Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #21
bphilb
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the update. I'm new this year, but so many games I have played don't keep us up to date on the process and it really can create frustration. I'm enjoying PT so much that if you add nothing I'm going to be good for a while.

As far as they additions, the tournaments sound like to much fun. I'm currently getting hammered in a perfect league, but am probably not going to get relegated. I'm going to be this way for a while because the top teams are so stacked already. I'm not complaining, I'm still having fun seeing how the players perform each year and tinkering with my team to make small improvements. The tournaments sound like they may add some strategy and something else to focus on while following our main teams which is exciting for a team like mine which may not compete for a while.

The collections really sound like a rich getting richer idea. If you have a ton of cards because you bought a lot of packs you should get more collections thus getting more PP's, cards..whatever. I don't know if getting that out this early when the top teams will be the one's that will benefit will really help the game. I may not be understanding the promotion so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks again for the update.
bphilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:02 PM   #22
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

i would rather start the collection missions. That will give us an idea what cards we should be looking for or keeping. Info about the potential tourneys would be good, too.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #23
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I'm more interested in tournaments, but any information about how collections and tournaments will work is desirable. For tournaments, you mentioned a while back that there would be 8-player events with the first 8 players signing up being entered. I am most interested in these small events because my personality favors small rewards, more frequently than some rare card that I might win once in a lifetime. I am hopeful that these small events are also class events: that is, for example, only iron league teams can enter a bronze card only event. Otherwise, the whales may monopolize these prizes as well. Let them have bronze card only events that only perfect league teams can enter.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #24
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

as a greedy and impatient customer, I want it all and I want it yesterday

but realistically... I'll take whatever new additions can be added when they are ready... if the collections missions can be rolled out with no issues, I'm all for it
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #25
Ile
Minors (Double A)

With the limited info we have, I'd vote for collection missions first!

I don't have much gaming time at all unfortunately, which is why I like PT so much. Just log on once a day, hopefully crack a few packs open and even more hopefully - adjust the lineup.

Tournaments, as I'm currently imagining them in my head (most likely incorrectly, but still) will only really be a feature for the players that have the spare time, whereas collection missions is a lot more accessible regardless of how much spare time we have.

Last edited by Ile; 04-18-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:28 PM   #26
von_wilhelm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I would vote for collection missions.
von_wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #27
allenciox
All Star Reserve

My vote also goes to tournaments as an FTP player, I won't have any chance to win any collection missions anyway.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:19 PM   #28
CajunGumbo
Bat Boy

While tournaments seem more exciting to me personally, I would try and get collection missions out first. It seems most people (myself included) are simply hoarding cards because we don't know which ones we will need for the missions, when they would normally be put into the AH. Going after collection missions first would increase activity of the AH by people either selling duplicates or selling cards that they now know aren't part of a mission.

Additionally tournaments are going to be an add on to the normal PT game, requiring cards separate from our normal teams. Most people are still going to be putting together their normal teams for the next few months anyway and wont be looking for extra ways to play when our normal teams still require most of our attention.
CajunGumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:56 PM   #29
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the update.

I've been playing since the 1st iteration on Windows 98 in 2001 I think. I have dumped more money into this game in the past 6 months than 44 previous years of playing random games on a screen/monitor combined.

I sometimes think to myself when I am busily hunting the AH for hot deals how fun it must be for those directly involved in this games development and production to be witnessing a such a huge pot of gold overflowing. After all these years. Well deserved. I'm sure we all wish you grow as big as you need to grow to deliver the all those projects you have been dreaming up for years but might not have had the time, money, and/or resources to pull them off properly and to the level we have come to expect.

Godspeed...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:06 PM   #30
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethisthegoat View Post
Thanks for the update! Personally I’m holding onto cards waiting for info on collections. I’m excited for the tournaments, but the collection info is actively impacting cards that I list for sale.
Wish I had done this. I have bad, bad OCD and all those cards just make me crazy. Neat and tidy. I know what cards I want. When I attain one of them... someone else has to go.

Heck, I sell 90% of the stuff I open within 30 seconds of opening up the pack. If their auction value isn't worth it to me I quick dump them like penny stocks.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:56 AM   #31
SodoMojo
Minors (Double A)

Just want to re-iterate what some have said.

I'll take info on either first and can wait patiently for the actual implementation.

Not having any info on how they will work, or what cards I should be holding onto/looking for is a speculation game I don't enjoy.

Either way thanks for the update and appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing. Being in the software/gaming industry I completely understand where you're coming from.
SodoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:53 AM   #32
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanks for your kind words guys and for your patience On Tuesday I will sit down and explain in detail what tournaments and the collection missions will look like, so you get a better idea.

I personally really want the tournaments to be completed asap, as they will add a whole new dimension to PT. And I'll be working super hard with the team to get them into the game as soon as humanly possible.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:24 AM   #33
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Thanks for your kind words guys and for your patience On Tuesday I will sit down and explain in detail what tournaments and the collection missions will look like, so you get a better idea.

I personally really want the tournaments to be completed asap, as they will add a whole new dimension to PT. And I'll be working super hard with the team to get them into the game as soon as humanly possible.
(plonks down a huge novelty cup filled to the edge with coffee) There ya go! And there's always more of this!

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:52 AM   #34
daves
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to OOTP GO since I have very limited computer free time.

I am not sure what the Collection mission actually is? But tournaments and uploading teams to the game will be great!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:47 AM   #35
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGumbo View Post
While tournaments seem more exciting to me personally, I would try and get collection missions out first. It seems most people (myself included) are simply hoarding cards because we don't know which ones we will need for the missions, when they would normally be put into the AH. Going after collection missions first would increase activity of the AH by people either selling duplicates or selling cards that they now know aren't part of a mission.

Additionally tournaments are going to be an add on to the normal PT game, requiring cards separate from our normal teams. Most people are still going to be putting together their normal teams for the next few months anyway and wont be looking for extra ways to play when our normal teams still require most of our attention.
I agree with this 100%. Once people satisfy collections and know that a card isn't needed any more they will start putting them on the AH, which will liven things up there.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:04 AM   #36
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I thought collections would need to be "turned in." you can't put the card back on the auction house after using it to satisfy a collection requirement so I'm not sure how that will improve activity. plus you never know if there will be a future collection that requires something

Last edited by dkgo; 04-19-2019 at 10:05 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #37
Dirwulf
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A vote for tournaments here.
Dirwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:44 PM   #38
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I agree with this 100%. Once people satisfy collections and know that a card isn't needed any more they will start putting them on the AH, which will liven things up there.
according to the initial v20 post from Markus, it doesn't sound like that's an option once your collection mission is completed:

"Collection Missions

This is another new feature we will roll out after the launch, probably late April / early May. Essentially, there will be missions to collect a certain set of cards, and once completed, you'll get a reward (exclusive cards / packs). Cards from finished collections can not be sold, they get locked."

unless that's subject to change, of course (or I'm misinterpreting it)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:19 PM   #39
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I thought collections would need to be "turned in." you can't put the card back on the auction house after using it to satisfy a collection requirement so I'm not sure how that will improve activity. plus you never know if there will be a future collection that requires something
Yeah, I was of the understanding that cards "turned in" for collections will get locked, so they can't be sold in the future. So that action takes those specific cards out of circulation. But it would free up others. How? Here's how:

people are currently hoarding all cards (in theory) since they don't know what cards are part of what collections. So once the collections are known, you'll know with 100% certainty whether or not that 69 OVR Tony Armas is needed or not... and if he's not needed then I suspect people will put him on the AH.

Plus, I don't know for sure, but I figure not all cards will have an associated a collection, so there may be a bunch of cards (bad, average and good) that will come onto the AH due to people no longer having to hoard them.

So collections won't free up ALL of your spare cards, but it will allow a number of cards people were holding "just in case" to be sold.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:53 PM   #40
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
So once the collections are known, you'll know with 100% certainty whether or not that 69 OVR Tony Armas is needed or not... and if he's not needed then I suspect people will put him on the AH.
You're assuming that all collections will be unveiled at the same time. While that's possible, I think it's more likely that a good chunk will be revealed at once, with more collections to slowly roll out over time.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote