Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:32 AM   #21
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

My teams are a combined 30-48. Everybody has chipped in.

(gleefully shrugs)

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:24 AM   #22
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes, 1st season in silver, in a tough division, 16-10 1 1/2 games back, if Cabrera and Brett decide to hit then i may have a chance, pitching and d is keeping me in it

Bad News Bulldogs despite training Concepcion at 2b and Frey at SS we are 15-11 in our 1st silver season and sitting atop the division by 1 1/2. Don Hoak has replaced Sabo at 3b for a bit more offence, Sabo will be backup IF,

Neuman Furshlugginers, awful start with live players so switched back to the players i'd used in Iron and we recovered to 13-14

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:55 AM   #23
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

30/30

I noticed we were a 30/30 team after 20 games. Just over 30 HR & 30 SB.
Attached Images

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #24
dbqs
Major Leagues

This season I'm in a league with the Llanfairpwllgwyngyll Antidisestablishmentarianists. This is my favorite team name I've seen yet.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #25
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Went on a pack spree and opened 33 packs (hey, I'm F2P so we're not talking hundreds of packs here). I didn't get a perfect card which is what I was trying for, but I've already recouped my 33K PP on the AH. Pulled a 91 Minnie Minoso (sold for 15K), a gold Willie Mays (sold for 9K), and a smattering of other golds (Liam Hendriks, David Price, Max Scherzer, Tyler Glasnow). For some reason, Cody Stashak sold for 600 PP, so I imagine he's a player added recently that people need for collections. I still have a bunch of cards in the AH so I imagine I'll net a tidy little profit on this pack opening.

There's been a debate about what the EV really is on opening a pack, but it's felt really generous lately. Thank you, collection missions. I think.

...oh, and the Frogs are 22-20 so far. Had a 6.24 bullpen ERA after Monday so could be a bit better for sure.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 08-06-2019 at 06:22 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:15 PM   #26
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

The three top teams in our league all have significant winning streaks going... I wonder which one of us is going to be fodder for the .500 wild card team in the playoffs this season.
Attached Images
Old 08-06-2019, 09:10 PM   #27
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

<--- Glad to not be in P429 this week!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:18 AM   #28
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes have been up and down all season, finally made some changes towards the end of the last sim. bought Wade Boggs (89) to replace George Brett, brought in the live Josh Bell to replace Miguel Cabrera as my stadium should suit him more. opened 6 packs on this account, got 89 Bagwell, Live Verlander and Soroka, still way back of division lead at 29-25 but part of 5 teams within 1 game in the WC race

Bad News Bulldogs are still only 4 games back at 27-26 despite most of the team currently leaning different defensive positions, also the offence is great at getting on base but terrible at scoring runs. Added Rob Dibble to the pen, anything i make on this team is going to try and complete the Reds collections

Neuman Furshlugginers turned their season around with a great May (after dumping most of the Live cards) then ended the sim losing 3 straight to finish 31-24 1/2 a game back of the joint leaders, but we have a tough schedule for most of the month, so anything could happen, still tinkering with lineup/pitching too much

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:01 AM   #29
ubernoob
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleigh View Post
Bad News Bulldogs are still only 4 games back at 27-26 despite most of the team currently leaning different defensive positions, also the offence is great at getting on base but terrible at scoring runs. Added Rob Dibble to the pen, anything i make on this team is going to try and complete the Reds collections
This made me struggle to start the year too on my free team in Diamond.

Somehow I've packed more perfect cards there than on the team I spent like $50 on.

I had Live Bryant at 1B, Charlie Gehringer at 2B, the Bronze Aparicio at short and Rendon at 3B.

Pulled a live Arenado card and figured the best way to work it out would be: Bryant 1B, Rendon 2B, Arenado 3B and Gehringer at SS - but having a 2B and SS both learning the positions at the same time meant my fielding tanked. They'll dig themselves out soon enough but my pitchers don't appreciate it at all.

Thank god their hitting is more than making up for it to at least make me not lose everything - sitting at 21-31 currently.
Attached Images
Old 08-07-2019, 11:20 AM   #30
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
The three top teams in our league all have significant winning streaks going... I wonder which one of us is going to be fodder for the .500 wild card team in the playoffs this season.
Makes me wonder what's wrong with my team which cannot even win 70%. I did manage to win 14 out of 15 last night and increase my division lead from 1 to 3.5 games and then promptly lost 2 out of 3 to the chasing team.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:58 PM   #31
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Makes me wonder what's wrong with my team which cannot even win 70%. I did manage to win 14 out of 15 last night and increase my division lead from 1 to 3.5 games and then promptly lost 2 out of 3 to the chasing team.
There's probably nothing wrong with your team. In my three best regular seasons, in which I had long winning streaks and my team performed above it's "true" talent level, it always ended up performing badly in the playoffs. In the seasons where the team's record was closer to .700 in the regular season, it performed much better in the playoffs. So it's more important to be consistently good, rather than streaky.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:55 PM   #32
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons are doing much better this year than the previous 3 years, which will probably now change since I mentioned it. I'm not being serious, but it sometimes feels like whatever I mention here jinxes things. So I won't mention their 14 game winning streak and .750 WPct since then they'll start losing.

I decided to sell off virtually all of my diamonds on my reserve roster so that I can make some major upgrade or upgrades and all of them sold for the BIN, except for 1 which I've not been able to sell yet. I didn't think I was asking too little since my BIN was higher than both the all-time and recent averages. So I now have more PP than I've ever had and can afford to buy all but the most expensive players, like Cy Young. I think I know who I want, but only 1 of them is for sale at the moment and he's overpriced so I'll just wait. Basically, I want to get a hitter and a pitcher that will be significant upgrades over what I have now.

Since I'm shopping for a top pitcher, can someone tell me Schilling's ratings? I was thinking I'd like to get Clemens until I saw his ratings and realized he's barely better than Sutton, who's my #4 SP. So I'm wondering how Schilling compares to who I've currently got. In the 400k range, what pitcher would be a good choice? I've currently got Keefe, Clarkson, Hubbell, Sutton, Seaver and 99 Johnson as my top starters.

Speaking of SPs, Spahn is having quite the year in the bullpen. In 20 Gs, he's pitched 34 innings and has given up only 1 R (on a HR) and has 35 K and only 3 BB. Brian Wilson and Eck are also having great years which is why my bullpen ERA is tops in the league.

Last edited by old timer; 08-07-2019 at 03:57 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #33
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Since I'm shopping for a top pitcher, can someone tell me Schilling's ratings?

Here you go,
Attached Images

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:20 PM   #34
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
The Raccoons are doing much better this year than the previous 3 years, which will probably now change since I mentioned it. I'm not being serious, but it sometimes feels like whatever I mention here jinxes things. So I won't mention their 14 game winning streak and .750 WPct since then they'll start losing.
I have this problem quite repeatedly too. I usually log in mid week to see every team in the playoff race. I make a couple of tweaks in the lineup based on who's producing, and then typically watch my teams fall out of playoff contention :\

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:25 PM   #35
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
In the 400k range, what pitcher would be a good choice? I've currently got Keefe, Clarkson, Hubbell, Sutton, Seaver and 99 Johnson as my top starters.
Well, I picked up perfect Walter Johnson for 420k... he's right there with Cy Young in terms of performance. Shilling, Pedro, Waite Hoyt, and Walsh are other top tier righties.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:40 PM   #36
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

1937 Joe DiMaggio is hitting .258/.328/.371 for KC.

In Silver.

And with 2.7 PP/G.

That's it. I give up. I tried to work into this… all the things I know… about baseball… and math. And the world in general.

And I come up with 1937 Joe DiMaggio hitting for a .699 OPS in Village League, and generating fewer PP than Buster Posey… Everything I do is wrong. Every move I make is stupid. Every card I buy will give me the finger. Every ****ing coin is coming up tails. Every time. Every time. Every time. Tails all the way.

(bangs head against doorframe again and again and again)

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:16 PM   #37
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post

In Silver.

And with 2.7 PP/G.

That's it. I give up. I tried to work into this… all the things I know… about baseball… and math. And the world in general.

And I come up with 1937 Joe DiMaggio hitting for a .699 OPS in Village League, and generating fewer PP than Buster Posey… Everything I do is wrong. Every move I make is stupid. Every card I buy will give me the finger. Every ****ing coin is coming up tails. Every time. Every time. Every time. Tails all the way.

Well, look at it this way. If your teams were doing really well, what would you have to write about? Would you tell us how your team is yet again on a 20+ game winning streak and winning 80+% of your games? Instead we get posts like this (and then there's your Raccoons "dynasty"). In other words, too much success and you'd be less much less entertaining. So keep it up!
Old 08-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #38
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Since I'm shopping for a top pitcher, can someone tell me Schilling's ratings? I was thinking I'd like to get Clemens until I saw his ratings and realized he's barely better than Sutton, who's my #4 SP. So I'm wondering how Schilling compares to who I've currently got. In the 400k range, what pitcher would be a good choice? I've currently got Keefe, Clarkson, Hubbell, Sutton, Seaver and 99 Johnson as my top starters.
Here are the stats for my Schilling. He has earned 24,280pp for me in 12 seasons.

Name:  schilling awards.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  16.7 KB

Name:  schilling stats.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  183.4 KB
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:44 PM   #39
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post

In Silver.

And with 2.7 PP/G.

1937 DiMaggio has a low BABIP rating (58) with nothing really to compensate. In that price range, the 1923 Tris Speaker should give you a lot more production. His range is weak for CF, but he should do fine in LF or RF.
Attached Images
Old 08-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #40
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, look at it this way. If your teams were doing really well, what would you have to write about? Would you tell us how your team is yet again on a 20+ game winning streak and winning 80+% of your games? Instead we get posts like this (and then there's your Raccoons "dynasty"). In other words, too much success and you'd be less much less entertaining. So keep it up!
That's why I don't post much.

Since I ended the experiment of training Joe DiMaggio in LF, the team has been much better. Also, seems to have gotten over the fact that I sold Hank Aaron. I had 7 OF, and pathetic WOBA against LHP (outranking only Ozzie Smith) made the decision easy. I replaced him with Ivan Rodriguez, a 3rd string defensive catcher for the late innings.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote