Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2002, 02:24 AM   #1
jerryjr
Bat Boy

Talking Looking to join a good mature league

I would like to join a league with a solid bunch of mature owners who know the game and are committed to putting time into the league. I do not want to be in a league where there is a naked women or rappers on the homepage. Nor where the term’s ‘dis’ and ‘talking smack’ are encouraged. I would prefer to be in a league that is in the 80’s or earlier but will join any professional league. Although a 50’s league would be ideal for me. If you have such a league and are looking for someone who knows the game and is willing to participate by writing articles, doing stats and maybe most importantly, returns e-mails in a timely fashion please drop me a line.
Thank you
jerryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 09:17 AM   #2
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

[quote]Originally posted by jerryjr:
<strong>I would like to join a league with a solid bunch of mature owners who know the game and are committed to putting time into the league. I do not want to be in a league where there is a naked women or rappers on the homepage. Nor where the term’s ‘dis’ and ‘talking smack’ are encouraged. I would prefer to be in a league that is in the 80’s or earlier but will join any professional league. Although a 50’s league would be ideal for me. If you have such a league and are looking for someone who knows the game and is willing to participate by writing articles, doing stats and maybe most importantly, returns e-mails in a timely fashion please drop me a line.
Thank you</strong><hr></blockquote>

You sound like you'd make a great GM, & if you'll pardon me for sounding like a know-it-all I would suggest you follow several online leagues to get a good idea of whether they are for you, then email their commish directly to apply. Sometimes obviously ideal/professional GM's can get ahead of the waiting list, and sometimes you can get picked simply because of good timing. To find the leagues I'd suggest checking the lists at Mark's ootplinks.com & statbasedbaseball.com. Also, some of the best leagues do not advertise as ownership changes are infrequent, but you can still find these leagues with a google search for "+league +ootp3". Good luck.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 09:23 AM   #3
crackpott
Hall Of Famer

ya, you did sound good... I hate people who talk using internet slang, and try to make a point to get new owners who don't either. The problem with my league is where you said you don't want naked women all over the page... I think you must have looked at my league already. They're not naked, exactly... just maxim-esque pictures.
crackpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 09:31 AM   #4
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

[quote]Originally posted by crackpott:
<strong>ya, you did sound good... I hate people who talk using internet slang, and try to make a point to get new owners who don't either. The problem with my league is where you said you don't want naked women all over the page... I think you must have looked at my league already. They're not naked, exactly... just maxim-esque pictures.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Crackpott, your league looks really good, and I think the pics are hilarious. Wives and girlfriends might not approve of spending all day with a playmate picture on the monitor though . "But honey, it's just a baseball league!"
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 10:34 AM   #5
crackpott
Hall Of Famer

Thanks.

My girlfriend takes it well... I claim it's not my league, I can't control what's on the page. Maybe I should include some sort of waiver. "Phil is not responsible for any breakups caused by the FBBL's lucious women."
crackpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 11:07 AM   #6
Jestre
All Star Reserve

jerryjr, if you like oldtimers leagues I would suggest MLB Century or Boys of Summer. Both are straightforward leagues with a core of solid owners. Both strive for realism and a high degree of historicity. Neither have an opening at this time but openings do occur and putting your name in will guarantee an email when an opening crops up. Both can be found on Cooleys Historically OOTP site. <a href="http://www.sportplanet.com/sbb/hootp" target="_blank">www.sportplanet.com/sbb/hootp</a>

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: Jestre ]</p>
Old 01-11-2002, 09:04 AM   #7
Subby
Major Leagues

As Killer should have mentioned, stay away from <a href="http://www.thefobl.com" target="_blank">this league</a>.

They are all twisted and infantile
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 12:13 PM   #8
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Jestre,

Why wouldnt you include Glory Days in your list of "good oldtimers league"?

My feelings are hurt!
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 02:22 PM   #9
Jestre
All Star Reserve

Cooley, I'm not in Glory Days ergo I'm not qualified to comment on the merits of that league.
Also I wasn't listing the top old-timer leagues just recommending a couple that I am familiar with....

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Jestre ]</p>
Old 01-14-2002, 11:59 PM   #10
Aussie Mark
Major Leagues

Mets and Angels are available in the BBDL ...

<a href="http://www.sportplanet.com/sbb/mmbl/baseball/bbdl.htm" target="_blank">http://www.sportplanet.com/sbb/mmbl/baseball/bbdl.htm</a>

Established league, started in 1984, currently in 1987. Has some interesting rules that add some realism and interest.

Email the Commish (addy on league webpage), not me.