Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 08-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
post1113
Bat Boy

This application has failed to start?

The Franchise Hockey Manager Setup displays the Installation Successful screen. With the Create Desktop Icon checked I hit the "next" button and I get the following message.

OOTP \Path\FHM2014.exe
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Reinstalling has not fixed the problem. I have Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 x86 ...

I have OOTP Baseball 8, 10 & 13 on the same PC installed without issue and running fine.

Any help?
thx
Old 08-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Do you have the correct version ?

Beta 0.9.56 and not: 0.9.59
Old 08-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
post1113
Bat Boy

Yes I believe so, can't find it in the setup windows or properties but I downloaded it on the 19th from the below link.

"...download and reinstall the proper version 0.9.56 for PC Windows from this link: Download link FHM 2014 for PC Windows"

thx
Old 08-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

That error message usually indicates outdated/corrupt Visual C++ runtimes on your computer. You should be able to fix it by downloading and installing the most recent Visual C++ Redistributable Package from Microsoft, you can get it from the Microsoft Download Center. Let me know if that doesn't work, but I think it's fixed the problem 100% of the time so far.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
post1113
Bat Boy

Downloaded latest C ++, the game does come up but lots of issues, I think there are game page links missing from drop downs, etc. Are they related to the C ++?

Here's one (of many).

If I choose "View" for a game, I can not see the names of the players (home team) at the bottom of the play window and there is no scroll bar.
There is also no back or exit button to navigate from this page, unless it's at the bottom where I can not get to.
I could not X out to close the game or right click the tab on the taskbar to get it to close. I had to use task manager to get out of the game on this page until I found that ...
If I click stats I go to the stats page but if I click Lineups or Tactics the game crashes.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Old 08-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
post1113
Bat Boy

I loaded it on another PC and so far it runs fine. I'm hoping it doesn't work on the 1st PC because the games a Beta version, that's my game PC and it has never crashed in 5 years. The PC it's functioning on now, crashes about once a year.

Am I able to get licenses renewed from crashes?

Is there a manual for FHM yet, if so where?

Thank you for your help.