Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #41
Shelk
Bat Boy

Some people who play this game make a LOT of money in real life. It's the perfect game for a busy person who may spend 10-12 hrs a day working their asses off and wants to have something to do after work but doesn't have the time to actually have a different hobby.

I wouldn't judge someone for spending 5k. What 5k is to them may be what $100 is to someone else.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:45 PM   #42
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelk View Post
Some people who play this game make a LOT of money in real life. It's the perfect game for a busy person who may spend 10-12 hrs a day working their asses off and wants to have something to do after work but doesn't have the time to actually have a different hobby.

I wouldn't judge someone for spending 5k. What 5k is to them may be what $100 is to someone else.

I agree.

Old 07-20-2019, 07:48 PM   #43
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

I don't see how anyone dares to judge anyone on how they spend their money..... what we should be judging is TOS violation here.....

Old 07-20-2019, 08:10 PM   #44
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates View Post
I am a retired CPA with over 30 years of experience, What I posted was correct.
75% of people who fall into one of these categories, will have major financial problems throughout their life or need to file bankruptcy.
1. People who spend large amounts of money on fictitious items in video games.
2. People who win the lottery - 5 years after they have won
3. Professional Athletes - 5 years after they retired.

Lesson Here:
Don't be one of these people who are fiscally irresponsible.
I call BS on #1. Please provide a link to the study that shows this data.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:17 PM   #45
Thomefan251
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelk View Post
You can't buy common sense, unfortunately.
my man lol hope you're well
Old 07-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #46
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Could you elaborate?
About twenty copies of BGS 9.5 autographed Robles rookie cards.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:24 PM   #47
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
About twenty copies of BGS 9.5 autographed Robles rookie cards.

Wow, hope they go up in value.

I'm more of a vintage collector, finishing 1953 and 1959 sets and buying a fair amout of T205 and T206 cards from the early 1900s.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:27 PM   #48
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
I am a retired CPA with over 30 years of experience, What I posted was correct.
75% of people who fall into one of these categories, will have major financial problems throughout their life or need to file bankruptcy.
1. People who spend large amounts of money on fictitious items in video games.
2. People who win the lottery - 5 years after they have won
3. Professional Athletes - 5 years after they retired.

Lesson Here:
Don't be one of these people who are fiscally irresponsible.
I am a forumer with 20 years of experience in foruming. You might be correct but that doesn't make you less of a gigantic D-head.
1. No matter your intention, not many are going to take advice from an internet stranger(especially when one write in a holier-than-thou fashion) when they are not looking for one.
2. Posting this in this board is the equivalent of going into a fast food chain and telling everyone what they eat is unhealthy, they should not eat there and X% likelihood they will die before 50. Try that in real life, I bet you won't walk out on the chain without any injury.
3. You don't even give him a chance to be the 25% exception, and even if he's the 75%, who the F are you anyway?

Lesson Here:
Don't be a D-head. If you want to help people with your 30 years experience, tour the country on your high horse and give lectures to people who seek it.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:36 PM   #49
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Most of the world would feed their family of nine for a month on what somebody spends if he buys OOTP XX during the All Star sale.

+++

I wished all the judging would stop. "That guy spent $X on my favorite game. How dare he??" spoken with self-righteous indignation. "We are the No Money League", for all the elitists out there. "This evil person listed card Y for this and that much!" - yeah, that leech should be drowned in a river, too, huh?

...and you, and you, aaand you over there, you are all playing the game wrong!

Stop it. Just ****ing stop it. It's worse than in a sand-box full of kids and only one red shovel in here. Play the ****ing game, mind your own ****ing teams, and stop pointing fingers at everybody else, goddamnit.

Except for cheaters. Cheaters gotta go.
I agree with everything except the criticism of FTP players. Why shouldn't people who can't afford to spend money on the game be criticized for wanting to play on a level playing field? Isn't criticizing them for wanting to play the game as F2P a little hypocritical?

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
Old 07-20-2019, 08:45 PM   #50
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
I agree with everything except the criticism of FTP players. Why shouldn't people who can't afford to spend money on the game be criticized for wanting to play on a level playing field? Isn't criticizing them for wanting to play the game as F2P a little hypocritical?

Every criticism between the X2P are hypocritical, whether it is F2P to other F2P, F2P to P2P, P2P to P2P or P2P to F2P. It's just someone having an issue and judging how others want to play a game, which is ridiculous but happened in every game.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:54 PM   #51
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I call BS on #1. Please provide a link to the study that shows this data.
A few years ago, I needed CPE credits and took a class that they went over internet spending.
In 1999, I took a CPE class and learned numbers 2 and 3.

I don't get financial information off random websites.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:57 PM   #52
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
A few years ago, I needed CPE credits and took a class that they went over internet spending.
In 1999, I took a CPE class and learned numbers 2 and 3.

I don't get financial information off random websites.

Study =/= random website.
Study = scientific journals, which would be used on your class.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:58 PM   #53
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I'll reply with our official position since this is an important thing to have clear.

Funneling points or cards between accounts is not allowed under the TOS, no matter how much someone has spent.

If you're spending money and interested in building up multiple teams, then the way to handle things is to drop less money into your main team and spend some of that directly on the lesser teams.

But if you're funneling points or cards between teams, than that is subject to a warning or instant ban (which depends on the severity of the actions, instant bans without warnings are only for truly flagrant and egregious violations).
Thanks for the reply. If the guy just used his other accounts for funneling points only, then there is no question ... but if all of his teams were somewhat competitive then it's quite strict enforcement.

Perhaps it's pity that we can't have more PT teams from one card collection but I totally get why DEVS don't allow that or vice versa why we have multiple accounts (family shared accs) ...
Old 07-20-2019, 09:02 PM   #54
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Giants View Post
Thanks for the reply. If the guy just used his other accounts for funneling points only, then there is no question ... but if all of his teams were somewhat competitive then it's quite strict enforcement.

Perhaps it's pity that we can't have more PT teams from one card collection but I totally get why DEVS don't allow that or vice versa why we have multiple accounts (family shared accs) ...

How does that have ANYTHING to do with the question at hand? The rule is extremely clear. Why would they care who is competitive when the rule clearly states don't do it.

Old 07-20-2019, 09:08 PM   #55
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
I am a forumer with 20 years of experience in foruming. You might be correct but that doesn't make you less of a gigantic D-head.
1. No matter your intention, not many are going to take advice from an internet stranger(especially when one write in a holier-than-thou fashion) when they are not looking for one.
2. Posting this in this board is the equivalent of going into a fast food chain and telling everyone what they eat is unhealthy, they should not eat there and X% likelihood they will die before 50. Try that in real life, I bet you won't walk out on the chain without any injury.
3. You don't even give him a chance to be the 25% exception, and even if he's the 75%, who the F are you anyway?

Lesson Here:
Don't be a D-head. If you want to help people with your 30 years experience, tour the country on your high horse and give lectures to people who seek it.
First of all, I was not giving advice, I was simply stating some facts.
If my facts, hurt your feelings, that's a YOU problem.
You might want to work on that.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:13 PM   #56
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did they just give their opinions, or did they have sources for the claims? I don't get my financial information from random posters on internet forums.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:15 PM   #57
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
How does that have ANYTHING to do with the question at hand? The rule is extremely clear. Why would they care who is competitive when the rule clearly states don't do it.
For everyone here it is about that the guy cheated and he should be electrocuted as a punishment for his crime. For me it's about how horrible his crime was, how big advantage he got. I am gonna say something nobody here will like for sure ... but there is a difference if someone who is F2P funnels all his points to the main account which on HIS level of competitivness provide huge boost and someone who bought 8mil PPs. For F2P you are triplicating the number of PPs, for this guy it was just 5% extra ... such tiny edge he got for competition with another whales. Now I am getting to my point, given the size of gained edge, he should have been warned or given choice to pay for all those funnelled PPs before being banned.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:16 PM   #58
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacePope View Post
Bummer all around. I hope you can work it out with the devs.

Some of the responses to this thread are a bigger turn off then watching 300k cards sell for 4001. The guy poured 5k into the game. Have a heart!
I think the problems of a person who would sink $5K into a game are far beyond this forums purview. Personal responsibility is paramount. The fact that the OP chose to cheat despite acknowledging that it was pay to win renders him/her devoid of any sympathy on my part.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 07-20-2019, 09:20 PM   #59
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Did they just give their opinions, or did they have sources for the claims? I don't get my financial information from random posters on internet forums.
Fair enough, you made a good point.
It makes no difference to me what you believe and don't believe. The choice is yours.

Take care.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:24 PM   #60
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3tch View Post
I was insta-banned without warning. I have spent north of $5,000 on the game between 3 teams (about 95% on one team). I was moving cards from one account to the next as I was building up my other teams. Cards that I had purchased legitimately. This allegedly broke an unspoken ToS that was not in my download and never was.

I have submitted a ticket to engage with the devs to see what options there are. But, in the meantime, be careful out there. I think bans without warning are severe in a game where you input money ("pay to win") with no way to extract that money out of the game.

If I can be banned instantly after "investing" all of that money into OOTP - I would recommend reconsidering buying any more PP, as the rules are vague and not evenly enforced - especially in light of banning permanently and without warning.

What exactly did you do and why?

Closed Thread