Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:43 PM   #21
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I have some minor health issues to deal with right now so I am not posting much. I try to read the forum every day and I am working on learning the Tapatalk app in order to read it on my phone. I hope we finally get OOTP Go this year so I can play the game on the phone as well.
Best wishes to get well rolling your way from Texas, Orcin.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:39 PM   #22
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Yep, that's me. I am hoping to keep the Colonels' perfect playoff streak alive but it doesn't appear likely. Right now, I am riding a 5-game losing streak into last place. I have not kept up with the flood of new super-cards so the Colonels are going to slip into mediocrity over the next few months anyway. The Batbirds will just be happy to avoid relegation in this league.

I have some minor health issues to deal with right now so I am not posting much. I try to read the forum every day and I am working on learning the Tapatalk app in order to read it on my phone. I hope we finally get OOTP Go this year so I can play the game on the phone as well.

Good luck to all in the P443 meat grinder this week!
Best of luck with the health issues Orcin. My Saints are having a very down year also.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:34 AM   #23
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Day 2 of Whale League Invitational 2063 is now on/in the books.

The Frogs find themselves...gasp...in 1st place?

Currently the squad is 34-20 (+55, 2 above pythag) and holding a precarious 3-game lead over the Susquehanna Soniqs. The St. Louis Cardinals are a scant 0.5 game behind the Soniqs. A clear 3-team race is developing in this AC East division and both of these other teams could pass the Frogs at any moment. The best overall record in P443 currently belongs to Stone Island--a team with all the right cards that is also employing the pitch count cheese strategy. Luckily I saw it coming, set my 7-day lineups, and took 3/4 off Stone Island earlier today. I don't cast any aspersions on pitch count cheese, because I'm doing it also. In the name of survival. The Frogs have yet to be swept in any series, and home/road splits are starting to bear out (20-9 home, 14-11 road). Looking ahead to June, the slate of games looks pretty challenging as one would expect in a league like this.

Standout performers for the Frogs include MVP candidate 100 Mickey Cochrane (.357/.416/.643), SE George Sisler (.305/.327/.493), SE Jose Reyes (.310/.345/.476). On the pitching side, both Ruffing (49.1 IP, 2.55 ERA) and 100 Seaver (45.2 IP, 2.76 ERA) have been solid out of the bullpen. Some of these stats might not seem all that outrageous, but context is important whilst facing Cy Young, Ed Walsh, Walter Johnson, and SE Doc Gooden over and over again. Also interesting that Seaver seems to fare better in Whale League than in OL.

Cards that are really struggling...well, my 100 Pedro is pitching to the tune of an 11.16 ERA thru 25 nightmarish innings pitched (non-PEAK Pedro but still). The guy is a BP machine right now, giving up nearly 4 HR/9. 100 Bonds is also having a rough go of it batting .217.

If the Frogs can hold onto the division or sew up a Wild Card spot, it'll be interesting to see how Whale League playoffs go.

*Playoffs?* spoken in Jim Mora.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:58 AM   #24
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

The Warbirds are competing in P445 this week. It is a week designed for some heavy training of some new players with hopes of entering the Whale league next week.

Despite the massive training efforts the Warbirds are off to a great start although no player is really standing out.

47-10 and comfortably in first place in the division and conference.

Zack Wheat, who was dangerously close to being sold off, has finally found his stride after his post all star debut last season.

One note of interest. Cy young pitched a perfect game which was turned into 5 packs. That pack netted a 100 Gerrit Cole which was quickly shuttled to the AH.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #25
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Day 2 of Whale League Invitational 2063 is now on/in the books.

The Frogs find themselves...gasp...in 1st place?

Currently the squad is 34-20 (+55, 2 above pythag) and holding a precarious 3-game lead over the Susquehanna Soniqs. The St. Louis Cardinals are a scant 0.5 game behind the Soniqs. A clear 3-team race is developing in this AC East division and both of these other teams could pass the Frogs at any moment. The best overall record in P443 currently belongs to Stone Island--a team with all the right cards that is also employing the pitch count cheese strategy. Luckily I saw it coming, set my 7-day lineups, and took 3/4 off Stone Island earlier today. I don't cast any aspersions on pitch count cheese, because I'm doing it also. In the name of survival. The Frogs have yet to be swept in any series, and home/road splits are starting to bear out (20-9 home, 14-11 road). Looking ahead to June, the slate of games looks pretty challenging as one would expect in a league like this.

Standout performers for the Frogs include MVP candidate 100 Mickey Cochrane (.357/.416/.643), SE George Sisler (.305/.327/.493), SE Jose Reyes (.310/.345/.476). On the pitching side, both Ruffing (49.1 IP, 2.55 ERA) and 100 Seaver (45.2 IP, 2.76 ERA) have been solid out of the bullpen. Some of these stats might not seem all that outrageous, but context is important whilst facing Cy Young, Ed Walsh, Walter Johnson, and SE Doc Gooden over and over again. Also interesting that Seaver seems to fare better in Whale League than in OL.

Cards that are really struggling...well, my 100 Pedro is pitching to the tune of an 11.16 ERA thru 25 nightmarish innings pitched (non-PEAK Pedro but still). The guy is a BP machine right now, giving up nearly 4 HR/9. 100 Bonds is also having a rough go of it batting .217.

If the Frogs can hold onto the division or sew up a Wild Card spot, it'll be interesting to see how Whale League playoffs go.

*Playoffs?* spoken in Jim Mora.
I just order my Frogs playoff shirt! I have faith!

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:28 PM   #26
Orion
Major Leagues

Angel Fire with a 3 game lead at the break over a very good NorCal team. I didn't see how good his team was at first glance, as he hasn't a single title at any level. What he does have is a deep pitching staff and a few superstar hitters the likes of which my team can't match like Bighead Bonds and Ichiro 90. I do have the better starting pitching but otherwise his team has the edge in my opinion. Expecting this to go down to the wire. We did have a very impressive 8 all stars, and my Ozzie Smith (90) won the MVP for a nice extra 400 pts. (there should be a medal for that btw). More good times.

Last edited by Orion; 01-30-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:25 AM   #27
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Not many updates from people lately...

Here is the latest from WHALE LEAGUE.

It's past the point where you'd consider what the Frogs are doing a fluke. We've gone from...

"phew, doesn't look like we'll be relegated!"

to...

"hey, .500 seems like it could happen?"

to...

"man, this division lead tho"

to...

"bruh, could the Frogs really contend for the #1 seed in their conference?"

People are talking about making playoff merch...

I can't really explain it, but it must have something to do with Frogs being just the right size to fit in the blow holes of these whales. That has to be it.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2020, 08:17 AM   #28
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
P437 looks like it's going to be a pretty competitive league, all things considered, so there is definitely a chance to grab that elusive title! Your Clippers are off to a nice start in an AC West that does not have a former PL champ among its ranks.
Yeap, 9 games up, 2nd place is well under .500. I am not lighting it up by any means. Given that the East has a team that is 7 games clear of the rest of the league, looks like you and I are on target for a 1st round series.

Lucky me. LOL

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:20 AM   #29
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Not many updates from people lately...

Here is the latest from WHALE LEAGUE.

It's past the point where you'd consider what the Frogs are doing a fluke. We've gone from...

"phew, doesn't look like we'll be relegated!"

to...

"hey, .500 seems like it could happen?"

to...

"man, this division lead tho"

to...

"bruh, could the Frogs really contend for the #1 seed in their conference?"

People are talking about making playoff merch...

I can't really explain it, but it must have something to do with Frogs being just the right size to fit in the blow holes of these whales. That has to be it.
Whale sighting in La Crosse!
Old 01-31-2020, 09:28 AM   #30
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
The Warbirds are competing in P445 this week. It is a week designed for some heavy training of some new players with hopes of entering the Whale league next week.

Despite the massive training efforts the Warbirds are off to a great start although no player is really standing out.

47-10 and comfortably in first place in the division and conference.
Both Wildcard (on pace for 100+ wins) teams will come from the Warbirds division so it hasn't been a cakewalk.

Zack Wheat, who was dangerously close to being sold off, has finally found his stride after his post all star debut last season.

One note of interest. Cy young pitched a perfect game which was turned into 5 packs. That pack netted a 100 Gerrit Cole which was quickly shuttled to the AH.
Warbirds are flying along in P445. 86-19. 1st in Division and National Conference.
They are three games ahead of the RD math due to a 'lights out' back of the bullpen. Rivera/Smith have not allowed a run in 19 games giving the Warbirds a 18-6 record in 1 run games.
Doc Gooden pitched a No Hitter to go along with the Cy Perfect game and give a nice boost to PP for the year.

4 time PL champs Jefferson City Capitals are keeping pace in the AC with a better RD.

Last edited by macacks; 01-31-2020 at 10:08 AM.
macacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:23 PM   #31
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Ooooooooorrrrr...maybe you're just as great a PT manager as you've been touted to be on this very message board on multiple occasions.

I have been swamped at work this week and did not even check on my Red Raiders yesterday (first time that's happened since...possibly ever?). I'll most likely check in later with an update...wish me luck--or, better yet, continued productivity!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:12 PM   #32
Orion
Major Leagues

Froggy also has a ton of excellent cards, but yes, nothing beats an active manager who has a plan of attack...he's clearly got a vision for what kind of roster he wants to run and it's set up to allow a variety of strategies adaptable to different challenges, which leverages his managing talent that much more.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:59 PM   #33
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Ooooooooorrrrr...maybe you're just as great a PT manager as you've been touted to be on this very message board on multiple occasions.

I have been swamped at work this week and did not even check on my Red Raiders yesterday (first time that's happened since...possibly ever?). I'll most likely check in later with an update...wish me luck--or, better yet, continued productivity!
Your work productivity is getting in the way of your OOTP productivity! I demand to speak to the manager about this!

I would agree that I am an active manager, probably in the 95th percentile there. But, as for a "great" manager, I still get my butt kicked way too much in tournaments to suffer from that particular illusion. Thanks for the kinds words (on several occasions) all the same!

Looking forward to the next installment in the Red Raiders saga as time permits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Froggy also has a ton of excellent cards, but yes, nothing beats an active manager who has a plan of attack...he's clearly got a vision for what kind of roster he wants to run and it's set up to allow a variety of strategies adaptable to different challenges, which leverages his managing talent that much more.
Am I Froggy? Just trying to clarify...

Old 01-31-2020, 08:23 PM   #34
Magus978
All Star Starter

Good news...I'm at 89-36 and on my way to a playoff spot.

Bad news...there's a team ahead of me who keeps pulling double-digit win streaks out of their rear.

What have we learned? Even when I whale up, I cannot win a division for the life of me.

*falls over*

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:15 PM   #35
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Warbirds are flying along in P445. 86-19. 1st in Division and National Conference.
They are three games ahead of the RD math due to a 'lights out' back of the bullpen. Rivera/Smith have not allowed a run in 19 games giving the Warbirds a 18-6 record in 1 run games.
Doc Gooden pitched a No Hitter to go along with the Cy Perfect game and give a nice boost to PP for the year.

4 time PL champs Jefferson City Capitals are keeping pace in the AC with a better RD.
Sounds like a good season so far. Congrats on that!

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:23 PM   #36
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

P .447 Update

You can see there are 4 teams with .700+ winning percentages in this league right now plus a 5th at .698... The league has a good kind of symmetry to it as each of these teams is in a different division. So as far as the championship goes focus on the Confederate Dunces, Chernobyl Meltdown, New York Flyers, Mega Ampharos & Syracuse Salt Lickers. Between us, 29 Perfects Leagues Championships and more playoff appearances at this level & below than I care to calculate.
Attached Images

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:59 PM   #37
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P437: Apparently the League Exists Even Without Me Checking It

So, a whole ton of baseball has been played in good ol' P437 this week...let's explore it together, shall we?

When checking in tonight on the Huntley Red Raiders for the first time since Wednesday, I was pleasantly greeted by a nice gold "On a Roll - Winning streak of 17" achievement. That's good! Excitedly, I checked the Standings page, curious as to just how much distance the Red Raiders had put between ourselves and our dogged pursuers, the 4-time PL champion Mammoth Maulers, run by the forum's own Mammoth_Mayhem. Earlier in the season, Huntley and Mammoth had been neck-and-neck, but, come on--17-game winning streak! Were we 5 games up? 10? 15?

Well, our AC Central division lead does have a 5 in it. (That's good!) It's just that the 5 has a decimal point in front of it. (That's bad.) Yes, even after a 17-game winning streak (that's good!), the Red Raiders' lead over the Maulers is a scant half game. (That's bad.)

Also, the frogurt toppings contain potassium benzoate. <silence> That's bad.

Over in the AC West, sharknut's Columbus Clippers have a much more solid 13.5-game lead and are, barring a shocking collapse (not happening), locked into the #3 seed in the AC. Not to be outdone, the AC East-leading Wilderness Roadkill have a 40-game lead and, at 107-24, a firm grip on the #1 AC seed.

The NC Roadkill equivalent would be the NC Central-leading and 5-time PL champion Berlin Crab Shuckers at 105-26; they've got the #1 NC seed all but wrapped up. The #2 seed is also a virtual lock to be the NC West-leading Mad City Blackhawks. But the NC East is as hotly contested as the AC Central, with the 1-time PL champ York Yard Dawgz clinging to their own half-game lead over the 2-time PL champ Toms River Little League Champs.

Huntley and Mammoth meet one more time this season, a 3-game series in Huntley in mid-September that could go a long way toward deciding who hosts Columbus in the Division Series and who hosts the Wild Card coin flip. Mammoth leads the season series 9-7. Here's hoping me finally checking in and tweaking things doesn't backfire and cost the Red Raiders the division title in this most competitive P437...
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2020, 10:18 AM   #38
daves
Hall Of Famer

P480: Doubledays already have over 100 wins going into the final month and expects to be the top seed for the league. But as many of you know, being the top regular season team does not always mean championships. Guelph and Kyary are strong playoff contenders for the NC title. Monterey Bay, Jonestown , Morrisville and Delaware are respectable contenders in the AC.

P440: The Woodpeckers are contenders for the NC West title. Waluigi and the Woodpeckers should go down to the wire. The Wild Card is not an option for the Woodpeckers because the 3 best teams in the league are in the NC Central. Pittsburgh, New Image and Forth Worth will be fighting for the 1, 4 and 5 playoff positions. Whoever makes it to the NC title game will be favored for the title. Pawnee and Perugia are favored in the AC.

P467: The Owlz are currently the top seed and their magic # is only 2 for the division going into the final month. The Haledon Glaziers are expected to be the biggest challenger as they have won 8 prior Perfect title compared to the Owlz zero (2 World Series game 7 loses = Made playoffs). Being a lefty customized team, home field is important to the Owlz. It is wide open in the AC between Baltimore, Atlantis and Valinor.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by daves; 02-01-2020 at 12:38 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #39
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P437: A Mammoth September Series

Well, Mammoth won the season series against the Red Raiders, 10-9, but Huntley won the last head-to-head matchup of the season and now holds a slim 2-game lead with 13 games left to play...
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2020, 07:12 PM   #40
Elligator
Minors (Single A)

Finally got my first team into Perfect this season! The Astros-only Redheugh Reavers are into Perfect .450. Now...can I stay up?

F2P Power Hitting

F2P Astros Only
Elligator is offline   Reply With Quote