Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:38 AM   #1
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Just lost to a team with a perfect and mostly diamonds - in a bronze league?!

Seriously?

The opposing team has a perfect and many high diamonds. How is this team not at least in a gold league?

This is only my second week in PT and this is what I can expect as I move up? For whatever it's worth I did win my iron league with this team so maybe I got put into a harder division? I don't know. I'm a few games under .500.

My other two teams are fairing much better (in iron and bronze).

But this makes me worry a bit about how pay to win and unbalanced this game will get as I move up.

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 04-18-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:48 AM   #2
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

I wonder if someone got in late, but dumped a serious load of cash into the team. They would dominate at entry and iron, but would still only advance one rank per season.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

It is fair to say that somebody either entered after the initial entry pool weekend, or only dumped a pile of dough last week or so.

It is also safe to assume that for every free-to-play game out there, there is going to be at least one thread like this per day, at the very least.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #4
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

it happens.... one of my teams made it to the Iron league World Series in my first week (2nd week of PT), only to go up against a team with 11 perfects / 14 diamonds

I took it upon myself to claim the true Iron league crown and ignored the 4-0 sweep (though I did take game 1 to extra innings, so that was a moral victory in itself)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
It is fair to say that somebody either entered after the initial entry pool weekend, or only dumped a pile of dough last week or so.

It is also safe to assume that for every free-to-play game out there, there is going to be at least one thread like this per day, at the very least.

Well, yeah. Probably.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:26 AM   #6
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Kind of like the Pirates going against any other team in their division that spends money. Just think of Perfect Team like MLB, not every team is built equally. Some teams spend a lot more money on their roster than others. No different here in Perfect Team.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Can also be someone who got a really lucky pull.

While monitoring the leagues we had found a team we thought was actually suspicious they were so stacked in such a low level, but when we researched things, found they hadn't cheated or even spent anything.

They'd pulled one of the top Perfect Cards in like the second non-starter pack they opened and used the proceeds to build a super team

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:06 AM   #8
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, one top 100 player can finance a whole team. Maddox and Cy Young are in the AH now for about 600,000 - that's $350 in real cash even at discounted prices.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #9
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Since teams are only promoted one league per week, someone who started last week but dumped a lot of cash into their team will be in Bronze this week. Even though they're loaded they started in Iron, just as you did, and got promoted to Bronze, just as you did. They will undoubtedly be promoted to Silver next week, Gold the week after that, and Diamond the following week. You will run into teams like this but unless your team is stacked too, they will pass you by, and after it shakes out in a few weeks, you'll be playing teams that are comparable to yours.

I would say just don't take it personally when your team loses to a stacked team - just accept that it's going to happen while the teams get sorted out.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:50 PM   #10
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Since teams are only promoted one league per week, someone who started last week but dumped a lot of cash into their team will be in Bronze this week. Even though they're loaded they started in Iron, just as you did, and got promoted to Bronze, just as you did. They will undoubtedly be promoted to Silver next week, Gold the week after that, and Diamond the following week. You will run into teams like this but unless your team is stacked too, they will pass you by, and after it shakes out in a few weeks, you'll be playing teams that are comparable to yours.

I would say just don't take it personally when your team loses to a stacked team - just accept that it's going to happen while the teams get sorted out.

Thanks. Yeah I'm content to build my team slowly and not move up too quickly.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:38 AM   #11
MightyVotto
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
Thanks. Yeah I'm content to build my team slowly and not move up too quickly.
I'm with you. I was actually annoyed that my team last week landed the last promotion slot in my league despite having a sub-.500 record. I wanted to stay where I was since my team didn't seem ready to move up.Figured they'd get pummeled again for another week. Weirdly, though, they're actually competing much better this week in the higher level. Baseball's so weird.
MightyVotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:44 AM   #12
Charlatan
All Star Starter

That happened to my team in Gold - I wanted to stay in the league so I could make some upgrades, but I snuck in the last promotion spot to Diamond. Unfortunately, my story doesn't end like yours! And sadly, it looks like we might be the last team in the league that doesn't get relegated, so it appears I will be in Diamond next season too.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:50 AM   #13
Kushiel
All Star Starter

My team in our Silver League is hovering at the relegation line too. I hope we stay up though so maybe Our League can start condensing into a level. We do not mind being fodder as we build. It is easier to see improvement against stiffer competition than giving the false security of winning against weaker foes.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #14
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

My team that won my Iron League is stuck at .500 in Bronze. My team that didn’t get promoted in Iron is now leading the league, the other one that got promoted to Bronze is second in its league. So likely two promotions this week. Generating some decent PP so slowly upgrading...
Old 04-19-2019, 01:40 PM   #15
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I'm seeing very very little luck in my FTP Gutter Cats. In PT 19 I pulled a couple high value historical diamonds and a live perfect. They hold their own in Diamond there but in PT 20 it's been SLOW going. I just earned a pack and bought three and Sonny Siebert was all I pulled that I could even use. Nothing really of value to sell.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:29 PM   #16
ruffyen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Can also be someone who got a really lucky pull.

While monitoring the leagues we had found a team we thought was actually suspicious they were so stacked in such a low level, but when we researched things, found they hadn't cheated or even spent anything.

They'd pulled one of the top Perfect Cards in like the second non-starter pack they opened and used the proceeds to build a super team
Wonder if I was the one under investigation . I pulled a Diamond Barry Bonds (99) that was selling for like 100k on the AH. I sold that, spent about 60k on packs and 30k on my team...my pitching is pretty great
ruffyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:31 PM   #17
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffyen View Post
Wonder if I was the one under investigation . I pulled a Diamond Barry Bonds (99) that was selling for like 100k on the AH. I sold that, spent about 60k on packs and 30k on my team...my pitching is pretty great
Nah, unless Bonds got demoted from perfect...

It is cool pulling a high selling card though....had that happen a couple of times in PT 19.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:56 PM   #18
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
Seriously?

The opposing team has a perfect and many high diamonds. How is this team not at least in a gold league?

This is only my second week in PT and this is what I can expect as I move up? For whatever it's worth I did win my iron league with this team so maybe I got put into a harder division? I don't know. I'm a few games under .500.

My other two teams are fairing much better (in iron and bronze).

But this makes me worry a bit about how pay to win and unbalanced this game will get as I move up.

One perfect only ?
I have this guy in my division in Bronze.

But yeah, people playing silvers in Diamond and Perfect leagues are the ones ruining the fun and the PP distribution
Attached Images
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:19 PM   #19
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
One perfect only ?
I have this guy in my division in Bronze.

But yeah, people playing silvers in Diamond and Perfect leagues are the ones ruining the fun and the PP distribution

Holy crap!
Old 04-20-2019, 11:59 AM   #20
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Ive spent $200 to destroy teams all the way up to current Diamond and have loved every second of it.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote