Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
dishnet34
All Star Starter

All-MLB Team League?

CURRENT TEAM LISTING CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...26&postcount=9

Hey everyone,

I'm making this thread just to gauge interest in something down the line. I was wondering if any of y'all would be interested in having a league that's made of all MLB-themed teams down the line? I think it'd be cool to have teams made up of mostly players from one team and have them compete with each other. I know I had fun making my all-Tigers team in 19, and I think it'd be cool for some of us to have one team dedicated to one team to possibly make a league with down the line!

Let me know if you're interested, and maybe once we're all in a higher level (perfect league, maybe?) we could try this out!

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Last edited by dishnet34; 04-03-2019 at 12:02 AM.
dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:52 AM   #2
getheroff
Minors (Single A)

I'm in...one of my free-to-play teams is a MN Twins team. Great idea!
getheroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:12 AM   #3
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

I’d be down with this. Rolling with the Phillies if that was possible.

Might take me a few cycles to get the right guys on the squad, but would move in that direction starting later this week - would force me to change my current Bronze level team name from Phortnite Phillies to the more traditional version.

Or happy to convert over one of my two entry level teams this week.

Last edited by daveh2018; 03-26-2019 at 06:15 AM.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:58 AM   #4
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh2018 View Post

Might take me a few cycles to get the right guys on the squad, but would move in that direction starting later this week - would force me to change my current Bronze level team name from Phortnite Phillies to the more traditional version.

Yeah, it would take a while to get the right players on the squad, and the fact that there are only so many teams we can create. Those are the only downsides to this plan, imo.

But yeah, if we get enough interest, I can post a thread looking for teams to claim. I think for Tampa and Miami-themed teams, I'd allow players that have played on the team in the past instead of just cards strictly listed as Marlins or Rays.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Old 03-26-2019, 01:40 PM   #5
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Depending on how much this league relaxes the requirements, I might have an addition. I am making one of my secondary teams be nothing but players for teams that have changed either their name or their mascot. I may further limit it later on to just mascots that no longer exist, so I'd still allow some like the Browns, Expos, and Senators, but I'd have to remove the Brooklyn Dodgers, New York Giants, and multiple previous iterations of Athletics and Braves, just to name a few.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:00 PM   #6
giventofly
Bat Boy

I would be in for the Pittsburgh Pirates
giventofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:40 PM   #7
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

I'd obviously be the Yankees
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:41 PM   #8
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh2018 View Post

I think you're in one of my leagues, or you were at least in my EP. Your name is familiar
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:08 PM   #9
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Post All-MLB Theme Team Sign-Up List!

Well, since there's a little bit of interest, I guess I should start making a list to see how much we can fill up.

The first stipulation for the league (which we can relax if need be) is that the team on the player card has to match the franchise they're doing.
-For example: for a Tigers team, the 2011 All-Star Verlander would count, but not the Live Verlander, since that's an Astros card.
-For teams that have changed cities (Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants, for example), they can align to the Los Angeles Dodgers team and San Francisco Giants theme teams, respectively. Expos/Nationals included.
-Only for teams that might not have enough player cards to make a competitive team based on the card list available at http://bit.ly/ootp20cards (Rays, Marlins, maybe Rockies? We can discuss this), this rule will be relaxed so that anybody who has played in the majors for those teams will be eligible.

Second, we will be using a "40 point" system for roster construction. You will have 40 "points" to create your roster. Perfects are worth 5 points, diamonds are worth 3 points, golds are worth 1 point, and silvers and below are worth 0. I feel this will help with competitive balance and make our rosters a bit more interesting.
-If rosters are not compliant with the 40 point rule by Tuesday of the week we do the league, they will have until the end of the day Wednesday to become compliant.
--If they are not compliant by Wednesday, they will be kicked out of the league for future editions in PT20.
-To avoid roster stacking for the playoffs, no new players shall be added to the active roster after Friday's games.

Here's the list, with people who have already expressed interest, and I can fill in those who express interest down the line. Just be warned that if this league is created, the game might not put these teams in their IRL divisions.

Team Name --- Username (PT Username)

Red Sox:
Yankees: nickwatic (nickyanks)
Rays:
Orioles: Eric (ericshen)
Blue Jays: Axertin (Axertin35)

Tigers: dishnet34 (DishTwitch)
Twins: getheroff (AKKAKA)
Royals: Randro (JeddiKnights)
White Sox: Arinelle (Arinelle)
Indians: sethisthegoat (sethisthegoat2)

A's: c19jf (OAKKATE)
Rangers: Charlatan (Charlatan3)
Mariners: Fester80 (Sully77)
Astros: ed_vilon (edvilon)
Angels: Lib (HuyHuy)

Mets: jfields01 (jfields01)
Phillies: daveh2018 (daveh2018_3)
Nationals/Expos: ShreddyG6 (ExpoShreddyG)
Marlins: McMariners (goats4dayz)
Braves: jeffstified (jeffstified_atl)

Cubs: starfox64 (pathughesfan)
Cardinals:
Pirates: giventofly (giventofly)
Reds: Nilwill76 (scorekeeper174)
Brewers:

Dodgers: HiDesertAce (BHBomber)
Giants: deep-thot (eruenion)
Rockies: AZAxle (RockiesTeam)
Diamondbacks: birbfm (bird)
Padres: kain6b (kain6112)

Last edited by dishnet34; 05-26-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #10
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Is a Tampa Bay Rays team even possible? I was going to try it after opening 160 packs and getting 2 copies of Blake Snell, but out of 960 cards only about 10 were Rays.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:39 PM   #11
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Is a Tampa Bay Rays team even possible? I was going to try it after opening 160 packs and getting 2 copies of Blake Snell, but out of 960 cards only about 10 were Rays.
Yeah, situations like that are why I relaxed the rule for specific teams, like the Rays, Marlins, etc. The card list does have some historical Rays cards (Rocco Baldelli, 09 Zobrist, 2010 Longoria to name a few), but the lack of good Rays cards outside of some of those made me re-think the rule for those teams.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:39 PM   #12
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

I'll take the Rockies ty very much!

Old 03-28-2019, 11:08 AM   #13
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

Pencil me in for the Braves. I won't have the game until it releases on Origin on 4/9, though.
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:00 PM   #14
Randro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I call the Royals if this happens
Randro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #15
Randro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I also know someone who may be interested in the A's, I will let them know about this thread
Old 03-29-2019, 05:02 PM   #16
Randro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

i also think we should set the stadiums to the OOTP park factors for either a classic team stadium or their current one for whatever franchise you have
Old 03-29-2019, 06:16 PM   #17
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randro View Post
i also think we should set the stadiums to the OOTP park factors for either a classic team stadium or their current one for whatever franchise you have
I agree. I have the Tigers team using the 1980-1999 version of Tiger Stadium, and the 3D model attached.

I probably won't make it a requirement, but it would be pretty cool.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:07 PM   #18
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Also, for those interested, could you post your PT usernames so we can add each other to our friends list for the project?

For the record, the username I have for the Tigers team is DishTwitch.

Last edited by dishnet34; 03-29-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:41 AM   #19
MarkGracesSlumpBuster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Red Sox
Downsr30
MarkGracesSlumpBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 11:18 AM   #20
starfox64
Minors (Single A)

Cubs!
pathughesfan