Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:32 PM   #61
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

I would think that tournaments will be fairly easy to manage once they are aligned with the mobile app? I'm assuming we'll have app access for tourneys too?

This means sealed/draft and other tourney options become as viable as all the mock drafts people run just for fantasy baseball anyway.

And I like the sealed idea. How about at least 1 tourney of all perfect packs (that you don't keep) just so I can actually use a walter johnson or honus wagner once in my life?

Thanks for all the hard work on OOTP and PT. Looking forward to these additions.
Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:34 AM   #62
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Is there am ETA for these features?

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:28 PM   #63
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornbreaker View Post
I would think that tournaments will be fairly easy to manage once they are aligned with the mobile app? I'm assuming we'll have app access for tourneys too?

This means sealed/draft and other tourney options become as viable as all the mock drafts people run just for fantasy baseball anyway.

And I like the sealed idea. How about at least 1 tourney of all perfect packs (that you don't keep) just so I can actually use a walter johnson or honus wagner once in my life?

Thanks for all the hard work on OOTP and PT. Looking forward to these additions.

Sealed/Draft would be incredibly cool.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:11 AM   #64
Huston
Bat Boy

Will there be any kind of yearly Invitational or anything?
Huston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #65
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

Anyway we can get some kind of "state of the union" update on tournaments and collections. It's been 3 weeks since last announcement and seemed like collections were at least close. I have a bad feeling that we will be waiting until June/July at the earliest for these things. I've put a lot into my team and reserve teams in preparation for tournaments and feel like it was a waste to only get half a season (if that) out of things I assumed would be out shortly after launch. Just curious to if there is a timetable or estimate for these things

We also need some kind of change to the top of the leagues. There are too many perfect leagues and a "big" discrepancy between teams in that league. There needs to be a higher tier that would have only 3-4 leagues max in it (and not get any bigger). I'm tired of being in leagues where players see the rest of the competition and decide to "tank" and put all reserve cards in just because they don't think they can compete. I see this almost every year now. One team is a whopping 3-43 and tanking on purpose because they got in a league where a lot of top teams are. Wish there was a change for this because it is not fun on either end.

Last edited by sharpk23; 05-14-2019 at 09:13 PM.
sharpk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:25 PM   #66
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpk23 View Post
Anyway we can get some kind of "state of the union" update on tournaments and collections. It's been 3 weeks since last announcement and seemed like collections were at least close. I have a bad feeling that we will be waiting until June/July at the earliest for these things. I've put a lot into my team and reserve teams in preparation for tournaments and feel like it was a waste to only get half a season (if that) out of things I assumed would be out shortly after launch. Just curious to if there is a timetable or estimate for these things

We also need some kind of change to the top of the leagues. There are too many perfect leagues and a "big" discrepancy between teams in that league. There needs to be a higher tier that would have only 3-4 leagues max in it (and not get any bigger). I'm tired of being in leagues where players see the rest of the competition and decide to "tank" and put all reserve cards in just because they don't think they can compete. I see this almost every year now. One team is a whopping 3-43 and tanking on purpose because they got in a league where a lot of top teams are. Wish there was a change for this because it is not fun on either end.
My message from yesterday morning in the "Development Update" thread has gone unanswered thus far, so hopefully you'll have more luck getting a response here. Fingers crossed!
Old 05-14-2019, 10:07 PM   #67
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

Hopefully we get some kind of answer
Old 05-14-2019, 10:17 PM   #68
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I don't think we need fewer perfect leagues. My guess is that 16 perfect leagues is the goal and that there will be a Tournament of Champions with the 16 Perfect Champions automatically entered in a best of 7 knockout event.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:47 PM   #69
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We'll update people when we have more specific news to update. We don't want to tell people one date and then have things come way earlier or way later. I know Markus+team are working hard to get these features in.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:13 PM   #70
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the response Matt
Old 05-15-2019, 09:01 AM   #71
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I don't think we need fewer perfect leagues. My guess is that 16 perfect leagues is the goal and that there will be a Tournament of Champions with the 16 Perfect Champions automatically entered in a best of 7 knockout event.
That's a nice thought, but we're already at 17 perfect leagues, still with more teams coming in from diamond than getting relegated out of perfect.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:03 AM   #72
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We'll update people when we have more specific news to update. We don't want to tell people one date and then have things come way earlier or way later. I know Markus+team are working hard to get these features in.
Thanks for breaking the silence, so to speak. I'm taking this to mean that the previous guess of June/July is accurate, since you'd be able to be fairly certain if a feature release were coming in the next two weeks.

My guess is that the new goal is for these to be ready in time for the next wave of new players that will come around the all-star break with the next OOTP sale. Pure speculation on my part, obviously.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #73
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

I told the dev team they had to wait until I got back from my Cruise in late June to start the tourneys. JK.....I think

PT22: FTP Team "Our League Member"

PT21: FTP Non-Live Cards "Our-League member"

PT21: FTP Team

PT 20 History:
SPBJT is offline   Reply With Quote