Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:39 PM   #1
ETRAIN
Minors (Triple A)

Force Trade Not Working

Hey everyone, I'm an online commissioner and our league allows for a modest ability for teams to go over the owner's budget. Our settings are set to where the owner sets the budget. In the two+ seasons of the league, I've always been able to use "Force Trade." to allow teams to go overbudget and it's always been accepted. After this latest patch, I went to allow for an overbudget trade and the game stopped me.

Is this something that's new in OOTP 19, something new in the latest patch, or simply the first time an owner decided that an overbudget trade wouldn't happen on his watch. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
ETRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #2
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Something new with the latest patch. It's annoying as I now have to add cash to teams when this happens
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:45 AM   #3
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

What's the point of "force trade" then anymore?? That doesn't make any sense.
geoffmatt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yes, sorry, when making other changes to trading, it looks like the force trade logic is going through some of the other checks for available cashflows or tradeable players. We'll fix that up in the next patch.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:42 PM   #5
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yes, sorry, when making other changes to trading, it looks like the force trade logic is going through some of the other checks for available cashflows or tradeable players. We'll fix that up in the next patch.
You . . . you mean I cannot force trades anymore? This means the end of my GM career if I cannot have my will, my way in these transactions. I will be forced to rely upon my skill and judgment. I'm in trouble! Yiiiii!!

[Said tongue-in-cheek and not meaning to disparage the complaint. I have been known to use this option occasionally myself; that much is true. Usually when I have made a dumb mistake like clicking the wrong button. ]

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
You . . . you mean I cannot force trades anymore? This means the end of my GM career if I cannot have my will, my way in these transactions. I will be forced to rely upon my skill and judgment. I'm in trouble! Yiiiii!!

[Said tongue-in-cheek and not meaning to disparage the complaint. I have been known to use this option occasionally myself; that much is true. Usually when I have made a dumb mistake like clicking the wrong button. ]
You can still use it to override AI reactions. So if you want to offer Kevin Pillar for Mike Trout, you can force the AI to accept that deal. But you might not be able to force a team to give you a ton of cash in the deal as well.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:17 PM   #7
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
You can still use it to override AI reactions. So if you want to offer Kevin Pillar for Mike Trout, you can force the AI to accept that deal. But you might not be able to force a team to give you a ton of cash in the deal as well.
I'm saved! Thank you, thank you, thank you! ()

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:28 PM   #8
Recte44
Global Moderator

I'm sorry- even without cash involved I'm not able to force trades at all in my league. This is a HUGE issue.