Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-07-2019, 01:43 AM   #81
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons finished with 120 W and an RDiff of +485 and topped 1000 R for the 1st time. Our team AVG was .302 and we led in OBP (.366), but we were only 7th in HR with 161. Pitching was strong as usual, but only 2nd best in the conference, behind the Space Cadets.

We had 4 hitters that had standout seasons. Previously, we never had anyone hit 40 HRs nor have 130 RBI. Frank Robinson hit 41 HR and obliterated our RBI record with 157. Zimmerman finished with 131 RBI and Keeler had 119 RBI (and 128 R). Ted Williams would have led the league in OBP (.434) if he would have had enough PA.

Now on to the tough part. It would be nice to get a 2nd straight championship, though I seriously doubt that will happen. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs tomorrow!

Last edited by old timer; 07-07-2019 at 01:45 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 03:39 AM   #82
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

No playoffs for me. I'll be the guy over there, breathing heavily with another ten hot dogs on his tray.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:54 AM   #83
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The Unicorns did it! They ran down the whale and won the division (and home field advantage throughout the playoffs) with a 112-50 record, three games up.

Now the fun begins. I made sure to tell my son that it isn't always this easy.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:41 AM   #84
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Doha and Great Lake made the payoff as division winners, while Perugia was out of the wild card for one game.

Doha had the best season in perfect so far, winning 125 games with a +515 runs differential. The best performer was Roy Halladay (my nr.5 starter) going 21-1 in 24 games with a 1.76 ERA.
Anyway the season's highlight was pulling perfect Josh Gibson yesterday; in the 16 games he played he already made a huge difference.

Great Lake had another solid season, going 107-55 and securing home filed advantage; this is paramount given our team make-up. Pedro Martinez had another huge season, going 25-3 with a 2.19 ERA.

Perugia had a solid season going 88-74 but falling short of the playoffs by 1 game.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:38 AM   #85
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
Doha and Great Lake made the payoff as division winners, while Perugia was out of the wild card for one game.

Doha had the best season in perfect so far, winning 125 games with a +515 runs differential. The best performer was Roy Halladay (my nr.5 starter) going 21-1 in 24 games with a 1.76 ERA.
Anyway the season's highlight was pulling perfect Josh Gibson yesterday; in the 16 games he played he already made a huge difference.

Great Lake had another solid season, going 107-55 and securing home filed advantage; this is paramount given our team make-up. Pedro Martinez had another huge season, going 25-3 with a 2.19 ERA.

Perugia had a solid season going 88-74 but falling short of the playoffs by 1 game.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

Congratulations on getting Gibson in a pack! I'm too afraid to gamble and I'm not willing to spend quite that much, so I'll probably be keeping LaVa and Campanella for a long time.

I remember your Oilers from a while back and they were already really tough then. Maybe we'll cross paths again someday. Just don't end up in my division! I'd prefer to not have to be a WC.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:58 AM   #86
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Congratulations on getting Gibson in a pack! I'm too afraid to gamble and I'm not willing to spend quite that much, so I'll probably be keeping LaVa and Campanella for a long time.

I have opened a lot of packs lately, because once I saw that collecting missions were not of my taste (except for a few basic ones) I sold all my spare cards for a huge profit in the first few days after missions were launched.

I have to admit that I have been extremely lucky with this team, where all the players on the roster, except for perfect Ruth and Aaron, have been pulled in packs.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #87
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The Marathoners squeak their way into the playoffs by 1 game as the last wildcard. We're facing Perfect Scherzer in the WC game so it'll probably be one and done. I really thought they were gonna blow a decent lead for the final spot, of course it came down to the last game.

The YakAnglers did blow a decent lead for the wildcard and at times a game or two up in their division. They just couldn't get anything right the last two weeks and did not deserve to back into the playoffs.

And those Miners. Ughh. What a miserable season, made only worse as they went on a little streak to avoid relegation. They really deserve to be relegated as they do not have the quality to be in Diamond, and unless I spend real $ they'll never substantially improve. I really need to decide where to go with this team.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:03 AM   #88
Morug
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Good luck to you as well! Our teams played pretty evenly during the regular season. There didn't seem to be any correlation to which home field the games were played at. I'm not really seeing many advantages/disadvantages for either of us.

There's not a whole lot of overlap between our teams. The only cards in common on our active rosters are Darin Erstad and Will Harris. It looks like PEAK Al Kaline has been good for your team.

I like your odds in this one because I feel that my team has used up all of its luck in the previous 2 weeks while making miracle runs through the playoffs.
I'm not so confident, you have a great defense...and I always under perform in playoff. My defensive efficiency drop a little after the addition of Kaline too.

I played in a more easy division, and when I faced more challenging games, Its was hard to win...the month of June help me a lot to be in playoff, but the last two months was not good baseball for my team. Its playoff, anything can happen. Its will be funny to watch!

F2P pack only

F2P AH
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:39 AM   #89
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Good luck to all that made the playoffs!

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:52 AM   #90
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Division Battle Continues!
Attached Images
Old 07-07-2019, 10:08 AM   #91
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Colonels were 9-22 after September 1, easily our worst month+ ever. I know better than to start tinkering with a team in mid-season, but this year was going to be a struggle anyway with a very tough conference schedule. I backed into the final wild card spot, so I will see how long today lasts and then it will be time for some real soul-searching with this team. Do I return to my defensive roots, a strategy that works well in the regular season but not in the playoffs for me? Or do I continue to chase the run differential holy grail by piling offense on every slot? Will next year be the year that I finally go all in on a strategy by tailoring my ballpark to it? Stay tuned... we have a few games first.

Good luck to everyone that is playing today, and best wishes for next year to those that are watching the AH, working their collections, and/or ripping packs!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:16 AM   #92
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Three teams in Playoffs today!

One Wildcard, two straight to the Division Series. Lineups set, random new Pinch Hitter from each Reserve Roster selected - let's do this

Good Luck all, have fun!
Old 07-07-2019, 10:48 AM   #93
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
What, is there an Eastern European league title in PT that I don't know about? Where is the Kiev team? Bucharest? Warsaw? etc

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:06 AM   #94
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Lost the wild card game in typical fashion... bullpen failed to hold a lead. Plenty of time to tinker today.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:31 AM   #95
Magus978
All Star Starter

We fluked our way into the playoffs at 81-82 after winning a game 163 last night.

Today, my playoff Sunday ended at 11:00 because we lost the wildcard game. Blessing in disguise. While I hate that we're going to start our 7th week in Silver tomorrow, it would have been embarrassing if we had won, then fluked a divisional round win which would have sent the Patriots up to gold to get maimed.

This is a rare time that I'll take stagnancy over a promotion that I'm not ready for. Yay?

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:11 PM   #96
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
What, is there an Eastern European league title in PT that I don't know about? Where is the Kiev team? Bucharest? Warsaw? etc
Have to save that for a custom offline game
Old 07-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #97
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Won the Wildcard game 6-5! Now in a Division Series battle against...... the team that won our division. Be nice to play some other teams at some point

(Edit: Bob's boys down 0-2 in the DS to the Wildcard team who were 16 games back from us in Division )

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 07-07-2019 at 12:44 PM.
PocketsAintFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:45 PM   #98
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Do I return to my defensive roots, a strategy that works well in the regular season but not in the playoffs for me? Or do I continue to chase the run differential holy grail by piling offense on every slot?
Why not both?

You can influence run differential by scoring more runs yourself, and by allowing fewer runs to your opponents. So you should be stocking up on position players that maximize (runs generated + runs saved).

For example, my second baseman Arky Vaughan was the most valuable player on my team this season. He contributed 120 runs overall:

100 runs via batting: 174 H, 45 2B, 0 3B, 16 HR, 74 BB (which works out to about 102 runs generated)
5 runs via baserunning
15 runs saved defensively

Superior baserunning can easily add 50 runs to your season total, and superior defense can take away 50 runs from your opponents. This needs to be taken into account when evaluating position players.
Josquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #99
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Doha has developed the disturbing habit of losing in the first round after dominating the regular season, this time losing in 4 games to a team against whom we had a record of 14-5

Great Lake, on the other hand, is off to the conference final after winning in 4. They always play solid baseball in the playoffs.

Last edited by moalkha; 07-07-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:37 PM   #100
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
Why not both?

You can influence run differential by scoring more runs yourself, and by allowing fewer runs to your opponents. So you should be stocking up on position players that maximize (runs generated + runs saved).

For example, my second baseman Arky Vaughan was the most valuable player on my team this season. He contributed 120 runs overall:

100 runs via batting: 174 H, 45 2B, 0 3B, 16 HR, 74 BB (which works out to about 102 runs generated)
5 runs via baserunning
15 runs saved defensively

Superior baserunning can easily add 50 runs to your season total, and superior defense can take away 50 runs from your opponents. This needs to be taken into account when evaluating position players.
Would you mind sharing your formula for Defensive Runs Saved? I don't see that in my stats anywhere.