Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
dflippen
Bat Boy

Historical Lineups

How do I automatically generate historical lineups and trades?
dflippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:32 PM   #2
pjredsoxfan
Bat Boy

I would actually like to know this, too.
pjredsoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:37 AM   #3
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

You do this at step 2 when you're setting up the historical replay. There are boxes to check.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:16 AM   #4
MightyVotto
Minors (Double A)

You have to uncheck real minors though for these options to appear.
MightyVotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #5
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Don't remind me. Hopefully this will be changed at some point.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
Old 03-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #6
pjredsoxfan
Bat Boy

That makes more sense. I did not see it and wondered why, but I used "real minors." I do hope someday soon we can use "real minors" and real transactions, though I suppose that's a lot more research.
pjredsoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:47 PM   #7
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I have learned a few things through experimentation. I can start a league in 1901 and use real lineups and transactions. Then under League Functions -- Historical, there are boxes for real lineups, real transactions, and real minor leagues. When 1919 comes around, the minor leagues will still import even if all of the boxes are checked. The catch is that anyone who has been in the majors will not be on the correct team. They may be free agents, on the parent club, or on the last major league team they played for. Only the career minor leaguers and prospects who haven't made the majors will show up on the correct roster.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:01 PM   #8
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjredsoxfan View Post
That makes more sense. I did not see it and wondered why, but I used "real minors." I do hope someday soon we can use "real minors" and real transactions, though I suppose that's a lot more research.
That's the obstacle. There are just too many minor league transactions. I'm comfortable with using commissioner status to make sure my players are on the right roster on the days they actually played. I may try going with just historical lineups, since they make life much easier than looking them all up myself, and unchecking the transactions box so that the minor leaguers can import properly. But I'd have to start the year before I want to play the minor leagues. I guess more experiments are needed.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #9
MightyVotto
Minors (Double A)

I wonder if they could just focus on making the MLB to minors transactions work correctly. They seem to already be listed in the historical transactions lists. I really am not that interested in seeing all the minors to minors transactions. That would probably not even be realistic to make work correctly.
MightyVotto is offline   Reply With Quote