Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-24-2020, 06:45 AM   #1
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Darker letters

Can someone tell me if there is a way to make the words blacker, my old
eyes don't see like they use to. Thanks in advance Bosunmate
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:33 AM   #2
Reed
All Star Starter

Agree about the text needing to be darker. I did not care for this years skins. Ended up playing classic skin for the first time.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:01 AM   #3
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

You could try fiddling with the fonts (the usual precautions apply: back up the originals and keep careful track of what you do so that it may be reversed, else you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall your game).

This folder contains six subfolders but don't let that put you off; I don't know why there are six but they all contain the same 20 fonts.

Name:  Image0288.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  45.7 KB

Any changes that you make would need to be done in all six folders, I would imagine (you see the degree of my guesswork here).

Anyway, here is my premise. Note for example the difference between light and regular at size 12 (the screenprint may not do it justice):

Name:  Image0289.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  212.9 KB

It seems to me, and I believe I did so a long time ago, that if you took a copy of the "regular" file, renamed it "light," and saved it over the original, that the game would be tricked into using the darker "regular" font where it is programmed to use the "light" font.

Caveats:
1) It may take a while to find the right fonts to swap. Much trial and error will be involved.
2) You may not like the results at times. If memory serves, the darker font may cause the text to be truncated or bleed outside the text boxes.
3) The game may crash. If memory serves again, that was not an issue when I tinkered with it but that's no guarantee of course. Hence the need for carefully tracking what you are doing so that it may be reversed.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:07 PM   #4
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Thanks, Bru I will give it a shot...
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote