Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 3 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 10-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
Big Six
Hall Of Famer

The Canadian-American Hockey League: a fictional league story

Hello, FHMers.

I just purchased FHM2, and after giving it a bit of a test drive, I've decided I'd like to write a dynasty story based on an FHM league.

I've always enjoyed fictional leagues; I've created quite a few of them for OOTP over the years. In fact, one of the features that sold me on FHM2 was the ability to create fictional leagues fairly easily.

The Canadian-American Hockey League will begin play in 2015. There are two divisions, the Canadian and American, with six teams each. The Can-Am League teams represent cities large (Toronto and Montreal) and small (Hershey and Fredericton.) All of them, however, have enthusiastic followings who hope to see their heroes bring the Can-Am Cup home with them.

Many of the teams take their name from historic clubs, past and present, which are part of their home city's hockey history. Rather than edit the finances, I've decided to give each club a big, NHL-style budget, arena, etc.

Here are the twelve clubs of the Can-Am League:

CANADIAN DIVISION
Fredericton Royals
Hamilton Dukes
Kingston Frontenacs
Montreal Maroons
Oshawa Generals
Toronto Marlboros

AMERICAN DIVISION
Buffalo Bisons
Cleveland Barons
Hershey Bears
Pittsburgh Hornets
Providence Reds
Rochester Americans

I'm dressing them up with uniforms that have been created by several forum members...Tiger Fan and Isedelyod, in particular. Shouts out to them for their efforts.

I won't be managing a team myself. I'll be the Great Hockey Deity, watching my creation from above and telling its story here. I'll do my best to make the Can-Am League come alive, and hopefully some of you will follow along. I'll probably update the story semi-annually, at least in the beginning.

It's almost time to drop the puck...

The Base Ball Life of Patrick O'Farrell: 2014 inductee, OOTP Dynasty Hall of Fame

Kenilworth: A Town and its Team: fun with a fictional league
Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:56 PM   #2
Big Six
Hall Of Famer

This post is reserved for a list of Can-Am Cup winners, individual award recipients, and Hall of Fame members.

The Base Ball Life of Patrick O'Farrell: 2014 inductee, OOTP Dynasty Hall of Fame

Old 10-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #3
Big Six
Hall Of Famer

This post is reserved for individual and team record holders.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #4
Big Six
Hall Of Famer

20 September 2015

Season Preview

The inaugural season of the Canadian-American Hockey League is about to begin. Let's take a brief look at each of the twelve Can-Am League teams, beginning with the Canadian Division.

Fredericton Royals
Winger Justin Sanders led the league in pre-season scoring (4-8-12 in 7 games). Speedy Russian forward Mikhail Levada can be counted on to supply offensive punch, too. Oleg Papazov and Stefan Jordan form an excellent top defense pairing. The Royals are somewhat shaky in goal.

Hamilton Dukes
The Dukes are led by veteran two-way forward Blair Chyzyk, one of the league's biggest stars. Left wing Tomás Man (5-5-10) had a good pre-season, too, and Filip Bergdahl is another exciting forward. Hard-hitting Alexandre Parent leads the backline corps, and Lou Jeffers is solid in goal.

Kingston Frontenacs
The rabid fans in one of the league's smaller cities will thrill to the goal-scoring exploits of LW Alfred West and the reliable defensive play of captain Cedric Cadotte. Centre Dave Sandry and goalie Norbert Wilson are the Fronts' best young players.

Montreal Maroons
Centre Chet McGormery opened a few eyes during preseason, scoring five times. Maroons fans hope hard-hitting defenseman Matt Lee can still bring it at age 37, and star forward Horace Harrison (39) is even older. Goalie Curtis Hall is one of the league's best.

Oshawa Generals
Left wing Anthony Beauchesne is one of the league's most exciting young players, and his play during the exhibition season (5-6-11) confirmed that status. Dmitry Kozlov is a flashy playmaking centre who's not afraid to mix it up, either. Star defenseman Mikulás Simonkay is as good an all-round blueliner as there is in the league. Pat Hart will be the first choice between the pipes.

Toronto Marlboros
The Marlies hope pivotman Andrey Lavenkov will continue his fine form (4-7-11) once the games start counting. There are stars aplenty in Toronto, including RW Tomás Cernin and defensemen Jeff Hotham and Didier Bélanger. In goal, the Marlies will count on David McCain.

Last edited by Big Six; 10-20-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #5
Big Six
Hall Of Famer

Season Preview

Now, it's time to look at the six clubs of the American Division.

Buffalo Bisons
John Lucic, a rugged forward from the Canadian prairies, is the Bisons' star man. Centre John Murphy and RW John Gottschalk complete a potent first line. Captain Garrett Potskin leads the defense, but the situation in goal is still unsettled.

Cleveland Barons
Roger Roe is perhaps the league's most dangerous offensive blueliner, and he's just entering his prime. Flashy Czech centre Jan Jahoda and tough Earl Scally are the team's best forwards. The Barons, too, are still trying to pick their starting goaltender.

Hershey Bears
The Chocolate City claims the league's best defensive pairing: Ryan Tomchuk and Tyler Galiardi. Right wing Grant Thrower and French centre Alan "The Sheep" Mouton are the Bears' offensive leaders. Fred Tucker will get the bulk of the work in net.

Pittsburgh Hornets
The Hornets struggled to score goals during exhibition play. They're hoping Russian winger Pavel Smirnov begins to fulfill his immense potential. John Kirk also provides quality play on the wing, and steady veteran Chet Curtis is a rock on the blue line. Tylor Busenius is a promising young goalie.

Providence Reds
Franchise defenseman Jason Sevalrud should anchor the Reds' defense for a decade. C Dmitry Poplavsky and RW Sean McGillivantic are the team's most potent offensive threats. The Reds have an excellent goalie, Vitaly Sokolov.

Rochester Americans
The heart and soul of the Amerks is captain Jon Pontarollo, a venerable defenseman. His partner, Arthur Arthur, is also an excellent player. Previously unheralded winger Philippe Larivičre fired in six goals in seven pre-season contests. Andrew Schmidt will get most of the starts in goal.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
Big Six
Hall Of Famer

20 September 2015

The league media consider Oshawa the favorites to capture the first Can-Am Cup, with Hamilton the best bet to challenge the Generals for the Canadian Division championship.

Providence and Rochester are the projected leaders in the Atlantic Division, with the Reds possibly getting the nod by the narrowest of margins.

Blair Chyzyk of the Dukes has been tapped to lead the league in scoring, with the Marlies' Tomás Cernin and Oshawa's Dmitry Kozlov also predicted to produce big numbers.

Oshawa's Mikulás Simonkay and Hershey's elite pairing, RyanTomchuk and Tyler Galiardi, were named as the league's top defensemen.

The American Division seems to be the home of the loop's best netminders. The pundits' pick as the league's best goalie was Vitaly Sokolov of Providence, with Hershey's Fred Tucker and Rochester's Andrew Schmidt also named as standouts.