effort into that. And, it didn't end up looking like it, but that is navy, not black, for the cap, etc. An obligatory "not my best work, but consider the source" and here it is.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 05-07-2017, 05:17 AM   #79
ortforshort
All Star Starter

Winston Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball-birthdays.com View Post
I bought this as a 35mm negative from drjteeee (who did not ID the player) thinking it might be Bobby Avila in his 1959 swan song... it's not him, of course. It also doesn't appear to be anyone who ever played for Milwaukee, or who played in Milwaukee's system and then for another major league club. Based on the jersey's piping, the Braves last wore this uniform in 1962 (or spring training in '63)... the sleeve patch unfortunately isn't visible. Can anyone help me positively identify this guy?
Winston Brown

Last edited by ortforshort; 12-25-2020 at 05:07 AM.
ortforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:48 AM   #80
baseball-birthdays.com
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
Winston Brown
hi and thank you for the suggestion, but the player was previously (and correctly) IDed by keonleafs as Ron Henry... I've attached a couple of scans of Winston Brown for comparison.
Attached Images
Image Image 
baseball-birthdays.com is offline   Reply With Quote